2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

3 bar map sensor wiring help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 bar map sensor wiring help?

This is intake manifold 3 bar map sensor wiring

So I found my problem probably for the issues I have been having guess I did not notice b4. The fourth wire was not fully connected so I pulled apart completely . I pulled back tape to splice again and noticed the 3rd wire is not connected to anything. Is this normal? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 1479602716461-1684297074.jpg  
Old 11-19-2016, 08:36 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
The manifold mounted MAP only uses 3 of the wires, the one in the charge pipe uses all 4. I snapped a picture of the plug and play harness for you, I should have uploaded it to your other thread but after seeing this that adapter no longer applies, you'll have to re splice and heat shrink this as the factory connector the PnP harness goes to is no longer there.
Attached Thumbnails img_0286.jpg  
Old 11-19-2016, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tdubbs
The manifold mounted MAP only uses 3 of the wires, the one in the charge pipe uses all 4. I snapped a picture of the plug and play harness for you, I should have uploaded it to your other thread but after seeing this that adapter no longer applies, you'll have to re splice and heat shrink this as the factory connector the PnP harness goes to is no longer there.
OK cool. So I should just cut off bottom connecter on plug n pay harness and splice wires together, heat shrink to factory wires? Should I use electrical tape on each one then put some plastic wrap and heat it up? Thanks for you help!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:57 PM

Could this loose wire been causing my p0236 codes?
Old 11-19-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
It's possible it could be your code, but you gotta fix it first and clear it to see. As to your cutting the plug and play, just cut the 3 cavity plug off leaving the 4 cavity plug and wires, and splice them together. You could use butt splices like the previous install was, but the better way is to solder them. Either way, after you connect them use heatshrink over the connections, then electrical tape over that. You could also get more of the black corrugated elctrical wire covering to put on after the heat shrink and tape over that, looks more like a factory harness.

Just make sure when you start do one wire at a time, makes it easier and if you forget you don't need to hunt down a wiring diagram.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tdubbs
And I do have the other piece that connects to the adapter I just took it off to see if I could re wire, even with it on it does not come close to connecting together.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...oducts_id/1626

Theres a link to purchase that plug from a supplier other than CED for a fraction of their price. I can confirm it does fit correctly and work.