2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

The Intake Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
You sold your Cobalt?? I thought you were planning on running the Alpine turbo kit. What happened?
The Alpine kit was on it. Great boost, cool intake charge, but the tuning was never perfected.

I took off the kit and sold it, then traded the car for a loaded '06 Silverado with 6K miles.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LewiSS
The Alpine kit was on it. Great boost, cool intake charge, but the tuning was never perfected.

I took off the kit and sold it, then traded the car for a loaded '06 Silverado with 6K miles.
Ah, gotcha. Well congrats on your new ride, but me being the sport compact lovin' 20 year old I am, I can't really say I support your decision, lol. I hate trucks.....the way they look, handle, drive, etc etc. But if you needed it for the function, I guess I understand. If I do ever own a truck someday, its gonna be some busted POS I buy for $500 that I use strictly for its truck abilities (towing, pulling, loading stuff in the bed, etc etc) and an alternative vehicle to my car. Buuuut still, enjoy your new truck and always remember, stock = whack, so don't just sit there, get modding!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Ah, gotcha. Well congrats on your new ride, but me being the sport compact lovin' 20 year old I am, I can't really say I support your decision, lol. I hate trucks.....the way they look, handle, drive, etc etc. But if you needed it for the function, I guess I understand. If I do ever own a truck someday, its gonna be some busted POS I buy for $500 that I use strictly for its truck abilities (towing, pulling, loading stuff in the bed, etc etc) and an alternative vehicle to my car. Buuuut still, enjoy your new truck and always remember, stock = whack, so don't just sit there, get modding!!!!
Thanks for the kind words - not everything out there is for everyone (else why make so many alternatives, right?). Yes, we needed the functionality. And here in Colorado, I'm not inclined to run a POS in the winter (although I agree with your logic - we considered that, too). I'm contemplating replacing the wife's Impala LTZ with a 'vette. In the mean time, the truck should have stripes somewhat like my Cobalt stripes tonight (if I can get away from work), it already has a 3" Magnaflow stainless cat-back system, and I'm looking into intakes. Stock? What's that?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by LewiSS
Thanks for the kind words - not everything out there is for everyone (else why make so many alternatives, right?). Yes, we needed the functionality. And here in Colorado, I'm not inclined to run a POS in the winter (although I agree with your logic - we considered that, too). I'm contemplating replacing the wife's Impala LTZ with a 'vette. In the mean time, the truck should have stripes somewhat like my Cobalt stripes tonight (if I can get away from work), it already has a 3" Magnaflow stainless cat-back system, and I'm looking into intakes. Stock? What's that?
Corvettes? New parts for the truck? Sweet! I'd do more to my Cobalt if I wasn't busy replacing tires and wheels left and right. First I drove over a nail. Ordered a new tire that should be here sometime this week. And then last night I drove into a crater last night coming home work last night and bent the hell out of one of my wheels. So now ill have a new tire for one of the 19"s, but need a new wheel to replacing one of my other 19"s. Sheeesh my luck blows......
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 PM

He used my YouTube video for the GMPP intake and exhaust I feel honored
Old 08-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sugardaddy2885
He used my YouTube video for the GMPP intake and exhaust I feel honored
hey wered you get your tires i see them in your avatar picture of whatever. i like those how much what kind size or website. lookin at some recently.

ryan.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:00 AM

the typhoon sounds VERY loud, almost too loud
Old 08-24-2007, 03:35 AM

Dope ass thread!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 AM

I just got an email from Z-Spec and they have so kindly provided me with some photographs of their Z-Spec Induction System. The pictures can be found on the first page.

Thanks again to Frank at Z-Spec for so quickly providing me with photos of their product, it is greatly appreciated and I hope it will stir up some interest in their products.

Also, I'm working on getting the Rebel Autoworkz CAI listed, however, I can't seem to find any information on their website pertaining to it. So it looks like I'll be sending a few PM's and maybe an email or two to see if I can get some pictures and information so I can get it listed in this thread.

Again, thanks to all of those who have contributed so far. Again, if anyone has any videos or anything they'd like to contribute, either post here or PM me, preferably the PM because I might miss it in this thread.

Thanks again
Old 08-24-2007, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by rlinden86
hey wered you get your tires i see them in your avatar picture of whatever. i like those how much what kind size or website. lookin at some recently.

ryan.
They are goodyear eagle FI. Got mine at tirerack with my rims. I LOVE them, but as soon as there is ANY snow on the ground your screwed.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Gturismo1
I just got an email from Z-Spec and they have so kindly provided me with some photographs of their Z-Spec Induction System. The pictures can be found on the first page.

