2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Idle problem CURE!!!!!!!! Finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Immortal Technique
Mine still does it : \ I cleaned the TB and everything
Clean the MAF sensor as well. That might help with it. What problem are you still having, bouncy idle?
Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 AM

I tried cleaning the MAF also with the cleaner for it, but yes still bouncy idle.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:27 PM

still going strong on this clean out issue. Last year around this time the car would start having this issue. This year nothing. Very good thread.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 AM

I occasionally have this problem but I only have 14k miles....should I still clean out the TB?
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 AM

yes.. give it a shot!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Angel
Well well, I am the guy who started this thread and I have to say that I am extremely excited about how many people this has helped so far but I am now experiencing another problem. I recently had an aftermarket "Centerforce dual compression clutch and flywheel" installed on the car and now the problem is back 100%. It is however slightly different now. Whenever I leave my car sitting overnight outside my house for example and go to start it in the morning my idle jumps like crazy again and then the car stalls. Normally the car will stall 2-3 times and then finally start and run but when the temperature gets colder like it is starting too this time of the year the problem is getting worse and worse with the weather. The other day it was -10 degrees Celcius and the car took 8 attempts to start before it would run on its own. I am baffled because I had spent the time cleaning the TB again for the 3rd time and I have an oil catch tank also installed. No codes are tripping from the Tech tool from GM and everything is showing normal. The car was left at the GM dealership the other day and the head tech left it outside to see the problem for himself and did all the testing but nothing is showing up, he says that he cant start replacing things on the car to see because its against GM's rules so he needs some definitive facts that something is wrong before he can go ahead and start replacing something. I am soo frustrated that my only opinion on this matter would be that mabye the actual physical mechanical part of the TB is troubled and not showing up on his tool because mabye all the sensors are fine. I will keep you guys posted if anything comes up that might help......
I just started having this problem also.......as soon as it started to get cold out.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:43 AM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Don't forget to clean the SCIP sensor (the one on top of the blower) as well as the MAF.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:44 AM

Anything else that can cause idle problems or no?? I'm gonna clean the TB and sensors and hopefully it will fix it tho...
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 PM

do u think electronic cleaner would work to clean out the tb and maf sensor?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 PM

Use Throttle body or carb cleaner and MAF sensor cleaner for the MAF sensor...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM

no.. do not use that for the tb... maybe the maf, but i woudlnt try it... just to be safe, get the right stuff....
Old 11-18-2008, 01:28 PM

aight...i just figured if it was sensitive enough for electronics it couldn't hurt the tb. but i will take ur alls advice
Old 11-20-2008, 02:21 PM

So is that what makes a click when you put it in gear sometimes? I was confused... I took mine to chevy and they adjusted the idle stability and never have had a problem since.

Originally Posted by JohnnySasakiMGS
Why why why why why the **** are these cars having so many drivability problems? My axles have been changed twice now and they are still clicking. WTF?!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:02 AM

I did actually recently replace my MAFS with the JET performance sensor hoping that mabye this would help my problem but not so lucky. On the upside, I gained a few more horse. This JET sensor actually enables my Injen intake to open up about 45% more so I am running alot more stoich now and I can feel the gain when Im driving. Anyhow, back to the reason I started this thread..lol... When I had initially posted it I had fixed my problem but since then the problems I am encountering now arent related to the TB being clogged up because its spot free and I have an oil catch tank installed now but I have had an aftermarket dual compression clutch and lightweight aluminum flywheel installed as well as the valve cover and supercharger had been sent in to get polished. Ever since I got the cover and supercharger back and reinstalled this and had the clutch and flywheel done then this problem came back full force. Same type of problem as when the TB was clogged up. The car actually starts and dies several times in the mornings after sitting through the night and the problem is worse the colder it is outside. Also, when driving and coming up to a stop sign for instance and my foot has the clutch depressed and no gas then the idle is bouncing down and up, and ocassionally stalls the car. Im running out of ideas here but if this problem is somehow air/fuel related which I would assume it is I actually just ordered up the APEXi AFC NEO programmer which actually has a 16 point fuel correction on it. I am hoping by being able to actually tune in the air fuel ratio @ specific 500 interval RPM's that mabye just mabye this may fix the issue I am experiencing. Anyhow, I will keep you guys posted. I have a bad feeling Im on my own with this problem like the first one. Wish me luck!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 PM

i was wondering what the problem with my car was. i took off the tb that wasnt really cruddy to begin with cleaned it and its like a brand new car
Old 11-30-2008, 04:11 PM

just did this to mine, completely fixed the idle problem!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:46 PM

well i did it, and it didn't fix the problem...also cleand maf and the sensor on top of the sc.
no luck...not sure wtf....
very annoying though...
mine idled up to 2k the other night when I pulled into a driveway...
and tried to die every now and then....
and the idle jumps back and forth...fkn sux
i wonder if there is any way it could have to do with the filter...
when I bought my car it had a pos filter on there and I was getting a cel...changed the filter out to a AEM dry flow...no more cel...but well who knows....there has to be a true fix for this...

