2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Cobalt Turbo > Cruze ECO

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Acey
...than an LNF coupe? Whatever psychedelic you're on, I want some.
Hahaha^^^^THIS!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD
Look, another sore ass Korean car buyer trying to justify buying a pile of trash.

A year with no issues?? Its still practically brand new, give it some miles, it will be rotting at the dealership service department lot in no time

Better than a Malibu?? LOL, you are on drugs. Malibu looks nicer, drives nicer, has a nicer interior, is better built, has a much better engine, more interior room, better brakes, better handling, and more power. Whats better about the Sonata?? Nothing, its junk.

I see these cars in the service bay every day with EVERYTHING wrong with them, and the owners are too dumb and ignorant to understand why they are falling apart...you bought a piece of **** korean car, you get what you pay for. I've even seen 06+ models that blew their timing belts around 60K miles...garbage.

And no, your piece of **** doesn't outrun a 280HP CTS either, put the crack pipe down.

Have fun paying $800 for the dealer to change your shitty press in wheel bearings at 40K miles
Hyundai has been doing **** right for the past five years. Good cars and good price.

FYI 4 cyl sonatas do 128 mph if they get enough room
Old 11-08-2011, 12:30 AM

Look, another sore ass Korean car buyer trying to justify buying a pile of trash.

A year with no issues?? Its still practically brand new, give it some miles, it will be rotting at the dealership service department lot in no time

Better than a Malibu?? LOL, you are on drugs. Malibu looks nicer, drives nicer, has a nicer interior, is better built, has a much better engine, more interior room, better brakes, better handling, and more power. Whats better about the Sonata?? Nothing, its junk.

I see these cars in the service bay every day with EVERYTHING wrong with them, and the owners are too dumb and ignorant to understand why they are falling apart...you bought a piece of **** korean car, you get what you pay for. I've even seen 06+ models that blew their timing belts around 60K miles...garbage.

And no, your piece of **** doesn't outrun a 280HP CTS either, put the crack pipe down.

Have fun paying $800 for the dealer to change your shitty press in wheel bearings at 40K miles

im not reading anything your saying. nor am i trying to get into an argument. or nothing... all im saying is go to a hyundai/kia dealership... sit in one... the new optima? have you drove one?

these are not hondas, these are hyundais.

hyundais are cheap, very cheap, but engineers, well they copy off other companies, but their engineers do a good job copying. they do not in any way fall apart...

in fact, GM cars fall apart more than hyundais. im sorry... and im only talking about the ones made in the last 5 years, because those are the only the recent years count...

Originally Posted by nhanson

FYI 4 cyl sonatas do 128 mph if they get enough room
lmaooo!! you talking about the dude who got that ticket? LMAOO

Last edited by damastah; 11-08-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 PM

and people thought i was crazy for wanting to trade my sol in for a ls2 cts v
Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by damastah
im not reading anything your saying. nor am i trying to get into an argument. or nothing... all im saying is go to a hyundai/kia dealership... sit in one... the new optima? have you drove one?

hyundais are cheap, very cheap, but engineers, well they copy off other companies, but their engineers do a good job copying. they do not in any way fall apart...

in fact, GM cars fall apart more than hyundais. im sorry... and im only talking about the ones made in the last 5 years, because those are the only the recent years count...

lmaooo!! you talking about the dude who got that ticket? LMAOO
no i did not
Old 11-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by damastah
I've sat in PLENTY. More than I care to. There is NOTHING impressive about them. A new Malibu or Fusion is much nicer. Hell, even the new Chrysler 200 has a nicer interior, and its a freaking restyled Sebring.

Point being??

They DO FALL APART. Put the crack pipe down and stop trying to act like you know something. My neighbor has an '09 Sante Fe, 30K miles and its needed rear brakes, front strut mounts, and a drivers side axle. Cheap Korean parts assembled to form a cheap Korean car by engineers with no experience in building automobiles results in a pile of garbage known as Kia/Hyundai.

Another ignorant and baseless statement with absolutely no facts or proof, just bullshit, like your entire post.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ripped
and people thought i was crazy for wanting to trade my sol in for a ls2 cts v
People thought you were crazy for wanting to trade a Del Sol in for a CTS-V??

Those people are called retards. Don't pay any attention to them.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 PM

I've sat in PLENTY. More than I care to. There is NOTHING impressive about them. A new Malibu or Fusion is much nicer. Hell, even the new Chrysler 200 has a nicer interior, and its a freaking restyled Sebring.