Thanks again to Frank at Z-Spec for so quickly providing me with photos of their product, it is greatly appreciated and I hope it will stir up some interest in their products.

Also, I'm working on getting the Rebel Autoworkz CAI listed, however, I can't seem to find any information on their website pertaining to it. So it looks like I'll be sending a few PM's and maybe an email or two to see if I can get some pictures and information so I can get it listed in this thread.

Again, thanks to all of those who have contributed so far. Again, if anyone has any videos or anything they'd like to contribute, either post here or PM me, preferably the PM because I might miss it in this thread.

Thanks again
There's a thread about a page or two back in the 2.4 performance section where they list info, dyno charts, and a full description. I'd give you the link but I'm at work on my sidekick and I can open multiple pages at once. But I'm sure it won't be too hard to find. Hope this helps!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:29 PM

Just added the Rebel Autoworxs 2.4 CAI, and the Dyno Sheet provided by LewiSS.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by Gturismo1
Just added the Rebel Autoworxs 2.4 CAI, and the Dyno Sheet provided by LewiSS.
Good deal!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM

K&N Typhoon installed on my 2007 Cobalt SS 2.4L NA at http://www.csm-gh.com/AB9M-2007%20Cobalt%20SS.htm
Old 08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Not a Sebring

Its sad to see that even though this extensive thread exists, and is even a sticky, people are still making new threads asking where they can get intakes and who makes intakes for our cars and such......

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 08-27-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:40 AM

Sounds good!

There's a thread about a page or two back in the 2.4 performance section where they list info, dyno charts, and a full description. I'd give you the link but I'm at work on my sidekick and I can open multiple pages at once. But I'm sure it won't be too hard to find. Hope this helps!
I'd like to see this link...can't seem to find the right discussion.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by driver77
I'd like to see this link...can't seem to find the right discussion.
Just so you know I was talking about the Rebel Autoworks CAI.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 PM

K&n

So it seems the K&N Typhoon is probably the best intake for our cars, as it's the only one made for a 2.4L VVT. I haven't seen any other dyno test an increase of 16 Hp. http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/69-4517.pdf Maybe its the "mass air" sensor adaptor? http://www.kandn.com/instructions/69-4517.pdf I haven't noticed one on any of the other brands. The price doesn't seem any worse than the others either.
$180 for the z-spec or a lot less for home-made is tempting though...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM

Perhaps this question could be answered here and help a few others out - I have the Injen on my car and I am about to or want to clean the filter. Its pretty much an emergency that I do it now because I could be throwing CEL's soon if I don't - its pretty dirty. Anyhow, my question is - will the K&N cleaning kit work as well as the Injen? Injen kits have to be ordered and then shipped hence taking probably about 2 wks - I can't wait that long, but will if I have to. K&N I can get from a local auto parts shop.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by farfrmnormal
Perhaps this question could be answered here and help a few others out - I have the Injen on my car and I am about to or want to clean the filter. Its pretty much an emergency that I do it now because I could be throwing CEL's soon if I don't - its pretty dirty. Anyhow, my question is - will the K&N cleaning kit work as well as the Injen? Injen kits have to be ordered and then shipped hence taking probably about 2 wks - I can't wait that long, but will if I have to. K&N I can get from a local auto parts shop.
do you have the dryflow farfrmnormal?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:53 PM

No, I stayed with the filter that came with the Intake - which I believe is oiled.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:59 PM

No, I stayed with the filter that came with the Intake - which I believe is oiled.
if you donot have the oil kit already,might i recommend going with the dryflow filter.if you do have the kit already all I can say is iol lightly,the original injen filters were K&N
Old 08-29-2007, 10:01 PM

The oil that comes in the kit, is it spray oil or like in a little dropper bottle? I thought about going with a dry flow filter - but where can I get one in such a bind? Also, any recommendations on what MAF cleaner I should buy? I heard you should clean it with every filter recharge.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:06 PM

The oil that comes in the kit, is it spray oil or like in a little dropper bottle? I thought about going with a dry flow filter - but where can I get one in such a bind? Also, any recommendations on what MAF cleaner I should buy? I heard you should clean it with every filter recharge.
i got my dryflow at lordco parts in B.C.,i switched cause of my dealer whining about the oiled one you should just try your most popular parts store for the AEM dryflow or ask Rebelmotorsports where they got theirs. As for the MAF, at crappy tire their is an electrical head cleaner (same thing) get it.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 PM

What size filter should I be looking for? Sorry for so many questions - 2.5" or 3"

Quick Reply: The Intake Thread