2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Murdered SS Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks been trying to get it up and running. Glad to have it back once the tune is good I will go get it registered it expired when it was in the shop. Also have to install dual pillar and interceptor gauges.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking good man. Glad all is going smooth so far
Old 06-13-2016, 08:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yea thanks Cman.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know it's been a long time since I updated this build thread. Long story short cobalt is down right now. The shop I had install the motor messed a bunch of things up and needless to say we got into it. Thing got messy with them. The motor now has fried piston ring and a lot of oil in spark plugs and piston.They shop blames the tune but I think it was the shop took the car out for a joy ride and messed it up here is why.

After they installed the motor everything was better. Car felt ok but not the same still. I had zzp help me with the tune. Shout out to them they have been very helpful. The oil light and the coolant lights kept turning on but all level were correct and full. I was very confused about what was Up with the car just trying to work out the bugs. So I was going on vacation I dropped off the car at the shop again so they can change out the oil and coolant sensor cause I thought that was it. When I was on vacation the guy texted and called me said the sensor were installed and all good now. That they took the car out and drove it that's what the guy told me.

So after I got back I picked up the when I picked it up I was so excited to get it back my mom took me and followed me back to my house since the cars registration just had expired. when we got home I noticed that the car was blowing out smoke and my mom also told me that it was. So I called the shop and told them. So I thought it might have been the tune. Got with zzp and data logged a lot trying to figure it out. Car was never correct.

I put maybe 500miles on this motor all highway driving cause I was trying to get the car to cycle so it would pass smog so I can register it. The smoke just kept getting worst kept thinking it was something with the tune. Right now it's on straight E85 and it passed smog as soon as I switched but still smokes. Took it back to the shop they said fried piston ring and that it was the tune.

We kept going back and forth nothing got fixed I took the car back and told them I wasn't paying for a messed up car. They had the company that they got he motor from come check it cause the motor had a 1 year warranty. They denied the warranty cause my car wasn't stock but I told them my car wasn't stock when I got the motor from them it has never really been stock. That where it all end and the car has been sitting for like 6 months.

Recently I got good news I saw one of my cousins recently that I haven't seen in a longtime. He into the car scene like myself so we were bullshitting about cars and everything. Started talking about the Balt he said he had a friend that worked at a parts place that gets all car parts. That they warranty all there trans,motors and what not. He said that he has bought motors from this shop and there all certifiedi. I asked him what the shops name is he told me it was the same place where the other shop got the motor for the Balt from. I asked him what his friend does he said he is the one in charge of the warranties. I told him the whole story of what happened he said he was going to talk to his friend.

So yesterday I receive a text my cousin talked to his friend. He said his friend will warranty the motor and exchange it for a new one. So the Balt is going to be back in business. I'm going over there to talk to him tomorrow. I very excited to get her back up and running. Sorry for the long rant but just super excited. I will keep everyone updated and what happens tomorrow. Thanks
Old 02-08-2017, 08:31 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Ahhhh I wouldn't go back to the shop again with the new motor.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yea I don't want to either but if it's the only way I get the warranty on the motor I'm going to have to. I'm hoping that's not the case though.