Point being??

They DO FALL APART. Put the crack pipe down and stop trying to act like you know something. My neighbor has an '09 Sante Fe, 30K miles and its needed rear brakes, front strut mounts, and a drivers side axle. Cheap Korean parts assembled to form a cheap Korean car by engineers with no experience in building automobiles results in a pile of garbage known as Kia/Hyundai.

Another ignorant and baseless statement with absolutely no facts or proof, just bullshit, like your entire post.
Some cobalts needed steering motors, rear brakes, shifter linkage, bumper alignment right out of the box.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nhanson
Some cobalts needed steering motors, rear brakes, shifter linkage, bumper alignment right out of the box.
Wow, informative post

First of all the "steering boxes", which aren't even "steering boxes" at all, they are power steering motors, are made by Denso. And guess who owns Denso?? Toyota. So GM got a defective steering motor design from Toyota, no surprise there.

Rear brakes?? Those are called wear-and-tear maintenance items. All rear brakes wear out. Its not even worth complaining about, its just dumb to even bring up.

Shifter linkage?? Thats from people beating them living hell out of the car and physically breaking the linkage. It doesn't break from normal use or spirited driving, it breaks from abusive driving.

Bumper alignment?? Wow, the bumper needs to be adjusted, once again, waste of time to even mention.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow, informative post

First of all the "steering boxes", which aren't even "steering boxes" at all, they are power steering motors, are made by Denso. And guess who owns Denso?? Toyota. So GM got a defective steering motor design from Toyota, no surprise there.

Rear brakes?? Those are called wear-and-tear maintenance items. All rear brakes wear out. Its not even worth complaining about, its just dumb to even bring up.

Shifter linkage?? Thats from people beating them living hell out of the car and physically breaking the linkage. It doesn't break from normal use or spirited driving, it breaks from abusive driving.

Bumper alignment?? Wow, the bumper needs to be adjusted, once again, waste of time to even mention.
A new car "shouldn't" need that though. It was a cheap ass car, with some cheap ass parts. I hope they learned their lesson and the cruze seems to be pretty decent, just not a ss model.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Wow, informative post

i said motors.

Rear brakes meaning pads gone because of bad lubrication.

end of post said "right out of the box" meaning brand new.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:03 PM

Congrats

I traded my 09 SS sedan for a 2012 LTZ with everything except the sunroof which I wouldn't take even if it was free. Most everything that was optional is standard on the 2012LTZ. Granted I'm a little older than a lot/most of you all but I don't regret for one minute the trade. My many trips to NY from FL will be much more comfortable and economical with the Cruze. My monthly only went up $30 and I got a 50/100 mile, bumper to bumper warranty, lifetime interior and exterior wash and wax once every month, free required maint (oil change, tire rotation, etc) as long as I own the car. Of course that's plus materials. Like I said "I'm happy".

By the way. I do believe synthetic oil is required in all GM's cars. Even if it isn't WHY would you want to NOT have it in the car? It's a no brainer.

Some of the stuff in my sig is for sale if anybody is interested. I'm open to offers.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

^ This

My wifes friend bought a Kia Optima, and that thing had nothing but problems from day 1. Then, like a *******, she went and traded it on a Kia Forte coup cause "They were going to give me more money for it since it was a Kia" and bam, that Kia has been in the shop at least 20 times, if not more, from day 1 and the thing is barely a year old. The 2nd day she had it, it had around 100 miles on it and the heater didn't work. Took it back, they "Fixed" the problem and within a week her power steering went out, fixed that problem, then her engine started leaking oil and on and on. I should ask her if she still has that piece of crap. I dont understand anyone who would want to buy Kia/Hyundai. Thats just my experience with them.

They tried talking me into buying a Kia optima for 13k, but had no power steering and no AC. I ******* laughed my ass off at the guy.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My roommates had a 2004 Hyundia elantra that never had 1 issue. But it was manual doors/windows, no ac, thin doors, shifter was loose and throws were long. A good "beater" but I wouldnt DD it.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM

The interior is such an upgrade on this car
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM

You can say whatever you want. I've seen more of my body style Sonata past 100K miles with no issues than ANY GM garbage churned out by the "giant". My Cobalt was the first new car I've ever bought.....guess how many times it's been at the dealer for crap wrong with it in the 1st year. I have test drove the Malibu right when it came out and waited to drive another one and a new Fusion before going with our Sonata. I got way more car for my money with the Sonata, it looks better, handles way better and yes, it does out run a CTS 3.6, Malibu 3.6, Fusion 3.5 and destroys the new "390hp" Hemi rams. The CTS is a lot heavier and power to weight wins here. The Malibu has a huge design flaw, you hit your ass/hip very easily just trying to get into it. It also has horrible torque steer. My Sonata is better than a Malibu....period....end of story. If it were not, then I wouldn't own one. Go try to buy a Malibu with leather, power everything, V6, good stereo etc for less than 20K new........won't happen.

