2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

WVU_SS goes turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well after 10 days of being busy as all heck, I pick this back up tonight. Over the past 10 days, I've ran a tough mudder, adopted a new puppy, and traveled a few states away to a wedding. I'm pretty excited to get back into the garage again.

And an update on my coupler situation. It's progressing just like always. Spoke with Josh a week and a half ago. "Couplers will be in Monday, going to verify it works, then get them out to you." Fast forward to today, and nothing. Can't get ahold of him again. Just like always.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:22 PM

Anyone have any tips for installing the shorter belt? I've got all tension removed from the tensioner and it's not even close to working.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:08 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Get a friend lol
Old 05-20-2016, 05:51 AM

Lol that's looking like it'll be the plan. Cause the wife isn't strong enough to keep the tension off the belt, and I don't have the hands/flexibility to stretch it the way it looks like it needs.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:06 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
did you leave the bracket between the block and ac/alt. if so you need to get a belt that's about 3/4-1" longer. I'll see if I can still see the part number on it when I get home tonight.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:02 AM

That would be much appreciated man. I did leave the bracket. That makes sense now. I've been hearing from multiple people to "man up and compress the tensioner" lol. I've had that thing so high up it's hitting the block and it's still nowhere close. I've wasted 2 days now and was getting all sorts of pissy last night. I'm actually gonna grab one that's 1-1/4" longer as it appears that the tensioner has a good bit of travel to make up for a slightly longer belt. If you can still see the # that would be great though. From digging around it looks like the one Josh sends is 40.75", so I'm shooting for a 42" belt I'm guessing. It's nice to hear I'm not going insane now.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:42 PM

yeah I had the same problem, I didn't want to lose the hoist point on mine so went longer belt. motor is out of the car so easy enough to see it lol.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:48 PM

I'll claim to have the same reasoning lol. I more just didn't even know to pull the bracket, and the manifold and stuff is back on, and I really just don't feel like pulling it all back off, so the new belt is by far worth the money to me.

All I've got to do is get the belt on, drop the tank for the new pump and am waiting on 2 couplers from Josh before I can button this thing up, so I really don't want to rip it back down haha.

I'm gonna threadjack my own thread here. What're you doing on yours that you pulled the motor?
Old 05-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by WVU_SS
Well after 10 days of being busy as all heck, I pick this back up tonight. Over the past 10 days, I've ran a tough mudder, adopted a new puppy, and traveled a few states away to a wedding. I'm pretty excited to get back into the garage again.

And an update on my coupler situation. It's progressing just like always. Spoke with Josh a week and a half ago. "Couplers will be in Monday, going to verify it works, then get them out to you." Fast forward to today, and nothing. Can't get ahold of him again. Just like always.
No way! That never happens! Glad im not the only one
Old 05-20-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
No way! That never happens! Glad im not the only one
I've heard it from multiple people. A buddy warned me about it. I had the same problems when I went TVS, but couldn't pass up the deal he had going on with the kit. I spoke with him on Wed. and was told he had to order em off Ebay as the local warehouse was out of them. No tracking number or anything, so I hope they get here soon.

It blows my mind that 2 weeks after I brought the issue to his attention, I still don't have it resolved. I'd go buy them myself, however I have an issue with the principle of buying something that should come with a kit. If i wanted to piece parts together, I could have done that.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Same **** happened to me man.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:00 PM

Meh it is what it is. I just wanna finish this project as it's nice and my daily needs some TLC right now.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:29 PM

I'll claim to have the same reasoning lol. I more just didn't even know to pull the bracket, and the manifold and stuff is back on, and I really just don't feel like pulling it all back off, so the new belt is by far worth the money to me.

All I've got to do is get the belt on, drop the tank for the new pump and am waiting on 2 couplers from Josh before I can button this thing up, so I really don't want to rip it back down haha.

I'm gonna threadjack my own thread here. What're you doing on yours that you pulled the motor?
definitely hear ya there man
and changing the clutch out, and decided to finally clean up the motor degrease everything and fix all the oil leaks. so hopefully this is the last time it's apart for a few months. basically breaking in the new clutch and then parking it until the event in july I'm running in. don't want to risk breaking anything before then. probably throw it on the dyno in a few weeks thought to see if I can get 650+whp out of it.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:12 PM

Nice man. I'd love to see ya break 650. You on the 256? And the couplers came in today. I've got a local dyno day out here memorial day weekend so I'm in a rush to get buttoned up this weekend to see if I can tune it for next weekend and hurt some feelings. Most of the car scene around here are a bunch of douches so I'd love to hurt some egos.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:53 PM

So another picture. Got it mostly roughed in. I've got a few more things to grab tomorrow morning from Jegs before finishing it up. How does he connect to the turbo? What's the proper way to connect the two pieces of hot side pipe? It apepars a straight coupler, but I never received one. Also any insignt on the belt size? I'd like to get this all taken care of tomorrow morning and finish most of this by EOD tomorrow if at all possible!

Name:  20160520_204500_zpslgewfuxt.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  257.2 KB
Old 05-21-2016, 07:18 AM

So another picture. Got it mostly roughed in. I've got a few more things to grab tomorrow morning from Jegs before finishing it up. How does he connect to the turbo? What's the proper way to connect the two pieces of hot side pipe? It apepars a straight coupler, but I never received one. Also any insignt on the belt size? I'd like to get this all taken care of tomorrow morning and finish most of this by EOD tomorrow if at all possible!

