2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

LNF PCV Anti-coking drain back system

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
Crikey! And I was all over you Warren for using a hose with a clamp. It gets hotter down there than a rescued marooned marine in a cat house
wtf did you just say?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wangspeed
If you ask all nice like, John will make you a longer AN line, and give you the connector to make up for it.
^^^true, and I do have a couple of spare such hoses here...so np. Next time use a small tie wrap and a couple of piks/small screwdrivers to get it off. TIP: dont tug on it. Once the 4 stainless tangs are pushed back, it slides off like a drunk on a cheap date.

When can I pay and thank you for the extra hose, I appreciate that a lot!

Last edited by vahdyx; 11-08-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by vahdyx
Does anyone know the part number or what this is called so I can get a new one for this PCV Anit Coking part? If I understood correctly, I need a stock one to make it work right. As you can see I had to damage it to get it off. It took me hours to get this off.
Just in case you still need it.. Engine Crankcase Ventilation Tube 12606566
Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

When can I pay and thank you for the extra hose, I appreciate that a lot!
contact gloria@powellraceshop.com. I found a hose for you, I will assemble it into your kit so its a straight push on; pop/pop install. The turbo fitting can stay where it is, remove your hose and push on the new connector which will be installed on the hose ready.

we aare on the skid pad tomorrow, just got in right now, so wont process orders until Monday but you will have the parts next week. dont forget to specify the air inlet you have to her, you have K&N iirc.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 PM

contact gloria@powellraceshop.com. I found a hose for you, I will assemble it into your kit so its a straight push on; pop/pop install. The turbo fitting can stay where it is, remove your hose and push on the new connector which will be installed on the hose ready.

we aare on the skid pad tomorrow, just got in right now, so wont process orders until Monday but you will have the parts next week. dont forget to specify the air inlet you have to her, you have K&N iirc.
Okay cool, and I do indeed have a K&N SRI.

Thanks again for doing that. Much appreciation.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^^^true, and I do have a couple of spare such hoses here...so np. Next time use a small tie wrap and a couple of piks/small screwdrivers to get it off. TIP: dont tug on it. Once the 4 stainless tangs are pushed back, it slides off like a drunk on a cheap date.
I have a handfull of those lines and clips. Found out how hard they are to come by
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mongorat427
I have a handfull of those lines and clips. Found out how hard they are to come by
There's a screw on version and a clip on version. Not sure if there is clearance for the screw on type.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question,

our turbos are oil cooled and water cooled, correct?

where do they the oil from?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Crikey! And I was all over you Warren for using a hose with a clamp. It gets hotter down there than a rescued marooned marine in a cat house
hot coco, just shot out of nose.. LMFAO!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Sorry for the newbie questions....

but this should help minimize the valve gunk we LNF DI owners are doomed with?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 AM

So, question about this. First, Ive been following this, John, since you first mentioned it months ago and have been eagerly awaiting it's release.

My question is, how would someone like myself, that has an aftermarket turbo which does not have the breather return on the turbo, impliment this system? Currently, I vent the Valve cover return to Turbo to atmosphere since the turbo does not have the connector.

The reason I want to impliment this is because even with the aftermarket turbo, Id like to have the PCV system as close to stock as possible so that my VAC and all that is more stable and remains a closed system as intended. I have the K&N SRI btw.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:28 PM

I really hope I can install this myself lol. Should have mine next week. Ease of mind here I come.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:17 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I am getting mind install by the man himself in a couple of weeks. Just to throw another challenge for John to make it work on my ZZP S256. Bump for another great PRP..
Old 11-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cubaniche
So, question about this. First, Ive been following this, John, since you first mentioned it months ago and have been eagerly awaiting it's release.

My question is, how would someone like myself, that has an aftermarket turbo which does not have the breather return on the turbo, impliment this system? Currently, I vent the Valve cover return to Turbo to atmosphere since the turbo does not have the connector.

The reason I want to impliment this is because even with the aftermarket turbo, Id like to have the PCV system as close to stock as possible so that my VAC and all that is more stable and remains a closed system as intended. I have the K&N SRI btw.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
send me details of your turbo; email will work" john@powellraceshop.com. with pictures and who built the conversion, if its ZZP I can chat with them about it.

Thing is, its this: ( quoting yet another post I made before on this)

"The pcv orifice sizes (there is more than one ) are chosen to keep the crankcase pressure negative by a small amount under most operating conditions.
Under light load, the turbo inlet venturi effect is just enough to cause a depression and pull air through the crankcase from the fresh clean air duct tube. The check valve becomes an “orifice” to control depression.Under high load where the piston blow-by becomes significant, the fresh passage is stopped with a check valve. This is to prevent back flow. The venturi effect of the turbocharger inlet is sufficient to pull in 100% of the piston blow by, plus pull the crankcase pressure 2 to 3 kPa .
"
U really need this return to the turbo...
Old 11-09-2012, 08:41 PM

glad somebody took it upon themselves to add something to fix this issue that GM should have thought about when these cars were in production...great job Powell!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wangspeed
There's a screw on version and a clip on version. Not sure if there is clearance for the screw on type.
warren the bigrat is talking about the stock hoses, not my stuff. Russell are making a screw on version as a reusable one unit in about 3 weeks. in the meantime we will use the clip on as thats all they got in stock for the moment...

Jeff i will take some hoses and bottom connectors off you, vandyk just depleted my stock lol talk next week...
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chevy_tuner
Sorry for the newbie questions....

but this should help minimize the valve gunk we LNF DI owners are doomed with?
yup; follow gone in 10 secs LNF gunk thread, read this thread and the answer is there.
I am polite, so I wont say "duh" lol
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wol-shiver
question,

our turbos are oil cooled and water cooled, correct?

where do they the oil from?
Huh?

oil comes from the oil system in the motor. water comes from the coolant system of the motor.
excess oil vapor on the valves comes from excess vapor in the inlet tract.

Originally Posted by CobaltItaliano
glad somebody took it upon themselves to add something to fix this issue that GM should have thought about when these cars were in production...great job Powell!
grazie

Last edited by Powell Race Parts; 11-09-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2012, 02:29 PM

send me details of your turbo; email will work" john@powellraceshop.com. with pictures and who built the conversion, if its ZZP I can chat with them about it.
U really need this return to the turbo...
Got it. I will send detailed email as the BNR 2871 I have is used by many others as well.

Thanks John.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 PM

K04+ shouldn't be a problem I'm assuming!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
K04+ shouldn't be a problem I'm assuming!
Nope. Same housings.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 PM

Thank you for being polite

Now time to save for this!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I am getting mind's done this weekend. The first on a ZZP S256.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor

Yupper and Todd is a demon, did his own drill and tap into the turbo housing to make the job easier for us to install. Should be good. I am finishing up the "how to" for Vahdyx he got delayed by me, as I forgot to send him the stock hose... and installing a set on a Hahn K04 set up Friday, Todd's Saturday, Loki's check up to see how its working, and Steddy, Wangspeed and Slvrred get update kits... that covers it for now. Oh and the LSJ upgrade kit is coming along nicely...
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 AM

I'm excited, I just wish there was an easy way for a novice like myself to check out my valves.

Quick Reply: LNF PCV Anti-coking drain back system