And just to prove a point, here you go.........a 1LT here local to me.
2012 Malibu 1LT

Another one that's in a much bigger city, Houston with a V6.
2012 Malibu 3.6L LTZ

So, looks to me like GM cars are in General, overpriced POS to me. You go ahead and keep hitting that crack pipe while GM hits you from the back. Sounds like you'll both be very happy.......have fun!!

Last edited by Blk08coupe; 11-14-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blk08coupe
You can say whatever you want. I've seen more of my body style Sonata past 100K miles with no issues than ANY GM garbage churned out by the "giant". My Cobalt was the first new car I've ever bought.....guess how many times it's been at the dealer for crap wrong with it in the 1st year. I have test drove the Malibu right when it came out and waited to drive another one and a new Fusion before going with our Sonata. I got way more car for my money with the Sonata, it looks better, handles way better and yes, it does out run a CTS 3.6, Malibu 3.6, Fusion 3.5 and destroys the new "390hp" Hemi rams. The CTS is a lot heavier and power to weight wins here. The Malibu has a huge design flaw, you hit your ass/hip very easily just trying to get into it. It also has horrible torque steer. My Sonata is better than a Malibu....period....end of story. If it were not, then I wouldn't own one. Go try to buy a Malibu with leather, power everything, V6, good stereo etc for less than 20K new........won't happen.
Your Hyundai is an overpriced piece of Korean garbage made by ******** that have no idea how to build a car in the first place. But keep crying about it, nobody is listening.

I see these cars in the shop EVERY DAY. What don't you understand about that?? You are an ignorant fool if you think Hyundai builds anything resembling quality, they are cheap crap cars designed to make a quick buck off idiots who think they are good cars because they look half decent. Hyundai is getting rich off of fools like you.

I've owned 5 GM cars and 1 Ford. Therefore I can say with 100% accuracy that your statement about your Cobalt (which you probably made up) is 100% false, and you said it just to make you feel better and justify your purchase of that pile of **** Hyundai that will be in the car crusher before 100K miles. Congrats

And no, your piece of **** doen't outrun anything, because it can't move when its rotting on the dealership lot with a blown engine, like the rest of those korean engineered engines. Yet you brag about being able to outrun a Dodge Ram pickup?? Wow, congrats, your car is pathetic!!

You want to know why other cars cost more than Kias and Hyundais?? Because they are real cars designed by real engineers, not World of Warcraft gamers recruited to design cars!! Comparing price is a joke, I can name 100 places where Kia and Hyundai skimp on quality to save a buck. For example, GM and Ford cars use bolt-on hub assemblies, whereas the cheap ass Koreans still use pressed wheel bearings that require close to 4 hours to press in and out!! Its a cheap ass design on a cheap ass car. Also have fun when your cam sensor fails, your exhaust rots off, your oil pan rots out, every gasket known to man starts leaking, your motor mounts break, your window motors fail, and all your caliper pistons end up seizing up. Quality my ass, they are 100% junk.

Thanks for supporting American too, every unemployed American would like to personally thank you for buying a foreign piece of trash Hyundai

Just keep telling yourself your car is good, you know because you watched the Hyundai commercial and they said it was

Originally Posted by leemanfor
^ This

My wifes friend bought a Kia Optima, and that thing had nothing but problems from day 1. Then, like a *******, she went and traded it on a Kia Forte coup cause "They were going to give me more money for it since it was a Kia" and bam, that Kia has been in the shop at least 20 times, if not more, from day 1 and the thing is barely a year old. The 2nd day she had it, it had around 100 miles on it and the heater didn't work. Took it back, they "Fixed" the problem and within a week her power steering went out, fixed that problem, then her engine started leaking oil and on and on. I should ask her if she still has that piece of crap. I dont understand anyone who would want to buy Kia/Hyundai. Thats just my experience with them.

