2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Long time no see. Questions on GM Stage 3 PCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Long time no see. Questions on GM Stage 3 PCM

It's been a really long time since I have been on here, and I wanted to check in and see what's been going on when it comes to LSJs. I'm sure most everyone her probably doesn't remember me, but I do see some familiar faces are still here such as Satged07SS (who has provided me lots of good advice). Anyways, I have my 05 Red Line that has been sitting in my garage collecting dust, and now that I have a little free time I want to get back into playing with the car since it's a blast to drive around.

Before the car went into hibernation, I was wanting to take a GM Stage 3 PCM I have and let Trifecta re-enable the A/C functionality on it. Trifecta was in the beginning stages back then, and could not give me a solid timeline once they could do this for me. So I said F-it, and didn't bother. I was looking around, and I see that Trifecta no longer supports the LSJs, which sucks. Is there anyone out there now that could enable air conditioning on my GM Stage 3 PCM without overwriting it?

Anyways, I see that ZZP is still around for the LSJ? Any other newcomers that offer good products for the LSJs? What about Powell, are they still around?
Old 04-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
There is a thread on here from a long long time ago, where a guy figured out how to wire the a/c to work with GMRS3.

I'll see if I can find it for u.

To unlock it via PCM u would need to dig deep and find the code embedded that has it disabled.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Do you have HP tuners cables?

If so, read all on it and email me the file. I will see if it is disabled the way I think it is and if it is, I can turn it back on.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by blueLNFftw

If so, read all on it and email me the file. I will see if it is disabled the way I think it is and if it is, I can turn it back on.
Will u be able to unlock a locked PCM?

GMRS3 is a locked PCM. You will be able to read it, but not sure about being able to edit.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
There is a thread on here from a long long time ago, where a guy figured out how to wire the a/c to work with GMRS3.

I'll see if I can find it for u.

To unlock it via PCM u would need to dig deep and find the code embedded that has it disabled.
If you find it let me know, hopefully it doesn't involve cutting up too much in order for it to work.

I sure don't.

If you think it's possible to read and unlock the AC, I'll have to invest in getting a cable. I haven't hooked up the PCM due to the fact that the AC will not work, no AC in the summertime in TN = No bueno.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Its not that bad without AC in TN. Just gotta keep moving haha
Old 04-20-2016, 11:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 05RLS2
If you find it let me know, hopefully it doesn't involve cutting up too much in order for it to work.

I sure don't.

If you think it's possible to read and unlock the AC, I'll have to invest in getting a cable. I haven't hooked up the PCM due to the fact that the AC will not work, no AC in the summertime in TN = No bueno.
I have AC unlocked and hardly ever use it.

It's nice to have on 90-100 degree days, but they are few and far between in PA, Lol.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:33 PM

I have AC unlocked and hardly ever use it.

It's nice to have on 90-100 degree days, but they are few and far between in PA, Lol.
Wait, you have the GMR Stage 3 PCM and unlocked AC? How did you get it to work? Inquiring minds would love to know lol.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:34 PM

Wait, you have the GMR Stage 3 PCM and unlocked AC? How did you get it to work? Inquiring minds would love to know lol.
I think he had Trifecta do it long ago.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:35 PM

Will u be able to unlock a locked PCM?

GMRS3 is a locked PCM. You will be able to read it, but not sure about being able to edit.
Even if it is locked, but can be read, I could sit there and go through it table by table and create a new tune file for it. A clone that has AC if you will.
The following users liked this post:
Staged07SS (04-20-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Even if it is locked, but can be read, I could sit there and go through it table by table and create a new tune file for it. A clone that has AC if you will.
Let me know how u make out.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
You still wouldnt have adjustable rev limiter, HOM, and nitrous feature tho
Old 04-20-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
You still wouldnt have adjustable rev limiter, HOM, and nitrous feature tho
Oh yea; true, I forgot about those...
Old 04-20-2016, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Oh yea; true, I forgot about those...
Those are what make it a worth while setup...
Old 05-16-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Any updates? I swear I commented in a Stage 3 w/ ac thread years ago but cannot find it. Looking again for more info on stage 3...although my project won't have AC
Old 05-16-2016, 02:36 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

There is a S3 thread from back in 2007 with an engineer from GM who wired AC to work on a GMR S3 PCM. I haven't had time to really search for it, but it does exist on here somewhere.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:43 PM

Does anyone know if the GM Stage 3 PCM is plug an play, or do I have to take it to the dealer for a case learn reflash, etc, or anything else to work with my vehicle. Of course the PCM is specific for my model year. Just curious, because if I have to fool with that I will probably just sell it off.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
as long as you have the 42lb injectors and a s2/s3/similiar pulley, it just unplug the old and plug in the new, set you rev limiter and your good to go
Old 05-27-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thread about GM Stage3 + AC:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...age-3-c-76479/

