2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

question on stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question on stage 2

i just got my stage 2 kit put in and it doesnt redline at 7000 but 6500 why? and my cheek engine light is on!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did they by chance flash the updated tune for stage 2?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by whodis
did they by chance flash the updated tune for stage 2?
i dont think so because it is lower on power then before i had the stage 2 on and i even have a 2.9 nate pully
Old 08-10-2007, 04:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
take it back to the dealer and smack them upside the head
and tell them to reflash it like you paid them to do in the first place
Old 08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by an0malous
take it back to the dealer and smack them upside the head
and tell them to reflash it like you paid them to do in the first place
teh winna!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:10 PM

i called them and they said that they did reflash it but right now it sucks!! b/c it has no power at all!! and around 80 mph it acts like it isnt getting any fuel!! b/c its 80 miles to my dealership
Old 08-10-2007, 10:31 PM

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE STAGE 2 FLASH

this has happend to several people, including me. gm dealers are using a new system or something where they just get a flash off the computer and pick the most recent one. THEY CANT DO IT THIS WAY, THEY MUST CALL THE TECH LINE, AND GIVE THEM YOUR AUTHORIZATION CODE AND THE TECH LINE WILL GIVE THEM A VCI #.

this is very important, if they dont do it this way you will just get an updated flash for a non stage 2 car.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:33 PM

i would stop boosting... call the dealer and get the flash
Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by SuperSlow07
YOU DO NOT HAVE THE STAGE 2 FLASH

this has happend to several people, including me. gm dealers are using a new system or something where they just get a flash off the computer and pick the most recent one. THEY CANT DO IT THIS WAY, THEY MUST CALL THE TECH LINE, AND GIVE THEM YOUR AUTHORIZATION CODE AND THE TECH LINE WILL GIVE THEM A VCI #.

this is very important, if they dont do it this way you will just get an updated flash for a non stage 2 car.

Yep, and it's really not good to be running a stock tune on stage 2 with a 2.9 pulley. Call them ASAP and quit running the car until you get it flashed.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:40 AM

BIG QUESTION:::: did you get your paperwork back from them????
if not GOOD LUCK getting the flash done.
My dealership did the same damn thing to me. Gave it some bullshit flash that they thought was the Stage2 flash.. and THREW AWAY THE PAPERWORK.
They even called the Chevy Tech line and they said they cant do anything without that Code on the paperwork. The tech even told them what happened.. No Dice.. Had the Service manager call everyone and still nothing.. They are still trying to work on it.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Brian's07SS
My dealership did the same damn thing to me. Gave it some bullshit flash that they thought was the Stage2 flash.. and THREW AWAY THE PAPERWORK.
They even called the Chevy Tech line and they said they cant do anything without that Code on the paperwork. The tech even told them what happened.. No Dice.. Had the Service manager call everyone and still nothing.. They are still trying to work on it.

GAH!! boy am i glad i did a custom set up instead of stage 2. with my 2.8 pulley, 60# injectors and awesome black06 tune i have more HP and i didnt have to worry about the dealership screwing up
Old 08-11-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont have to worry about that pesky warranty either
Old 08-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

i would get your ass to the dealership before you blow your motor
Old 08-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
dont have to worry about that pesky warranty either
Warranty is up to the discretion of the dealership. They can jerk you around as they see fit...I have experienced this firsthand. And GM HQ will side with the dealer as "they are our eyes and ears" to quote a phrase I was told. Specualtion is not always right.
This is my first GM vehicle and my last. /end of rant/
Old 08-11-2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Brian's07SS
this is what really pisses me off most!! b/c when i dropped my car off i told them that im a member of this site and many people have had proplems like this so i told them like three times to make sure they call the tech line!! man they really listen huh! well i droped my car off today and told them that they better still have the paper work b/c they have to have that number and he was just telling me that they did it right and that all then need is my vin # and they will be able to get it worked out i was mad and told him that they needed those papers but he is still trying to tell me they did everything right! on top of that this is my third time to have my car in the shop in the last 3 weeks the thing i droped it off for in the first place is still not done!! these guys are really starting to **** me off!!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by craigk_c19
this is what really pisses me off most!! b/c when i dropped my car off i told them that im a member of this site and many people have had proplems like this so i told them like three times to make sure they call the tech line!! man they really listen huh! well i droped my car off today and told them that they better still have the paper work b/c they have to have that number and he was just telling me that they did it right and that all then need is my vin # and they will be able to get it worked out i was mad and told him that they needed those papers but he is still trying to tell me they did everything right! on top of that this is my third time to have my car in the shop in the last 3 weeks the thing i droped it off for in the first place is still not done!! these guys are really starting to **** me off!!
Demand the paperwork or your money back and find a new dealer!

