Forum Jump Gallery Social Groups vBLive Garage Register Now Videos Link To Us Store Site Map TSBs
Cobalt SS Network Forums
The Cobalt SS Network is the leading resource for all Chevy Cobalts and related Delta
platform cars. Registered users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Vendor Forums

Go Back   Cobalt SS Network > Engine Technical Discussion > 2.0L LSJ Performance Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Home Regional All Albums   FAQ Members List
2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque
Technical Discussions ONLY!

Random misfire and misfire in cylinder 3

This is a discussion on Random misfire and misfire in cylinder 3 within the 2.0L LSJ Performance Tech forums, part of the Engine Technical Discussion category; I have a 2007 cobalt with a cold air intake a stage 3 kit from cobalt addiction (2.7" pully, 60lbs ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #1

Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14
Level up: 28%, 72 Points needed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Member #: 21633
Send a message via AIM to tbellazzi Send a message via Yahoo to tbellazzi
Check out my gallery 

Random misfire and misfire in cylinder 3

I have a 2007 cobalt with a cold air intake a stage 3 kit from cobalt addiction (2.7" pully, 60lbs injectors, 2 step colder spark plugs, a vibrant headers downpipe high performance cat combo and a GMPP cat back exhaust.

My issue started a few months ago when I would get a random cylinder misfire and a P0420 code, Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). I just thought that the random misfire was caused by the P0420 code being thrown, but more recently I have been throwing a P0303 code which is a cylinder 3 misfire. I noticed this code when I went to get gas and after filling up, 93 octane always, my car started reved high and then went low and stalled.

I have checked all my spark plugs and they were all fine, but ended up checking them to be safe. Next I checked my cold air intake for any holes causing unwanted air. I still need to check my fuel injectors and if that doesn't work possibly change out the cat (thinking that may be bad)

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem like this before? I haven't been driving the car as fear that I am messing it up more. I don't want to take it for a compression test, just afraid that my 3rd cylinder won't have any compression and then i'll have the pleasure of buying a new engine.

Please let me know if anyone can offer any advise/assistance with this one.
tbellazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:00 PM
CobaltSS
Chevy Cobalt

Paid Advertisement

Tags
stage