Belt part number

Old 05-21-2016, 07:20 AM

Easy access lol

Old 05-21-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
Easy access lol

Well that makes things nice and easy for ya. You started nice and early today.

What coupler do you use from turbo to the upper charge pipe? Is it just a straight one? Josh never sent one, and rather than wait 2 weeks to get one, I'm just running out to grab it. And I'm just assuming a 4" straight between the 2 sections of hot side pipe?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:17 AM

Well that makes things nice and easy for ya. You started nice and early today.

What coupler do you use from turbo to the upper charge pipe? Is it just a straight one? Josh never sent one, and rather than wait 2 weeks to get one, I'm just running out to grab it. And I'm just assuming a 4" straight between the 2 sections of hot side pipe?
Turbo to charge pipe was a 2.25 to 2.5 straight coupler i believe. The that pipe to the one to the fmic was a straight 2.5 coupler. 4" give or take on that one.
Id mock it all up for ya later if you want. Have some family up today so might be a little later
Old 05-21-2016, 08:23 AM

I'll keep you posted on the mock up. I've got a 4" coupler on the two charge pipe now. Just didn't seem to play right, but I'll get it to work. I just didn't want to waste a ton of time to find out I need something new lol.

I've got it mocked up (minus the coupler from the turbo), and it works, just didn't have it as clean as I wanted it. I wanted to get everything sorted out before I run out to Jegs here. It's decently close, just don't want to run in circles all day wasting a ton of time.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:23 AM

Turbo to charge pipe was a 2.25 to 2.5 straight coupler i believe. The that pipe to the one to the fmic was a straight 2.5 coupler. 4" give or take on that one.
Id mock it all up for ya later if you want. Have some family up today so might be a little later
Well theyrr still sleeping so.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 AM

I'll keep you posted on the mock up. I've got a 4" coupler on the two charge pipe now. Just didn't seem to play right, but I'll get it to work. I just didn't want to waste a ton of time to find out I need something new lol.

I've got it mocked up (minus the coupler from the turbo), and it works, just didn't have it as clean as I wanted it. I wanted to get everything sorted out before I run out to Jegs here. It's decently close, just don't want to run in circles all day wasting a ton of time.
its a little tight with the ac lines, since the turbo rubbed a hole int he line on the fire wall, ac is out again. 4th time I've replaced one of the lines and since it didn't have ac for 8 years, f it I'll live without it again. should make everything line up better at least. I know the kit was originally done on a car with no ac so that's where the fitment of the hot side becomes a bit of a challenge

I'm not working on the car til monday just relaxing today and tomorrow lol.
monday I"ll put the clutch in fix the oil cooler and start sorting the harness, going to cut out all the crap I'm not using anymore to clean it up a bit. then retape the harness, new corrugated sleeving etc. putting the motor back in next weekend since I"ll have 3 days to get all the little things done. going to finally make the engine bay clean again.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:36 AM

its a little tight with the ac lines, since the turbo rubbed a hole int he line on the fire wall, ac is out again. 4th time I've replaced one of the lines and since it didn't have ac for 8 years, f it I'll live without it again. should make everything line up better at least. I know the kit was originally done on a car with no ac so that's where the fitment of the hot side becomes a bit of a challenge

I'm not working on the car til monday just relaxing today and tomorrow lol.
monday I"ll put the clutch in fix the oil cooler and start sorting the harness, going to cut out all the crap I'm not using anymore to clean it up a bit. then retape the harness, new corrugated sleeving etc. putting the motor back in next weekend since I"ll have 3 days to get all the little things done. going to finally make the engine bay clean again.
Huge help man thanks a ton! It helps seeing everything as it's done. My ac hasn't worked in years. Blew up my first engine 4 years ago (just putting down the highway completely stock) and when the shop replaced it, it lost a good bit of charge. The only reason I haven't pulled it out is that the wife would lose her mind if I told her I removed the ac.

I origianlly thought about making it nice and pretty. Then I had a few setbacks, and 3 weeks of work later, I'm impatient and want to drive this thing, so it's going back together messy as all hell. lol
Old 05-21-2016, 08:45 AM

haha that's basically how mine went back together in the fall. had done the car complete build with an sc setup, hated it, ripped it all apart and went turbo 2 weeks later, pretty much threw it together over a weekend to get it out and start tuning. but I have a few events I"m running in with some high end cars, so cant have everything look like dog doo. outside of the car already looks like death so might as welll make it pretty under the hood, well pretty for me lol. (function over form guy here)

I"ll be around the house pretty much all day, so if you run into problems just post up, I'll check back here and there throughout the day
Old 05-21-2016, 09:18 AM

Sounds good man. I've got a few errands to run now and some parts to buy. Thanks a ton for all the help this morning. I've got it mocked up pretty good right now, it'll take some adjusting to get it 100%.

That's why I'm going turbo. Over the next year or so, I'd like to get a nice build done for the same reason. Out here it's either WRX/Evo's and neons, or built to the 9's Vettes. The TVS on e was enough to supprise the 4 cylinders, and stock v8's, now I want to have some more fun. I'm in the same boat as you. Function over form. Currently have a fogged headlight and am missing my front lip. No biggie to me. IMO all people should see is the back of the car, and from there it looks good.

Quick Reply: WVU_SS goes turbo