2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Long time no see. Questions on GM Stage 3 PCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by beast124
Ah thanks Jeff!! I'll have to look into this for sure! I'd love to have my AC back after all these years lol..I just mainly like to run race gas is all and have the original ecu sitting right here too..I remember reading before they could customize the stage 3 tune in even HOM they claimed and was gonna see if they could give me more timing for more octane or something..but that's out so I'll check BNR for sure 👍
You're welcome man!

Also, def no need to adjust H.O.M. timing. It's already aggressive at 26-27 degrees.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Staged07SS
You can flash the GMRS3 PCM.... It's locked for adjustments, but a full rewrite or flash is still possible.

Here's how it went for me since I was the 1st 07' to receive the A/C unlocked feature.

I sent Pyros777 my GMRS3 PCM, he flashed the unlocked version of the GMRS3 tune from an actual GM engineer onto my PCM. My PCM now contains the VIN of my car as it is specific to my vehicle now (GMRS3 PCM's contain no VIN to keep them plug and play w/o relearns). No other adjustments were made to the tune or any other parameters. Trifecta also used to offer the ability to leave the tune unlocked for personalized tuning, or you could have opted for a GMRS3 Trifecta tune. It contained the great GMRS3 features, but you could run any sort of injector or setup you desired. Sadly, I don't think Trifecta offers this, but you can contact BNR (bad news racing) to see if they might be able to help.
Pyros777 sold me the PCM that you mentioned above before I allowed it to be sent to Trifecta for cloning. Small world.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:12 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Micro
Pyros777 sold me the PCM that you mentioned above before I allowed it to be sent to Trifecta for cloning. Small world.
Sure is, Lol.

Thank you for doing that by the way.
The following users liked this post:
Micro (12-21-2023)
Old 06-12-2016, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're welcome man! Also, def no need to adjust H.O.M. timing. It's already aggressive at 26-27 degrees.
Yes good point lol I get a little carried away..this thing has been in high octane mode for over a week now 😁..can't wait to solve the AC issue
Old 06-13-2016, 07:10 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Yes good point lol I get a little carried away..this thing has been in high octane mode for over a week now 😁..can't wait to solve the AC issue
I only put race gas in my car once or twice a year for some fun, dyno day, and when I get bored with the 93 tune. $55 for a 5 gallon can of VP 109 race gas gets pricey after a while.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:55 PM

I only put race gas in my car once or twice a year for some fun, dyno day, and when I get bored with the 93 tune. $55 for a 5 gallon can of VP 109 race gas gets pricey after a while.
Yeah man it sure does 😔..it's just a lot of fun..also I was able to keep HOM with some of that NOS octane booster..I've never been big on these believe me but give me a cheaper option..yeah the 93 tune still is good..just wanna pully down still 👍..not sure if u saw the pic but I got crossed drilled and slotted rotors
Old 06-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Yeah man it sure does 😔..it's just a lot of fun..also I was able to keep HOM with some of that NOS octane booster..I've never been big on these believe me but give me a cheaper option..yeah the 93 tune still is good..just wanna pully down still 👍..not sure if u saw the pic but I got crossed drilled and slotted rotors
Yeah, I don't think those octane boosters would be enough to hold HOM on with my setup, plus I don't like the deposits they leave on your plugs.

I did not see your photo, where did u post it?
Old 06-16-2016, 06:49 PM

Yeah, I don't think those octane boosters would be enough to hold HOM on with my setup, plus I don't like the deposits they leave on your plugs. I did not see your photo, where did u post it?
Me neither honestly..I generally stick with the Sunoco race gas to be on the safe side and hadn't gotten deposits from the NOS brand in the past..now some of the other ones that's a different story lol..I posted the pics on Facebook..also I still have the same old injen intake on there. A while ago I was talking to u about the reduced boost etc I was getting nowadays and it turned to help when I took my hydroshield off mainly..then I noticed the filter was dirty so I initially bought a crappy spectre till I got the injen cleaned and ran good until it fell off 😡..now I've got a decently sized KN on there and have been beating myself up over which filter to use for maximum flow(I know stock air box mod being best and it's coming one of these days)..the car has been running great in both modes 👍
Old 09-26-2022, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Micro
I have one of the original computers that GM engineers used to develop the GM Stage 3 tune. In fact, it was my computer that was sent to Trifecta, and then cloned for their purposes. I don't know much about why it was different than other Stage 3 computers, but it was accessible when others were not. Unfortunately, my computer also has the AC disabled. I would be willing to lend my GM Stage 3 computer to someone with the right software, in exchange for re-enabling the AC. I don't come on here often, so send me a message.
hey Micro..
I sent you a message
Old 09-26-2022, 08:28 PM

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Just so you know this thread is over 6 years old.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:15 AM

It was OK at first, then it became a bit of a hassle to remember to turn the switch off every time I turn the engine off. There is way around this, but I could not get anybody to do it for me.

Last edited by martin231_day; 12-06-2022 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RLS2
It's been a really long time since I have been on here, and I wanted to check in and see what's been going on when it comes to LSJs. I'm sure most everyone her probably doesn't remember me, but I do see some familiar faces are still here such as Satged07SS (who has provided me lots of good advice). Anyways, I have my 05 Red Line that has been sitting in my garage collecting dust, and now that I have a little free time I want to get back into playing with the car since it's a blast to drive around.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Before the car went into hibernation, I was wanting to take a GM Stage 3 PCM I have and let Trifecta re-enable the A/C functionality on it. Trifecta was in the beginning stages back then, and could not give me a solid timeline once they could do this for me. So I said F-it, and didn't bother. I was looking around, and I see that Trifecta no longer supports the LSJs, which sucks. Is there anyone out there now that could enable air conditioning on my GM Stage 3 PCM without overwriting it?

Anyways, I see that ZZP is still around for the LSJ? Any other newcomers that offer good products for the LSJs? What about Powell, are they still around?
I could sit there and go through it table by table and create a new tune file for it. A clone that has AC if you will.

Last edited by annamartino; 01-18-2023 at 12:46 PM.