2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

LHU Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHU Swap

I have decided that rebuilding my engine is not worth the risk, and will be swapping in an LHU from a wrecked Buick Verano instead.

On the LHU, the injectors are the larger E85 opel injectors and it has a tad higher compression ratio. Presumably I will need a retune but would I be able to use my LNF's HP Tune, or the stock tune temporarily?

Does anybody have tips on pulling the motor out? I will be working in a single-wide garage with jacks and jackstands.

I would like to have a chat with you, if you have done this (or an LDK) swap before. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:07 AM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
drop the motor out the bottom. Did mine in 3 days. A little bit each day. I used two jack stands and motor cycle jack to wheel the drivetrain assembly out.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
I second going through the bottom. I did mine with a floor jack on each side, rear tires on the ground as a pivot point, and two low profile 4-wheel carts to slide the engine out the side. I didn't do it but if you remove the whole strut assembly on the side you want to slide the engine out of it will give you more clearance so you don't have to get the front end as high to clear.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
If they salt the roads in Toronto and it's been driven on salted roads (or you aren't sure if the previous owner did or not), get the car in the air and start spraying penetrating oil on the subframe bolts/nuts.

Take lots of pictures and get some zip-loc baggies and a sharpie to note where what bolts came from.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Do it from the bottom like they said. I took copious notes on the order I removed stuff. I labeled plugs with tape and sharpie.

I would think the worst thing that would happen if the injectors are larger would be you run rich and have high trims. I'm trying to think if there's a way to adjust for the injector size other than calibrate the MAF (I'm quite new to HPT).
Old 12-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by exninja
Do it from the bottom like they said. I took copious notes on the order I removed stuff. I labeled plugs with tape and sharpie.

I would think the worst thing that would happen if the injectors are larger would be you run rich and have high trims. I'm trying to think if there's a way to adjust for the injector size other than calibrate the MAF (I'm quite new to HPT).
There is a injector constant that can be adjusted. Skewing the maf can affect other things.
The following users liked this post:
exninja (12-04-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk
If they salt the roads in Toronto and it's been driven on salted roads (or you aren't sure if the previous owner did or not), get the car in the air and start spraying penetrating oil on the subframe bolts/nuts.

Take lots of pictures and get some zip-loc baggies and a sharpie to note where what bolts came from.
I took my sub frame out last year for a clutch job without issue. Should be ok this year. Breaker bar ftw.