I had a dealer mechanic that had installed a stage II in his '06 Cobalt, he was having problems with my car, it took him over two hours to flash it and he had to call the tech line three times... When he handed me my keys he told me the parts and the stage II paperwork were on the passenger floor and make sure I kept the paperwork. Lucky for me I had someone that knew what he was doing and hung in there until it was right... I had the kit installed yesterday and pegged 7000rpm on a dyno today so I know he did it right...
Old 08-12-2007, 08:04 AM

Get the paper work and keep in your glove box. Everytime I have to go to the dealership I show them that so they don't do some stupid ****.

Originally Posted by BRN169
Demand the paperwork or your money back and find a new dealer!

I had a dealer mechanic that had installed a stage II in his '06 Cobalt, he was having problems with my car, it took him over two hours to flash it and he had to call the tech line three times... When he handed me my keys he told me the parts and the stage II paperwork were on the passenger floor and make sure I kept the paperwork. Lucky for me I had someone that knew what he was doing and hung in there until it was right... I had the kit installed yesterday and pegged 7000rpm on a dyno today so I know he did it right...
Same here, Had the paper work, injectors, exhaust manifold, tools for the pulley all sittin in my car. Of course it helps when my brother was the salesman. He was all over the mechanic's ****, and so was I. I sat there and watched from a far while my bro was up close and personal. **** he practically told the mechanic how to his fn job.

Last edited by Stouffer; 08-12-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Banned

Why do people even waste money on the S2 tune? It doesn't eliminate TM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
Why do people even waste money on the S2 tune? It doesn't eliminate TM.
should i ask for all my paper work and my old parts when i go and pick it up?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:06 AM

should i ask for all my paper work and my old parts when i go and pick it up?
You shouldn't have to ask for it, they should be giving it to you.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 AM

they didn't give me anything other then my keys i just noticed when i took it back that they didn't even put back my little cover that says ecotec supercharged back on man i don't even know what to do to even begin to get this stuff strighten out!!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 AM

they didn't give me anything other then my keys i just noticed when i took it back that they didn't even put back my little cover that says ecotec supercharged back on man i don't even know what to do to even begin to get this stuff strighten out!!
And to think to keep your warranty intact (maybe), you need to have that kind of work performed...boggles the mind.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Matty
And to think to keep your warranty intact (maybe), you need to have that kind of work performed...boggles the mind.
crap i wish i could just go back before they even touched my car and just go to a different dealer but right now i just need to figure out how to get this all figured out frist!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:06 PM

what you need to do is have them check the calibration in your computer. under callibration for engine history it should read..... 12614366 and under callibration history for engine diagnostic it should read 12614368. these are the part #'s for the stage 2 flash for a 2007. if you do not have these #'s in these spots you dont have the flash. the part #'s can be found on page 4 of the the instillation manual. If you have a different year let me know and i can give you the part numbers for your year. Tell them to read the instructions next time.

oh and ask them for a print out of your complete callibration history so that you can see for yourself if they put it in or not.

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web or you can use this site to check your callibration yourself.

1. put in vin and click get cal id.......
2. click on pcm and next.
3.last click complete history. this will give you all your callibrations.

Last edited by SuperSlow07; 08-12-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added link
Old 08-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by SuperSlow07
what you need to do is have them check the calibration in your computer. under callibration for engine history it should read..... 12614366 and under callibration history for engine diagnostic it should read 12614368. these are the part #'s for the stage 2 flash for a 2007. if you do not have these #'s in these spots you dont have the flash. the part #'s can be found on page 4 of the the instillation manual. If you have a different year let me know and i can give you the part numbers for your year. Tell them to read the instructions next time.

oh and ask them for a print out of your complete callibration history so that you can see for yourself if they put it in or not.

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web or you can use this site to check your callibration yourself.

1. put in vin and click get cal id.......
2. click on pcm and next.
3.last click complete history. this will give you all your callibrations.

Now that is sweet! +rep! for sharing,

Quick Reply: question on stage 2