2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Old 01-19-2016, 02:27 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Venominal
I just have a lot of downtime, as a service writer these months of December, and January are painfully slow. This has truly been a great read, it could very well be a book. I'm really loving my '06, and can't wait to make it move a little more, but as I said, these months are painfully slow. I'd love to come see this thing unveiled when its done. And I think your wifes support through this all has been outstanding. Now maybe I can get my girlfriend to read this thing and I can get some go fast bits
I predict this will backfire, she'll see how much of a money pit/addiction this is and make you get a bicycle to tinker on instead.
The following users liked this post:
Olybaltss (01-21-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by YelloEye
I predict this will backfire, she'll see how much of a money pit/addiction this is and make you get a bicycle to tinker on instead.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I believe you are absolutely correct. Worth a shot haha
Old 02-18-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That moment when you realize you've been casually following the same thread on a forum for nearly 9 years.............
Old 02-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Psykostevo
That moment when you realize you've been casually following the same thread on a forum for nearly 9 years.............
Lol
Old 04-25-2016, 01:55 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Teaser Alert

Just thought I would drop this little teaser here and yes my wife might de-ball me if she knew

but

I

am

meeting

today

with

a reputable

engine

builder,

a

RACE

engine

builder

We are going to go over a parts list of what I have as well as what I need to complete the engine. This builder has an engine dyno so when he has built the engine he will run it and make sure everything is done right. At this stage I am not able to buy the power adders but I will have a plan. Theoretically the engine will be able to be installed and tuned for naturally aspirated but I'm not sure if I'm down for that.

We will make a plan and go from there. I have also got another mechanic who is good with wiring and he's going to finish off the wiring which is at about 85% done right now.

I'll add more info after my meetings today.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Hope everything goes well for you! I've lurked this thread for....god knows how long
Old 04-25-2016, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Just thought I would drop this little teaser here and yes my wife might de-ball me if she knew

but

I

am

meeting

today

with

a reputable

engine

builder,

a

RACE

engine

builder

We are going to go over a parts list of what I have as well as what I need to complete the engine. This builder has an engine dyno so when he has built the engine he will run it and make sure everything is done right. At this stage I am not able to buy the power adders but I will have a plan. Theoretically the engine will be able to be installed and tuned for naturally aspirated but I'm not sure if I'm down for that.

We will make a plan and go from there. I have also got another mechanic who is good with wiring and he's going to finish off the wiring which is at about 85% done right now.

I'll add more info after my meetings today.
Clearly this is an addiction That's great to hear Rod!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:31 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Haven07
Hope everything goes well for you! I've lurked this thread for....god knows how long
I'm hoping so to. It will be really cool when I can finally post a vid of a running engine

Clearly this is an addiction That's great to hear Rod!
I wanted to call it something else but honestly addiction works best. I managed to ignore the 'elephant in the garage' for along time but I can't do it any longer. I realized that I needed to either move forward or sell off what I have and forget about it. Now that I know that I can't bring myself to sell it all off that leaves me with only one way to go, forward.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:16 PM

I'm hoping so to. It will be really cool when I can finally post a vid of a running engine

I wanted to call it something else but honestly addiction works best. I managed to ignore the 'elephant in the garage' for along time but I can't do it any longer. I realized that I needed to either move forward or sell off what I have and forget about it. Now that I know that I can't bring myself to sell it all off that leaves me with only one way to go, forward.
Dependency, obsession, fixation, enslavement, Cobalt-oholism? Any one of those works
Old 04-25-2016, 11:17 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
so who is building the engine?
Old 04-26-2016, 06:26 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
good news to hear man. still following this and looking forward to seeing it move under it's own power
Old 04-26-2016, 06:18 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Sharkey
so who is building the engine?
I'm having talks with Jim at Richmond Racing Engines. I was impressed with their shop as it has plenty of space, engines, a cnc machine, engine dyno and many other stations needed to machine and build engines. Too bad I didn't find this place before JBP and Resnick

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
good news to hear man. still following this and looking forward to seeing it move under it's own power
Good to hear and it will be even better when we can all hear that engine rumble.

I took all the engine parts in today so that they could be evaluated in regards to them being appropriate for the amount of horsepower needed to make this run in the mid 7's. The first thing they did was look at the SCAT connecting rods and say they had to go. They fell way short of where we planned the hp to be. They loved the heads but were concerned about them staying put under 25-30lbs of boost. They are comparing these DART heads as they only have 4 bolts/cylinder compared to the 6 bolts/cylinder that the LSX block is designed to use.
All in all that means I'm back in fine form by thinking I'm at a certain place only to be told that the finish line is a lot farther away than I expected. Time moves on but somethings don't change. The only upside is this shop may be able to off load some of the latest un-useable parts.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:44 AM

well good news is you can add tabs to make those heads 6 bolt (lot of welding and such but probably cheaper then getting new heads) also not a bad place to look is the texas speed stuff. not too much money and good performers (they have 6 bolt heads too).
and definitely those scat rods need to go lol.

I just can't wait to try and run up to 26psi on my stock 5.3 haha... (88mm turbo) just upgraded hardware and gaskets in the thing so far, but looking forward to trying out that holley dominator efi finally.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:51 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

well good news is you can add tabs to make those heads 6 bolt (lot of welding and such but probably cheaper then getting new heads) also not a bad place to look is the texas speed stuff. not too much money and good performers (they have 6 bolt heads too).
and definitely those scat rods need to go lol.