They tried talking me into buying a Kia optima for 13k, but had no power steering and no AC. I ******* laughed my ass off at the guy.
Check out how buttsore this dude is getting because we told him the truth about his piece of **** Hyundai.

He probably lies awake at night crying

I wouldn't take a Kia Optima if it was free. Well, maybe I would, just so I could burn it to the ground in front of blk08coupe

Last edited by 08SSTCRD; 11-14-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-14-2011, 08:46 PM

Like I said, say what you want. My Cobalt was in the shop 4 times within the first year and one of them was for a f*cking roller follower popping out. I've never owned a car that had lifters/followers that just pop out on a whim. So where's the quality now? Or the haloed LNF with it's porous block because GM was too damn cheap to do it here and instead, had it cast in Mexico. Or my 1998 Malibu that dumped coolant into the crankcase at 58k miles. Yeah, really damn fine machinery there. GM stands for General Maintenance. Period....... I only bought the Cobalt because I thought it was a half decent car. I rank it in the same category as a Geo Metro quality wise for the most part. At least I never had near catastrophic engine failure with it (Metro) and I owned it from 158k miles to 226k miles. GM sucks *****, I'll never own another one in the foreseeable future with the exception a Cobalt LNF. And that's a MAYBE. I have my GM muscle car that's getting the only good stuff GM is known for, TH400 and LSx engine.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

Like I said, say what you want. My Cobalt was in the shop 4 times within the first year and one of them was for a f*cking roller follower popping out. I've never owned a car that had lifters/followers that just pop out on a whim. So where's the quality now?
So you are basically the only one this has happened to, yet you act like its a common problem?? There are MILLIONS of Ecotecs on the road, sounds more like you damaged your engine than a design defect.

Or the haloed LNF with it's porous block because GM was too damn cheap to do it here and instead, had it cast in Mexico.
The porus block affected only a small percentage of cars, and GM has willingly replaced entire engines without question. What has Hyundai done about the engine failures and alignment issues that they are unable to fix on the 2011+ Sonotas?? Nothing, and when they send their "engineers" out to see the problem, all they did was prove that they are morons and have no idea whats going on, just like the people that buy the cars. So the cars rot at the dealerships with no solution to any of the hundreds of problems that plague them.

Or my 1998 Malibu that dumped coolant into the crankcase at 58k miles. Yeah, really damn fine machinery there. GM stands for General Maintenance. Period....... I only bought the Cobalt because I thought it was a half decent car. I rank it in the same category as a Geo Metro quality wise for the most part. At least I never had near catastrophic engine failure with it (Metro) and I owned it from 158k miles to 226k miles. GM sucks *****, I'll never own another one in the foreseeable future with the exception a Cobalt LNF. And that's a MAYBE. I have my GM muscle car that's getting the only good stuff GM is known for, TH400 and LSx engine.
Good. And when your piece of **** Hyundai is in the salvage yard before its 5 years old, come back and bitch some more. Some people are chronic complainers, you being the cream of the crop. The grass is always greener on the other side, you bought a piece of **** Korean car, hope you like your dealer, because the car will be spending a lot of time there!!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:25 AM

had a 08 sonata with the 4 cyl...best damn cheap car around

handled like a ******* wave but thats what made the ride so smooth...also good power for a 4 cyl in a big car and had 0 problems with it after i beat the **** out of it
Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM

My thoughts on Hyundai/Kia? If I wanted a car that looked nice, but had the reliability of a Volkswagen, and the feature content of a 100AD Jewish Synagogue, I'd just go get a Yugo or import a Lada Riva. I've heard nothing but problems with those cars, new or old.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Well the Cruze is nothing more than a 2008 model Daewoo. We all remember how long the Daewoo motor corp lasted right? I refuse to own a car with backwards tech in the engine or has any ties to Daewoo in general.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Banned

Well the Cruze is nothing more than a 2008 model Daewoo. We all remember how long the Daewoo motor corp lasted right? I refuse to own a car with backwards tech in the engine or has any ties to Daewoo in general.
You are clueless.

Cruze has nothing to do with Daewoo.

You are thinking of the Aveo, which is a facelifted Daewoo.

As for Daewoo, which everyone knows its garbage, they are Korean. Thats right, Korea, just like Kia/Hyundai. Difference is Hyunda hired designers to make their crap look nice, but its still the same piece of **** underneath.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Daewoo was Korea's idea of a cheaply built cheap car. It didn't last long on it's own, but that didn't stop GM from buying them out.
Ignorance must be bliss these days. All you ignorant and blindly loyal GM huggers.

