2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Bought a Cruze 2LT

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_peperni
Yeah they said early january for the Eco package wich include the manual transmission, one of my buddy is looking for a car and i convinced him to go look at the Cruze, thats why i decided to go with him and test drive it and give him my impression on that car.. he really like it,he was looking for the suzuki SX4 sedan wich is in the same price range as the LT turbo.
you dont have to get the Eco to get a 6speed stick with the 1.4. GM announced they're going to offer it as an option on any LT model also, additional cost of course.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:45 PM

All this talk made me go drive one on me lunch break... eh.. I like the look of it all around a lot better than the cobalt, but Drivin wise it was nuthin close. I drove the Lt and my boys 2.2 felt like it had more kick. It seemed like it was revvin so high for no reason, I only hit about 45 lol it was pretty smooth tho and had the standard Chevy huge trunk with the little opening. Lol
Old 11-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Nothin Stock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not a fan of the exterior.....
Old 11-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Interior reminds me of the new Equinox.

Just change those wheels and add tint asap..
Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
I sat in one of these today at the Albany Auto Show.

Not bad, and definitely higher up in terms of quality over the Cobalt. I still wouldn't buy one or trade my SS S/C in for one, though.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 AM

Good to know you dont need to get the Eco kit, thx

I agree it rev too high to really feel the turbo, thats why the manual transmission should help this.
You can really feel it on low end versus a 2.2 ecotec.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 AM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO
the only way this cruze will have any success at all will be if they made a 260+HP turbocharged COUPE SS.

if they don't, its going to be one giant fail.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerjclance
IMO
the only way this cruze will have any success at all will be if they made a 260+HP turbocharged COUPE SS.

Yeah, because the last 260hp Cobalt accounted for a mere 2% of total sales and was a total hit.

Big fail with this car for sure, for giving small car owners what they want in a compact car.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shawn672
Sticker was 22k, basic 2LT no extra options besides what came standard with this model (power everything, heated leather seats, premium sound, remote start, etc.)

The really cool part is GM released an Android app that lets me connect to my car via Onstar and send it remote commands. I can start the car, lock/unlock, roll the windows, and turn the alarm on all from my Droid X (cell phone).

I paid a little under 21k with GM employee eva pricing and lack of delivery charges, etc. Not a steller deal but I bet no one is getting a Cruze for cheaper in the next few months at least.

Pictures of interior to come (tomorrow when it's light out). I've got one small pic I'm uploading right now from earlier though, 1 moment
Badass, that is all
Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 AM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO

No, the car is going to fail is as a performance car. It's not supposed to be one. As an everyday passenger car for families who aren't looking for power, which is most people, it does a very good job. You have to consider the fact that a car is successful if it sells well to its audience, which in the case of the cruze is the everyday person, not us small amount of performance oriented customers. I think the cruze will be successful, just not as a performance car, which it is not at all intended to be.

Do you consider a Nissan Altima to be a performance car? I would hope not. The purpose of that car is to be an everyday passenger car, the same idea applies for the Cruze.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:56 AM

until we see a performance version of cruze if that ever happens, I would never compare 1.4 T to the performance of a cobalt SS TC or SC. Sorry but to get a cruze to be as well rounded in performance as the SC's and TC's were in both handling and power by then you've just dumped a lot of money into a car that's designed to save gas and have a much better interior comparable to a Cadillac. It will be interesting to see if people pick it up to do..... idk what with it right now lol its uncharted territory
Old 11-07-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by TommypSS/TC
No, the car is going to fail is as a performance car. It's not supposed to be one. As an everyday passenger car for families who aren't looking for power, which is most people, it does a very good job. You have to consider the fact that a car is successful if it sells well to its audience, which in the case of the cruze is the everyday person, not us small amount of performance oriented customers. I think the cruze will be successful, just not as a performance car, which it is not at all intended to be.

Do you consider a Nissan Altima to be a performance car? I would hope not. The purpose of that car is to be an everyday passenger car, the same idea applies for the Cruze.
x2

But did you see that Nissan commercial where they transformed the guys 370z into a altima and said Hey look your altima's got performance! lol
Old 11-08-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianCobalt
Reality that it's a small engine?

We have 2.0's 300, 350, 400 and beyond.

Why not a 1.4 at 200.

A stock LNF has .13HP per mL (Not doing the imperial conversion, too late for this haha).

A 1.4 with 200HP would be .14HP per mL.

a 350HP LNF (Not unheard of really.) Is already up to .16.

Provided the engine is not a piece of junk, I can't see a problem hitting it and going beyond.

Joel
im not saying the 1.4 won't hit 200 whp but going off the LNF numbers is not going to be accurate. There are a million factors that will go in to the hp to liter ratio and all engines even in the same family these engines are going to have different compression ratios, cam specs, head flow, exhaust backpressure, intake flow, and most importantly differant size turbos also it depends where GM set the lb/min flow for the stock tune in relation to the max lb/min the turbo can flow. If it's already working at 90+% its max rpm before its efficiancy drops off then your not going to see a huge gain. Nobody knows as of right now but I imagine you will need 80-90 wheel hp to get to 200 wheel hp thats alot for bolt ons on a 1.4 liter. What it will come down to is if the stock turbo flows at least 24lb/min if it does i think you cruze guys can hit 200 whp without major issues. Also if the motor is not direct injected your not going to run large amounts of boost like the LNF's with 9.5 to 1 compression. The LNF is 9.2 to 1 with direct injection.

Last edited by blackvette101; 11-08-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:12 PM

IMO

Quite possibly the dumbest post I've seen in regards to this car. **** an SS at this point, I'm just hoping for a 2 door.

I don't like how big this car is. Had the chance to examine one inside and out for about 20 minutes. Interior is lovely... but as a 19 year old for my dollar I just want my car to be a decently sporty looking coupe, and have some get up... neither of which are accomplished by the vehicle in the OP.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by recklessactn
x2

But did you see that Nissan commercial where they transformed the guys 370z into a altima and said Hey look your altima's got performance! lol
that was a maxima.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Red John
Quite possibly the dumbest post I've seen in regards to this car. **** an SS at this point, I'm just hoping for a 2 door.

I don't like how big this car is. Had the chance to examine one inside and out for about 20 minutes. Interior is lovely... but as a 19 year old for my dollar I just want my car to be a decently sporty looking coupe, and have some get up... neither of which are accomplished by the vehicle in the OP.
all depends on what you mean by sporty or having some get up
140hp seems dull but when you have max torque at 2k rpm's its a blast to drive. this car's steering is superb compared to the cobalt, its extremely precise and theres no "give' like i had in all my cobalts where you could turn the wheel slightly left or right and not move the car
Old 11-08-2010, 11:46 PM

where did you park it so i can key it? :p
Old 11-08-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by blackvette101
im not saying the 1.4 won't hit 200 whp but going off the LNF numbers is not going to be accurate. There are a million factors that will go in to the hp to liter ratio and all engines even in the same family these engines are going to have different compression ratios, cam specs, head flow, exhaust backpressure, intake flow, and most importantly differant size turbos also it depends where GM set the lb/min flow for the stock tune in relation to the max lb/min the turbo can flow. If it's already working at 90+% its max rpm before its efficiancy drops off then your not going to see a huge gain. Nobody knows as of right now but I imagine you will need 80-90 wheel hp to get to 200 wheel hp thats alot for bolt ons on a 1.4 liter. What it will come down to is if the stock turbo flows at least 24lb/min if it does i think you cruze guys can hit 200 whp without major issues. Also if the motor is not direct injected your not going to run large amounts of boost like the LNF's with 9.5 to 1 compression. The LNF is 9.2 to 1 with direct injection.
Fair enough. Either way, hopefully this turns out to be a good engine and produces Chevy some money so they can start pushing towards the performance aspect again .

Joel
Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
where are said pics of more interior? I'm still not convinced its 10x better than cars more expensive.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by shawn672
all depends on what you mean by sporty or having some get up
140hp seems dull but when you have max torque at 2k rpm's its a blast to drive. this car's steering is superb compared to the cobalt, its extremely precise and theres no "give' like i had in all my cobalts where you could turn the wheel slightly left or right and not move the car
Well the sporty coupe it cannot fulfill since it's not a coupe... but you are right about the early torque making a huge difference. That said, we're coming from a motor with a stage 2 kit that was good for 240 hp, and more recently a 260 hp motor that's no slouch in the early torque department, either.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by northvibe
where are said pics of more interior? I'm still not convinced its 10x better than cars more expensive.
pics to come, i've been lazy and havent felt like it. soon though.

@canadian, have you read up on the tech on this motor? they didnt just slap on a turbo and call it a cruze, they really built up the engine from what i can tell. i really think gm did this motor well, lets hope it proves to be a good tuner

@red john, yea def, its no where near 260hp and probably wont be without a turbo swap. honestly if anyones trying to run 11s they should probably look at something other than a cruze. but if you wand a high 13's with a super nice interior and responsive handling, this could be it. all in good time.

again, i didnt buy it for the performance, i bought it for everything else. its an amazing DD and i'd recommend to anyone and everyone
Old 11-09-2010, 09:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
a 1.4L turbo going 260hp? better build the **** out of it
Old 11-09-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
a 1.4L turbo going 260hp? better build the **** out of it
who said this was going to be anywhere near 260hp? O.o
Old 11-09-2010, 05:12 PM

I'm thinking of taking one for a test drive this weekend and I do agree that the interior is much better then our car...maybe not 10x better but a vast improvement. As for the performance of the car, what does it really matter? This is a four door family hauler that looks ok and with any luck will last a lot longer then our cars did. The thing to keep in mind though is if it sells good and lasts then the odds more people will buy it increases. That in turn means we all have a better chance of seeing more performance parts developed for it and also of either an ss style sedan or even a coup coming to the market. Remember that a lot of car models started out as one thing or another and due to strong sales and demand branched off into different options...coups, sedans, wagons and the like. We can hope this car hits a nerve with the public and if done right turns into what we all are hoping for. Anyway thats my two cents
Old 11-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by csa1982
As for the performance of the car, what does it really matter?
It matters to us, because we are on a forum called CobaltSS.net and care about such matters... I'd hate to see the best FWD performance car GM's offered not have a successor. I don't remember because I was 13 years old, but I do believe back in 2004 LSJ cars were on dealer lots at the same time as base models.

Quick Reply: Bought a Cruze 2LT