Last edited by Sh0nuff; 12-01-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 PM

I did the magic and it worked to clear the rough idle but not the idle stays high like it doesnt seem to want to drop even in gear I let off and it keeps at the same rpm for about 5 secounds
Old 12-02-2008, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by WesleySS05
I did the magic and it worked to clear the rough idle but not the idle stays high like it doesnt seem to want to drop even in gear I let off and it keeps at the same rpm for about 5 secounds
mine did that to, give it some time and it will start dropping quicker, it did on mine anyways.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WesleySS05
Originally Posted by red06s/c
mine did that to, give it some time and it will start dropping quicker, it did on mine anyways.
Everyone forgets that when they first bought the car it used to idle high especially while still moving. It is just that as the TB got gunked up and the idle didn't hold right anymore which is what causes the rough idle in the first place. You have probably been driving the car with the TB gunked up for so long you just forgot how it idled when it was new, that is considering you bought the car new. If you bought the car used it may have never idled correctly since you bought it.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by rnjmur
Everyone forgets that when they first bought the car it used to idle high especially while still moving. It is just that as the TB got gunked up and the idle didn't hold right anymore which is what causes the rough idle in the first place. You have probably been driving the car with the TB gunked up for so long you just forgot how it idled when it was new, that is considering you bought the car new. If you bought the car used it may have never idled correctly since you bought it.
lol u are right, my dad said it did that but i really dont remember it lol.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Im going crazy. I was soo happy that I helped out a bunch of you guys including myself with this problem but Im stuck now. I dont know whats happening with my car now. When I start it in the morning it starts and idles rough and dies really quickly and this happens several times before it will stay running. The colder it is outside the more attempts to finally start. This only happens once the car has sat outside overnight. Since I figure out the initial fix of the idle problem when I started this thread I had it parked for a long time(like a month+) and had the supercharger and valve cover polished so the engine was exposed and just covered with some plastic. Also right before that I had a performance Centerforce clutch and aluminum flywheel installed into the car. Once I reasemmbled everything I starter noticing this problem. Also the idle isnt good when driving when I come up to a stop sign for instance not in gear it dips and almost stalls. Im going nuts trying to figure this out but something came to mind lately and I think that mabye theres a possibility that the cat might be plugged because the car runs fairly rich. I have ordered a new downpipe with a new cat on it so when I get that and slam it in the car mabye I will notice a difference. I will keep you guys posted but if anyone out there may have any ideas please let me know.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by rnjmur
Haha yea i bought it used and it has always had a rough idle especially after i put the injen on. I kinda had a feeling that it was just supposed to run like that but i didnt know. Thanks and good looking out
Old 12-04-2008, 07:00 PM

shouldnt it throw a code if the cat is clogged?
my car is runnin ruff as **** now too....
Old 12-04-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Angel
Im going crazy. I was soo happy that I helped out a bunch of you guys including myself with this problem but Im stuck now. I dont know whats happening with my car now. When I start it in the morning it starts and idles rough and dies really quickly and this happens several times before it will stay running. The colder it is outside the more attempts to finally start. This only happens once the car has sat outside overnight. Since I figure out the initial fix of the idle problem when I started this thread I had it parked for a long time(like a month+) and had the supercharger and valve cover polished so the engine was exposed and just covered with some plastic. Also right before that I had a performance Centerforce clutch and aluminum flywheel installed into the car. Once I reasemmbled everything I starter noticing this problem. Also the idle isnt good when driving when I come up to a stop sign for instance not in gear it dips and almost stalls. Im going nuts trying to figure this out but something came to mind lately and I think that mabye theres a possibility that the cat might be plugged because the car runs fairly rich. I have ordered a new downpipe with a new cat on it so when I get that and slam it in the car mabye I will notice a difference. I will keep you guys posted but if anyone out there may have any ideas please let me know.
The lighter weight aluminum flywheel doesn't have as much rotating mass, and I could see it causing an idle problem. Bob

Quick Reply: Idle problem CURE!!!!!!!! Finally!!