Since 2008, the "Cruze" nameplate has referred to a globally developed, designed and manufactured four-door compact sedan, which was complemented by a five-door hatchback body variant in 2011.

Badged Holden Cruze in Australasia and Daewoo Lacetti Premiere (from 2008 to 2011) in South Korea, the new generation model does not serve as a replacement for its identically badged predecessor, but rather replaces the Chevrolet Cobalt and Daewoo Lacetti compact sedans. GM phased out production of the Chevrolet Cobalt and its badged engineered counterpart, the Pontiac G5 in 2010, on the introduction of the Chevrolet Cruze in North America.

Underpinned by the front-wheel drive GM Delta II platform, GM has confirmed the Cruze development program occurred under a global design and engineering team. Most of the design work was conducted by GM Daewoo (now GM Korea), with GM's Opel division responsible for most of the engineering.This development program spanned over 27 months at a cost of US$4 billion. A total of 221 prototypes were tested in Australia, Canada, China, South Korea, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Engines fitted to the Cruze are the 1.6-liter Family 1 inline-four, a 1.8-liter version of the same, and a 2.0-liter VM Motori VCDi turbocharged common rail diesel. All three engines are coupled to a five-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic transmission featuring Active Select. When the Cruze launched in the United States in 2010, a new 1.4-liter Family 0 turbocharged gasoline engine was introduced. North American models fitted with the 1.8-liter gasoline engine have also been upgraded to a standard six-speed manual.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_1_engine#LXV

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_0_engine

Again GM can't make a decent small car on it's own. Has to let others do it for them. Kinda strange how Daewoo is now GM/Daewoo isn't it? Strange how the old Daewoo cars used the same craptastic "Family One" engines as does current GM offerings. Piles of crap. And to compare anything designed/made by Daewoo to Hyundai/Kia is just........well stupid.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Banned

Daewoo was Korea's idea of a cheaply built cheap car. It didn't last long on it's own, but that didn't stop GM from buying them out.
Ignorance must be bliss these days. All you ignorant and blindly loyal GM huggers.
No, you just read things on the internet and then pretend to be an expert. You are wrong. Again.

Since 2008, the "Cruze" nameplate has referred to a globally developed, designed and manufactured four-door compact sedan, which was complemented by a five-door hatchback body variant in 2011.
#1 reason why you are wrong:

A globally developed and manufactured four door sedan and hatch is not rebadged 2008 Daewoo. Implying that just shows hoiw ignorant you are, or that your reading comprehension level is that if a 1st grader.

You pulled all this crap off of Wikipedia. If you are going to make an ass out of yourself, at least use a reliable source for your information!!

Underpinned by the front-wheel drive GM Delta II platform, GM has confirmed the Cruze development program occurred under a global design and engineering team. Most of the design work was conducted by GM Daewoo (now GM Korea), with GM's Opel division responsible for most of the engineering.This development program spanned over 27 months at a cost of US$4 billion. A total of 221 prototypes were tested in Australia, Canada, China, South Korea, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Reason #2 why you are wrong:

The car is GLOBALLY designed and engineered. Its not a "Daewoo" any more than its a Holden or Opel. Its a world car - designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold in markets all accross the world. Why is that so hard for you to understand??

Again GM can't make a decent small car on it's own. Has to let others do it for them. Kinda strange how Daewoo is now GM/Daewoo isn't it? Strange how the old Daewoo cars used the same craptastic "Family One" engines as does current GM offerings. Piles of crap. And to compare anything designed/made by Daewoo to Hyundai/Kia is just........well stupid.
Reason #3 why you are wrong:

Let others do it for them?? What don't you understand about GM is a GLOBAL company these days. They engineer, design, and build cars all over the world. Its still GM, they didn't hire some outside company to make the car and then rebadge it!! You are clueless.

The engines are crap you say?? LOL, base on what, something you read on the internet Mr. basement sofa engineer?? The 1.4 turbo features 4 valves per cylinder, sodium filled intake valves, forged connecting rods, variable valve timing, cast aluminum oil pan, and timing chain driven valvetrain. And it gets 42MPG and has a torque curve like a diesel. Real garbage

Hyundai's attempt to build a turbo engine?? The 2.0T Sonotas are proving to be unreliable pieces of ****. They are spending more time at the dealer service department then they are on the road, they are blowing up and breaking down left and right. Open your eyes and do some research before you run your mouth.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Turbo > Cruze ECO