2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Mod recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 09:07 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by cmeb4dk
Thanks for the replies everyone. I really appreciate it. I did plenty of searching, but most of the threads were several years old and I'm sure time has made you all wiser when it comes to different brands. I will definitely look into getting an HP Tune. I knew they were good, but I just wasn't sure who I could get to remote tune it for me. I'll contact kmo43 when I get the tuner. As of now, I'm thinking of an HP tune, K&N SRI, Injen hot side charge pipes, MPx intercooler, and ZZP downpipe. I was considering going catted due to inspections, but I may try to look for a local shop that will sweep that under the rug come inspection time. It would be 93 pump. What do you all think?
personally I dont think theres going to be much of a power difference between a high flow cat and catless dp. They are both waaay less restrictive than the stock twin Cats on a crush pressed downpipe.

As such, you will definitely make over 300 whp with either dp.
The following users liked this post:
cmeb4dk (12-23-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by cmeb4dk
Also, in regards to the ZZP downpipe, if I go catless, which style do I want? No o2 bung, o2 bung or angled o2 bung? And will I have any problems with this exhaust connecting to the stock catback?
You want the angled O_2 bung to prevent CELs for emissions.

keeps the sensor directly out of the way of the exhaust gases but still reads them. The sensors trip when they are in direct line of the exhaust flow. At least thats what ive seen and why the angled bung was developed for DPs.
cmeb4dk (12-23-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 01:21 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Leave the SS stock so you'll appreciate the C6 more

Seriously though, last thing you want is your DD breaking from a ill-placed mod. Keep the torque down on a conservative tune from a reputable tuner.
cmeb4dk (12-23-2016)