2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Placement of Meth pump & meth questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Placement of Meth pump & meth questions

if this is in the rong spot feel free to move it ( thanks alot) ( sorry i figured the lsj and lnf place would be most of the people who used it so i would put it in there)

ok here go's i have a meth tank but i located it in my trunk.. would it be better to put the pump right by the tank or could i put it up by my front bumper( behind mounted to the inner) ? will the pump work the same way or would it be harder or easier on the pump in amyway? I would like to put the pump under the hood so its out of the way and its by the maf ( for the progressive) so i dont have to run wires from the front to the back over and over to get the controler to work....

main ?'s are :

1.Better to be closer to the tank?

2.Will it hurt it being further away from the tank due to stress or fatigue of the motor( sureflow)?

3.Will it take longer for the pump to start spraying if its further away( i would think not seeing as there should still be methanol in the lines while its sitting running or not.)?

4.I am going to use washer fluid .. so how much HEET do i need to make it a 50 50 mix?

5.Is it worth it doing a 50 50 over a normal 30 70?( or whats everyones preferd mix and why would you use that over the other?)( i dont want to make my own because if i go on a long trip and have fun i dont want to have to try and find a place that sells methanol i would rather just run into a walmart and grab a few bottles of HEET( maby not) and / or just get some washer fluid and be done with it( dont have to worry if i cant get methanol).

6.How do u know the size of ur meth nozzle( mine says something 5 on the top right where the jet/screw in part is .... is that the right spot and if so is it a 5gpm / gph??)

7.How do i know when its time to step up to the bigger/smaller nossle size?*( what happens if i go to big of a nossle¿ do i loose power?)

8.How do u wire in the low level switch?? do u just wire it to a light and when it gets low it just turns the light on??( is there any way to wire this into ur interseptor to make the led's turn on??)

9.If i where to mix my own would i use normal tap watter or would i get distelled watter(whats the diffrence?)?

10.ok so i just wanted an even number so i gues thanks alot in advanced and sorry for all the Questions i just wanted to know and when i searched all i found was group buys and some info but not all of this so maby if i put all of this out there next time some 1 will stumble acrost this and not have to search for hours.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by nicksredline
if this is in the rong spot feel free to move it ( thanks alot) ( sorry i figured the lsj and lnf place would be most of the people who used it so i would put it in there)

ok here go's i have a meth tank but i located it in my trunk.. would it be better to put the pump right by the tank or could i put it up by my front bumper( behind mounted to the inner) ? will the pump work the same way or would it be harder or easier on the pump in amyway? I would like to put the pump under the hood so its out of the way and its by the maf ( for the progressive) so i dont have to run wires from the front to the back over and over to get the controler to work....

main ?'s are :

1.Better to be closer to the tank?

2.Will it hurt it being further away from the tank due to stress or fatigue of the motor( sureflow)?

3.Will it take longer for the pump to start spraying if its further away( i would think not seeing as there should still be methanol in the lines while its sitting running or not.)?

4.I am going to use washer fluid .. so how much HEET do i need to make it a 50 50 mix?

5.Is it worth it doing a 50 50 over a normal 30 70?( or whats everyones preferd mix and why would you use that over the other?)( i dont want to make my own because if i go on a long trip and have fun i dont want to have to try and find a place that sells methanol i would rather just run into a walmart and grab a few bottles of HEET( maby not) and / or just get some washer fluid and be done with it( dont have to worry if i cant get methanol).

6.How do u know the size of ur meth nozzle( mine says something 5 on the top right where the jet/screw in part is .... is that the right spot and if so is it a 5gpm / gph??)

7.How do i know when its time to step up to the bigger/smaller nossle size?*( what happens if i go to big of a nossle¿ do i loose power?)

8.How do u wire in the low level switch?? do u just wire it to a light and when it gets low it just turns the light on??( is there any way to wire this into ur interseptor to make the led's turn on??)

9.If i where to mix my own would i use normal tap watter or would i get distelled watter(whats the diffrence?)?

10.ok so i just wanted an even number so i gues thanks alot in advanced and sorry for all the Questions i just wanted to know and when i searched all i found was group buys and some info but not all of this so maby if i put all of this out there next time some 1 will stumble acrost this and not have to search for hours.
I'll see what I can help with.

1) I really don't think it matters
2) Some pumps like the ones that come with the Snow kits have adjustable pressure settings. If the pump is further away i'd turn the pressure up. You have to make sure the pump is mounted lower than the resevoir holding the meth.
3) I highly doubt there will be a lag for the meth to come on because the pumps are high pressure pumps.
4)Do not use washer fluid. Either run Snow's boost juice or VP methanol and distilled water. I've tuned 4 5.0 Mustangs with meth and the Heet mixture was never consistant with the air/fuel ratio on any cars. Yes, some people run it...but I like my tunes being dead on all the time.
5)I prefer 50/50 on the boosted mustangs and my nitrous mustang. I can't speak for experience on the 70/30 mix but I know alot of the Buick guys ran 100% meth on their cars.
6)I'm not sure
7)Most meth systems for a boosted car come with a progressive controller. If you have the controller setup properly and the car starts to bog down when the meth is activated. The easy way to tell this would be if you have a wideband.
8)Also not sure
9)Distilled water. Its used to prevent the possible mineral buildup in the system that can be found in hard water.

This is from my personal experience only as i'm not an expert in the field. Both Snow and AIS have very helpful forums to use if you have any further questions.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 PM

thanks alot buddy... yeah i had a buick(GN) but when we had the pumps they where directly sitting inside the container for the fluid... me and my friends dad's car i loved it!!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Banned

personally it all depends on how big of a tank you wanna run. i plan on running a 2.5 gallon tank in the trunk and tuning for the meth. if yours running the small tanks ive seen guys run them on the side where a cold air intake would normally go. thats only benefical being that you will have less hoses and wiring to worry about. personally i think the best kit is the snow performance stage 3(if you wanna spend the money). also i recommend the safeguard system for it aswell. for the most part the questions you had where answered(except 2 which i have the same answer being i havent installed one on these cars yet)