Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Xzilon: yes or no?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xzilon: yes or no?

Im fixing to get my car out of the body shop and I work for a dealership that offers "XZILON Molecular Adhesion". I've seen applied to a few cars I sold and it looks really nice, but I wondered if anyone else had tried it here. And if so what they thought of it. Also before I get bashed I won't be paying the normal dealership price, more like a fourth of what it normally costs people.

guess nobody's used this before eh?

Last edited by Int0x; 02-11-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-11-2008, 11:59 PM

what the **** is that?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 AM

mdub used it on his
Old 02-12-2008, 12:14 AM

does he like it? or have you seen it, how does it look?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:00 AM

No opinions about this product?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 AM

PM him
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/members/m-dub-4606/
Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 AM

It seems to be some sort of really expensive sealant. From what I've read, its just a dealership ploy the likeness of Monster Cables, low cost product sold at a high cost retail price.

If its durability over looks your going for, just go out and buy a quality sealant for your car, Collinite IW845 or 476S comes to mind. Either of those waxes can be purchased for under $20, and I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts they do the exact same thing as this $500 treatment. Especially since the two Collinite brands I listed are among the favourite waxes for surviving the winter in detailing circles.

Just trying to save you some money
Old 02-18-2008, 09:05 AM

it's only $250 my cost with a 3 year warranty, but alas I still have a few dings to take care of so it'll be a a little while before I can seal it.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM

from what i talked to him about it he loves it. i used a local based company's sealant and it works just as great. but yea great sealant just make sure you use a tech wax before you do seal the paint, and your car will look wet and waxed everytime you wash it
Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Int0x
it's only $250 my cost with a 3 year warranty, but alas I still have a few dings to take care of so it'll be a a little while before I can seal it.
Still, is it worth $250 dollars to have someone apply what you can buy yourself for under $20?

I'm just saying, its a real snake oil type product. I've read the claims, if they really were true, don't you think professional automotive detailers would be singing its praises? They're not.

What I'm trying to say is, and what bothers me the most about this product is the fine print. Sure you get a 3 year warranty. But what does that cover? Is Xzilon going to prevent swirls and scratches? Is Xzilon going to repel industrial fallout the will embed itself into the paint over that three years? Is Xzilon going to void your warranty if you drive through and automated wash and in the process get a douse of new wax on your car?

From what I've read, the warranty is voided the minute any other form of wax touches the car, and I'd assume this includes quick detailing sprays. It also is prohibited to perform any sort of polishing to the car. I'm certain this includes clay bars, so then there is no way to remove contaminants in the paint surface. Then the inevitable swirl marks that will pop up over the years. You have to way to take this out without polishing of some sort.

To maintain the warranty, it seems like you have to put your paint surface into a sort of isolation. No wax, no quick detailers, to swirl removers, no clay bar. Just Xzilon and hope for the best. Its a lot of money to spend on a product that hasn't really been proven to be worth anywhere near the cost.

Like I said earlier, this product is a paintwork sealant. Maybe it is a bit more durable than your traditional OTC products, but it isn't some mystery substance the likes of which can not be attained with much less expensive products.

Like I said, you can try Poorboys EX-P, Collinite IW485, Klasse HGSG, or Optimum Opti-Seal. These are all readily available, very affordable products that provide long term protection and easy application. Best part, your free to do whatever the hell you want to your paint with them on. Because if you clay, just re-apply the sealant again. If you think product is starting to lose its luster, re-apply.

You don't have to go back to the dealership to have them re-apply anything. But if you think $250 is worth a product that is going to tie your hands behind your back as far as maintaining the finish on your car, go for it. I'm just saying, that warranty sounds more of a prison sentence for your paint than a saviour.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 AM

I've never had it explained that way, and I haven't completely decided on Xzilon as of yet. I think I may try some of those products before I make a decision though. Thank you.

Search this Thread