2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Dropping the Balt for a Cruze

Old 12-16-2010, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dropping the Balt for a Cruze

Yeah, I'm really looking into it. A salesman and I are going to crunch some numbers this Friday. Hopefully, it works out in my favor. I have had nothing but problems with this piece of **** Cobalt. My warranty is up, and I have another 5 and a half years to worry about it.

I felt sick the first couple times I had to get warranty work done, now, I just want out.

Anyone ever try a Cruze out?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres enough room to sit behind the engine and hide

I would say if ZZP didn't have there cruze lol that you should be up there first up there to be the test fit car

...To answer your question, I haven't really looked into the cruze that much but people do say that the interior is much better then the balts

other than that i heard its pretty nice
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM

Imo you'll feel the difference in power bigtime but am in the same path you are man...i kno how it feels lol. but am not staying with chevy thats for sure...am looking more into 07+ Zs.
the cruze is a very nice looking car and the interior is crazy sick i love it. but they make no power, hopefully in time zzp or other sellers start making some power outta them. they look good tho
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM

go get it
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 AM

I will see what can be done for me. I have been to the dealership over 35 times since May. No exaggeration. I want a stick shift Cruze, white or black, for cheaper payments than I have now... I think I'll lease it. I would look at other car makes, I just don't know how flexible they would be with my Ally loan balance.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

You still have FIVE AND HALF YEARS to pay on your cobalt?!?!?! What is it made of gold?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 AM

I bought it Certified Pre-Owned. Its an 06 with 30,000 miles. The salesman told me incorrect information, said my warranty was 5 year/100,000 miles- and that it starts when I buy it. After we sign papers, they tell me I have only a year or 11,000 left.... I **** a brick. I was lied to. Their excuse was "he's new".

MMMM no.

I have low payments, but I'm unhappy. I don't see myself wanting to pay out of pocket expenses for this Cobalt SS (Super Shitbox)
Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 AM

unless your debt to income ratio is high i wouldnt worry about it as long as your credit logs are green then your good (green meaning on time payments) you have to do what makes you happy and if getting the car makes you happy then do it but dont second guess yourself, a car isnt like a pair of shoes that if you dont like it you can exchange them, you get it your stuck with it for a while.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:40 AM

I have a pretty good debt to income ratio. If you exclude the car, its about 20.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 AM

when i bought my cobalt, the salesman insisted I get a extended warranty or the finance company wouldn't take me. So I was like okay whatever and turns out the warranty only lasted like 4 yrs or 72k miles, Im at 64k miles......hadn't had the car for more than a year and paid a couple grand for that warranty.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I drove one to fill it up the other day. Ride was alright, obviously power is non existant, we haven't seen yet for any problems which is good. I don't like the looks but from the inside you don't see that.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by moranjames89
when i bought my cobalt, the salesman insisted I get a extended warranty or the finance company wouldn't take me. So I was like okay whatever and turns out the warranty only lasted like 4 yrs or 72k miles, Im at 64k miles......hadn't had the car for more than a year and paid a couple grand for that warranty.
Sounds like a ploy to get more profit out of you as I can't think of any major lender that would require a service contract as a condition of lending. The good news is that if you haven't used your service contract for anything, by law in most states and according to many policies you can usually cancel it and receive a pro-rated refund. You might want to check with them and see if you can get any of your money back.

Unless you're trying to buy an automaker's service contract (i.e. one backed by GM, Ford, etc.) you're normally best off buying one later by shopping outside of a dealer. Even if you wanted to wrap one into a loan I'd still shop and find one by yourself and have the dealer add it into the final loan (such as how some people finance wheels, accessories, and so on into their loan at time of signing).
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 PM

If they will match my payments, I'll do it. We shall see.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Nacademus
I will see what can be done for me. I have been to the dealership over 35 times since May. No exaggeration. I want a stick shift Cruze, white or black, for cheaper payments than I have now... I think I'll lease it. I would look at other car makes, I just don't know how flexible they would be with my Ally loan balance.
Don't lease the car. If you lease it you will end up screwed in the long run.

I bought it Certified Pre-Owned. Its an 06 with 30,000 miles. The salesman told me incorrect information, said my warranty was 5 year/100,000 miles- and that it starts when I buy it. After we sign papers, they tell me I have only a year or 11,000 left.... I **** a brick. I was lied to. Their excuse was "he's new".

MMMM no.

I have low payments, but I'm unhappy. I don't see myself wanting to pay out of pocket expenses for this Cobalt SS (Super Shitbox)
Anytime I talk to anyone anymore (car dealer, mortgage, etc.), I have a digital recorder and I record everything. A verbal contract is just as binding as a written contract as long as you have proof.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Premium Member

MMMM no.

Damn thats fucked up

Drop the balt and get the cruze. You have your bikes for speed
Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by rnjmur
Don't lease the car. If you lease it you will end up screwed in the long run.

Anytime I talk to anyone anymore (car dealer, mortgage, etc.), I have a digital recorder and I record everything. A verbal contract is just as binding as a written contract as long as you have proof.
You have to tell them you are recording you know that right? and you still have to have a signed contract saying they knew and that you could use it in court if need be.

Any good lawyer would have that evidence thrown out in a heartbeat.

Anyway Really don't lease the car. leases are jokes. You have to pay for even the smallest damage to be fixed can't mod it and all those other down sides haha
Old 12-16-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Godly
You have to tell them you are recording you know that right? and you still have to have a signed contract saying they knew and that you could use it in court if need be.

Anyway Really don't lease the car. leases are jokes. You have to pay for even the smallest damage to be fixed can't mod it and all those other down sides haha
Ill see about buying it then, that's a good point. I like to drive for hobby as well, this 18,000 mile limit a year would shackle me. Also, I want the ECO version... i think hymermiling is awesome- made a few Joe Cells in my day. I greatly look forward to being less effected when the gas prices hit 4.20/gal again. That was shitty. I lived in Columbus and had to drive home on occasion in my Riv. At 55mph i used only 3.8 gallons from Brunswick to Columbus... but that's sloooooow.

God, I miss that car. I honest to goodness do. I can't believe I did what I did and traded it in on this shitbox.
It was in a TOTALLLLY different class.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 PM

Do us a favor and post your VIn so we don't accidentally buy your lemon.

Speaking of lemon, how have you not claimed this thing under Lemon Law yet, or is that only for new?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=Godly;5440395]You have to tell them you are recording you know that right? and you still have to have a signed contract saying they knew and that you could use it in court if need be.

here in canada you can use recordings... and you don't have to tell them you are recording them because tecnically you are recording yourself... that being said... you have to get them to insist that you are lying after they openly admitted on recording that the salesman fucked up. it can't be used for gain but it can be used to defend against accusations made against you... so if they insist that the salesman never told you that after they just told you the salesman fucked up you are golden in court because the recoridng clearly shows that they are accusing you of lying about getting screwed
Old 12-16-2010, 02:15 PM

1G1AP11P667647898
Old 12-16-2010, 05:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Godly

Depends on the state. In Missouri only one party has to consent to recording.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:05 PM

So,let me get this straight.You have a crappy GM economy car that you have had nothing but problems with,you now want to jump into the new,first year run GM economy car that replaced the crappy one you have now.How does this make sense to you?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:09 PM

good deal man, Cruze is a vastly superior vehicle! Make it happen if u can afford it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dropping the Balt for a Cruze