I just can't wait to try and run up to 26psi on my stock 5.3 haha... (88mm turbo) just upgraded hardware and gaskets in the thing so far, but looking forward to trying out that holley dominator efi finally.
I will talking with the builder either today or Monday be for I fly off to work. I have looked at the GM heads with the 6 holes/cyl and the price isn't too bad. Finding a home for the DART heads would make buying new heads doable. However, I will broach the suggestion of adding the tabs to allow for the extra holes to be added.

What is your timeline for throwing that big ass turbo on to your stock motor (you sure like riding on the edge don't you Paul )
Old 04-29-2016, 09:45 AM

turbo is on the car already lol. just have a few odds and ends to tie up and some wiring. should be out this summer..... and hmm, how much you want for the dart heads?
and you know how I am man, just keep pushing things to the brink of disaster, if not it's boring haha.

the gm heads aren't bad at all, but you can have them worked to be pretty bad ass.

I'll put up some pics of the ta tonight when I get home, can't get to photobucket from work.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:47 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

you know how I am man, just keep pushing things to the brink of disaster, if not it's boring haha.
Yes I know how you are, you love pushing the boundaries just a bit farther than they should be

hmm, how much you want for the dart heads?
These heads are already re-worked including 72cc combustion chambers/ported intake& exhaust ports so they are a steal at $4,000.US

turbo is on the car already lol. just have a few odds and ends to tie up and some wiring. should be out this summer..... and
the gm heads aren't bad at all, but you can have them worked to be pretty bad ass.

I'll put up some pics of the ta tonight when I get home, can't get to photobucket from work.
I look forward to seeing some pics

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 04-29-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:50 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I was talking with the engine builder and he told me more bad news.

First, (and I heard this also from Nelson Racing Engines) the cathedral ports are not optimum for forced induction (so Paul you don't want them) and second, my fuel management (BigStuff3) sucks for my application.

Sadly that means more parts to buy and more parts to try and sell. Someone just needs to shoot me already, please.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:30 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
my thoughts on it is i think you should stick the motor together with the parts you have and shoot for a lower power goal for the time being. i know its not the ideal thing, however at least you can get the car together and get some enjoyment from it. the sort of engine combo your putting together is something that needs to come out of the car and be gone through every winter, so that gives you the chance to change things up as you go.

just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 PM

There is a HALTECH dealer in Calgary.

The Show `Street Outlaws`has basically converted 50% of their cars over to Haltech.

That hardware can be made to run anything from a Missile to a pedal bike.

Forced Induction, Nitros, NA, Rotary... What Ever.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:49 PM

I was talking with the engine builder and he told me more bad news.

First, (and I heard this also from Nelson Racing Engines) the cathedral ports are not optimum for forced induction (so Paul you don't want them) and second, my fuel management (BigStuff3) sucks for my application.

Sadly that means more parts to buy and more parts to try and sell. Someone just needs to shoot me already, please.
cathedral ports work fine dude. there are better heads out there, but you can still make killer power on cathedral heads. I know a few people with into the 1000+whp with them
Old 05-02-2016, 03:13 PM

There are more people than not going with the cathedral port heads over the square port for boost now. I'm planning on making 1000 on a forged 370 cnc'd 317s and a PT8884. John at lil john's motorsports who specializes in boosted LS's is a strong advocate for the cathedral port heads as well.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:49 AM

yup, I'm running ported 317's on my build too
Old 05-03-2016, 02:53 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Sharkey
my thoughts on it is i think you should stick the motor together with the parts you have and shoot for a lower power goal for the time being. i know its not the ideal thing, however at least you can get the car together and get some enjoyment from it. the sort of engine combo your putting together is something that needs to come out of the car and be gone through every winter, so that gives you the chance to change things up as you go.

just my opinion.
I have had this advice before and I tried to ignore it but I can't do that any longer. This seems to be the best way forward. I have almost convinced myself this is the way to go. I am out of town for work the next 15 days and I will really think everything over.

cathedral ports work fine dude. there are better heads out there, but you can still make killer power on cathedral heads. I know a few people with into the 1000+whp with them
Originally Posted by dayhoff35
There are more people than not going with the cathedral port heads over the square port for boost now. I'm planning on making 1000 on a forged 370 cnc'd 317s and a PT8884. John at lil john's motorsports who specializes in boosted LS's is a strong advocate for the cathedral port heads as well.
yup, I'm running ported 317's on my build too
I am also convinced (mostly) to bolt these heads on and see how they do. I have a line on an intake and if it happens then the decision will be made. If they blow a gasket then perhaps down the line I'll upgrade to the 6 bolt/cylinder heads.

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
There is a HALTECH dealer in Calgary.

The Show `Street Outlaws`has basically converted 50% of their cars over to Haltech.

That hardware can be made to run anything from a Missile to a pedal bike.

Forced Induction, Nitros, NA, Rotary... What Ever.
Thanks, I will definitely check into that.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:15 AM

arp 625+ studs should do the trick on 4 bolt heads. that's what I'm running and planning on pushing @26psi through the 88mm. may or may not hold, but it will still be fun as hell lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD