2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

LNF ECM standalone unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LNF ECM standalone unit

Came back from florida 2weeks ago and found out, a swamp boat dealer who's built a LNF without GM's ECM & BCM but they used a AEM EMS-4 unit.. just wondering if anyone knows

Ecotec airboats

I've searched and found a few post on here - but all of them old (2010)... just wondering..

ECOPRO 137.wmv - YouTube
Old 10-10-2011, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Needs a tune lol
Old 10-10-2011, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
james get on it
Old 10-11-2011, 01:26 AM

Yea, I'm pretty sure that airboat is trifecta tuned on a stock pcm cause the guy that built it talked to vince about getting around all of the woodwork and security. I'll see if I can find the forum on where the guy talked about his build. Apparently somehow Vince was able to get around the bcm not being wired into a vehicle.

Edit: My bad, it is wired to a standalone ecm but he had a GM Tech do the wiring. I doubt anyone here could tell you how to wire one in or how it would work as the stock PCM is about as sophisticated as a control module can get and no one really upgrades that. It was on LNF Performance Tech.

Last edited by FasterIsBetter; 10-11-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:31 AM

Heres the link to that thread about his design.

Last edited by FasterIsBetter; 10-11-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 AM

^linky phail
Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
^linky phail
Sorry, apparently CSS blocks us from typing in lnf performance's website. Just google LNF Airboat and it should pop up.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:17 AM

just put a space =p n preview it, if it dont put * then your good ppl can just put the link together =p
Old 10-11-2011, 06:42 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
haha I heard the BPV at the end
Old 10-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Yea, I'm pretty sure that airboat is trifecta tuned on a stock pcm cause the guy that built it talked to vince about getting around all of the woodwork and security. I'll see if I can find the forum on where the guy talked about his build. Apparently somehow Vince was able to get around the bcm not being wired into a vehicle.

Edit: My bad, it is wired to a standalone ecm but he had a GM Tech do the wiring. I doubt anyone here could tell you how to wire one in or how it would work as the stock PCM is about as sophisticated as a control module can get and no one really upgrades that. It was on LNF Performance Tech.
Good work!!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

thats pretty legit lol
Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 PM

Hey Guys, when i started the thread on the LNF forum, a GM tech was going to help me do the wiring but that didn't happen. I started and finished the same thread on the gmsubcompac forum. I used a stock ecm and a stock engine wiring harness. We ordered a new body wiring harness to get the 58 pin connector from and the connectors for the fuel pump and throttle pedal. We also purchased the stage one kit. I purchased a set of service manuals so i could highlite the circuits i needed and bypassed the body control module. Vince sent me a tune that had all the functions of the body control module turned off. The first time we turned the key, it fired up but was running too rich. We sent a data log back to Vince and he sent me another tune and said the # 2 oO2 sensor had no power. We corrected the wiring and it ran perfect. The boat is in Alaska and has reached 25 lbs boost with the water temp at 182 Degrees. My customer has also had Vince send him a tune for his LSA engine.
We have started doing an LHU turbo 2011 buick Regal engine. We want to learn the Flex Fuel system. We are also doing a 2.4 LAF and have ordered an LLR 5 cylinder that should be hear by the end of the week or Monday.
We hope in the near furture to have all the componants to make up complete wiring harness for the Ecotecs to run standalone.
I do know that Vince will be doing all our tuning.
Thanks, Chuck
Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 PM

yea i was going to say there is now way you have the lnf on a full standalone. the fuel injectors require a 24v driver that is window operated based on crank location and thus stopping anyone from even being interested in trying to make one. there are people like haltech and motec who i would bet can engineer this but the time to engineer a custom ecu like that would require an almost budget less wallet. vince's bcm tune is the only way to get it to run outside of the lnf platformed vehicles at this current time.

^your going to like the flex fuel stuff.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Lol........... Love it..
Old 10-11-2011, 09:51 PM

that full e stuff byt has going on in the lnf is amazing....cant go wrong with corn
Old 10-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Now we didn't use the bcm, Vince turned off everything in the ecm that had anything to do with the bcm. I new we had to make the GM ECM work because i had talked to most of the manufacturer's that make aftermarket controllers and they can't control the high fuel pressures.
Thanks, Chuck
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 PM

wow i cant believe they told you that because its supposed to be solenoid controlled on the lnf wich means all they have to do is properly scale the high pressure sensor and controll the pw to the solenoid. thats how we change the pressure in the hpt program, although its more detailed between a few more maps in hpt.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by chuckitt
Now we didn't use the bcm, Vince turned off everything in the ecm that had anything to do with the bcm. I new we had to make the GM ECM work because i had talked to most of the manufacturer's that make aftermarket controllers and they can't control the high fuel pressures.
Thanks, Chuck
Yea, haha, I found your old thread on LNF Performance Tech and I read it a long time ago but thought you guys still used the stock pcm since Vince was involved. Just wasn't sure if you used the bcm and disabled its functions or just did away with it completely. Now I know, lol
Old 10-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Hey Guys, when i started the thread on the LNF forum, a GM tech was going to help me do the wiring but that didn't happen. I started and finished the same thread on the gmsubcompac forum. I used a stock ecm and a stock engine wiring harness. We ordered a new body wiring harness to get the 58 pin connector from and the connectors for the fuel pump and throttle pedal. We also purchased the stage one kit. I purchased a set of service manuals so i could highlite the circuits i needed and bypassed the body control module. Vince sent me a tune that had all the functions of the body control module turned off. The first time we turned the key, it fired up but was running too rich. We sent a data log back to Vince and he sent me another tune and said the # 2 oO2 sensor had no power. We corrected the wiring and it ran perfect. The boat is in Alaska and has reached 25 lbs boost with the water temp at 182 Degrees. My customer has also had Vince send him a tune for his LSA engine.
We have started doing an LHU turbo 2011 buick Regal engine. We want to learn the Flex Fuel system. We are also doing a 2.4 LAF and have ordered an LLR 5 cylinder that should be hear by the end of the week or Monday.
We hope in the near furture to have all the componants to make up complete wiring harness for the Ecotecs to run standalone.
Thanks, Chuck
this is awesome news!! - now anyone can setup propose built track car w/o the BCM and pretty much reach for the low 9's or possible 8's.. with the BCM installed almost everything (Lighting, A/C, ABS, etc) needed to be in place in order for the ECM and the BCM to work together, but now everything nonessential in the car can be ripped out to save weight..

imagine the new 2012 Chevy Sonic (track prepped) with a built LNF or LHU in it.. similar to what Jason Whitfield did around 3-4 years ago with the 2008 Chevy Aveo "Green Monster"..

Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM

LAF 2.4 Startup

While we were working on the LHU, we got a customer for a LAF 2.4L. We had to get it running first. This is a 2010 Equinox engine hooked to a 2010 Caddy CTS ECM and wired using the 2011 Regal manuals. We also used the Fuel Flow Control Module and the GM Fuel Pump Module. We also used the Aeroforce Gauge. Here is the Link.
2010 Ecotec 2.4L VVT SIDI Standalone.mov - YouTube
Thanks, Chuck
Old 12-25-2011, 01:44 AM

While we were working on the LHU, we got a customer for a LAF 2.4L. We had to get it running first. This is a 2010 Equinox engine hooked to a 2010 Caddy CTS ECM and wired using the 2011 Regal manuals. We also used the Fuel Flow Control Module and the GM Fuel Pump Module. We also used the Aeroforce Gauge. Here is the Link.

Thanks, Chuck
Haha, FrankenEngine is bad ass!
Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Great work
Old 12-25-2011, 08:48 AM

We are trying to build a new belt drive using the standard shift bell housing. we are thinking we might want to put a clutch and pressure plate in it to disingauge the prop. I didn't want to buy new parts that we might not use. We just need used parts for mock-up. Does anyone have a worn out clutch and pressure plate we could get? I have a flywheel. If so, i could get UPS to pick it up.
Thanks, Chuck
Old 12-25-2011, 08:49 AM

Wow! Very neat!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:01 PM

Thanks, Chuck
Hey nice work on the boat!

I'm swapping one of these engines into my 82 Corolla and had a question.

What did you do with the fuel tank pressure sensor wire? Does this need 12V or ground to keep the ECM happy?

-J

Quick Reply: LNF ECM standalone unit