I had it for a while... It was OK at first, then it became a bit of a hassle to remember to turn the switch off every time I turn the engine off. There is way around this, but I could not get anybody to do it for me. If you can find a good mechanic they can probably work around it and install a proper solution.
The following users liked this post:
Staged07SS (06-01-2016)
Old 05-28-2016, 08:34 AM

You can use a momentary switch that defaults to off when power is cut. It would always shut off when you turned off the car then.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Does anyone know if the GM Stage 3 PCM is plug an play, or do I have to take it to the dealer for a case learn reflash, etc, or anything else to work with my vehicle. Of course the PCM is specific for my model year. Just curious, because if I have to fool with that I will probably just sell it off.
Plug and play.

Originally Posted by Degashoot
The thread about GM Stage3 + AC:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...age-3-c-76479/

I had it for a while... It was OK at first, then it became a bit of a hassle to remember to turn the switch off every time I turn the engine off. There is way around this, but I could not get anybody to do it for me. If you can find a good mechanic they can probably work around it and install a proper solution.
^This was the thread and member I was referring to.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have one of the original computers that GM engineers used to develop the GM Stage 3 tune. In fact, it was my computer that was sent to Trifecta, and then cloned for their purposes. I don't know much about why it was different than other Stage 3 computers, but it was accessible when others were not. Unfortunately, my computer also has the AC disabled. I would be willing to lend my GM Stage 3 computer to someone with the right software, in exchange for re-enabling the AC. I don't come on here often, so send me a message.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:45 AM

Wow am I glad to see this thread!!! Well guys I've been running a full GMS3 car for years now and suffering in the blasted summer heat for years now lol just to run race gas and enjoy the other features! I'd love for a way to have AC..now I have heard of rigging a switch to turn on the compressor since I'm guessing the ECU disables it from activating..also I still have my stage 2 ecu and could put that back in or could I have it flashed since it's not locked like my current stage 3 ecu in the car? Thanks!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by beast124
Wow am I glad to see this thread!!! Well guys I've been running a full GMS3 car for years now and suffering in the blasted summer heat for years now lol just to run race gas and enjoy the other features! I'd love for a way to have AC..now I have heard of rigging a switch to turn on the compressor since I'm guessing the ECU disables it from activating..also I still have my stage 2 ecu and could put that back in or could I have it flashed since it's not locked like my current stage 3 ecu in the car? Thanks!
You can flash the GMRS3 PCM.... It's locked for adjustments, but a full rewrite or flash is still possible.

Here's how it went for me since I was the 1st 07' to receive the A/C unlocked feature.

I sent Pyros777 my GMRS3 PCM, he flashed the unlocked version of the GMRS3 tune from an actual GM engineer onto my PCM. My PCM now contains the VIN of my car as it is specific to my vehicle now (GMRS3 PCM's contain no VIN to keep them plug and play w/o relearns). No other adjustments were made to the tune or any other parameters. Trifecta also used to offer the ability to leave the tune unlocked for personalized tuning, or you could have opted for a GMRS3 Trifecta tune. It contained the great GMRS3 features, but you could run any sort of injector or setup you desired. Sadly, I don't think Trifecta offers this, but you can contact BNR (bad news racing) to see if they might be able to help.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 AM

You can flash the GMRS3 PCM.... It's locked for adjustments, but a full rewrite or flash is still possible. Here's how it went for me since I was the 1st 07' to receive the A/C unlocked feature. I sent Pyros777 my GMRS3 PCM, he flashed the unlocked version of the GMRS3 tune from an actual GM engineer onto my PCM. My PCM now contains the VIN of my car as it is specific to my vehicle now (GMRS3 PCM's contain no VIN to keep them plug and play w/o relearns). No other adjustments were made to the tune or any other parameters. Trifecta also used to offer the ability to leave the tune unlocked for personalized tuning, or you could have opted for a GMRS3 Trifecta tune. It contained the great GMRS3 features, but you could run any sort of injector or setup you desired. Sadly, I don't think Trifecta offers this, but you can contact BNR (bad news racing) to see if they might be able to help.
Ah thanks Jeff!! I'll have to look into this for sure! I'd love to have my AC back after all these years lol..I just mainly like to run race gas is all and have the original ecu sitting right here too..I remember reading before they could customize the stage 3 tune in even HOM they claimed and was gonna see if they could give me more timing for more octane or something..but that's out so I'll check BNR for sure 👍

Quick Reply: Long time no see. Questions on GM Stage 3 PCM