2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Lsj rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help from expierenced owners

Hi guys new member here. I need some basic knowledge I'm having trouble finding elsewhere. I got a '07 cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L LSJ. I had my oil cooler replaced (yeah nightmare i know), The guys didn't diagnose it right the first time, said it was a blown head gasket.

1. So does a sleeved aluminum block need to have the deck CNC'd to re level it when replacing a head gasket? If not I got even more hosed than I thought.

2. I need to know if should even think of trying to have the blocked rebuilt or just swap it out. My oil pan was cracked and no one noticed. After 10 weeks and $2000 dollar?! I took the car back..... And the engine seized up when the oil dumped two days latter.

AND no there is no legal action I can take, they performed all the work they where contracted to. I also can't prove it was their fault.

I don't know what the next step would be. I was hoping i might be able to replace the o-rings and valves and not have to replace the block. If i can't just do that and need to swap out the whole engine i don't know who to trust or how much it should cost.

Any help would be appreciated.