2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

cruze in trouble already

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cruze in trouble already

Is The Cruze In Trouble? | The Truth About Cars
the car has only been out for a couple months thou. id like to see this chart in a year or 2 to really make things fair.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be people are waiting to see how the Cruze pans out before buying one because of the Shity Cobalts it's replacing
Old 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM

New cars always start slow. Honestly I never really see commercials for the Cruze. You see tons for the Civic and Corolla.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:17 PM

^^^ lucky... up here in canuckville we see them during every commercial break. and its always the same one... i think it mostly has to do with it being a new vehicle. once the car has been out for a little while all the sheeple are going to start buying them.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:37 PM

I didn't even know what a Cobalt was until my friend's sister drove up in one /facepalm
Old 12-10-2010, 03:41 PM

I give it time as well. The Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla have been known to be "reliable" to people for years. This Cruze is a new name that still needs to be recognized. Give it a year and they will come. I'm sure it will be even more accessorized and the prices will be more negotiable as well. The salesmen are being fairly tight on the price.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:41 PM

when Conan is giving away Christmas tree air fresheners wrapped in Chevy Cruzes...... it's not a good sign
Old 12-10-2010, 04:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
as nice as it might be its still a chevy small car and its always going to be under scrutiny.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 PM

if chevy doesnt start throwing more money into marketing the cruze then its going to have the same fate as the cobalt. people didnt even know that the 08+ cobalts came turbo'd and is the fastest fwd car around the NURBURGRING (last time i checked with full interior. the renault is completely stripped and has plastic windows and a roll cage lol) but they better start putting out more adds. the cruze seems like a great start over the base cobalts.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eurasianman
I didn't even know what a Cobalt was until my friend's sister drove up in one /facepalm
Lol
Old 12-11-2010, 01:36 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
The car is too expensive for what it is. Nobody wants to pay 25 thousand dollars for an entry-level GM economy car that can't even get out of it's own way.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:49 PM

well the cruze is doing pretty good in mexico i live in a border town and well i see chevy cruze everywhere i already seen one dropped with a nice sound system and some nice rims and the car looks nice i think nicer the the balt
Old 12-11-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by arkkornkid
when Conan is giving away Christmas tree air fresheners wrapped in Chevy Cruzes...... it's not a good sign
lmao maybe... but I saw this..
"This seems to reinforce the conclusion drawn by the WSJ’s Dan Neil who wrote of the Cruze

But I’m sorry to say Chevrolet’s compact car of tomorrow feels more like its car of this afternoon, about 3:48 p.m. This is a car of quickly expiring market advantages."

An i agrees, Chevy has been talkin bout movin this car for a while an after all the hype... The LTZ Cruze is nice but..... eh.. just ok
Like one of those cars you check out at the dealership an play with the doors an stuff before you walk over an buy a camaro (or cobalt!! )

An after drivin it, honestly I'd still go with an Civic Si or a Kia Forte Koupé

If they come out with an SS or performance model like they were talkin bout one time, then I might be leanin more toward it
Old 12-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Just wait till all the 2010 Cobalts get sold off, people are buying those instead of the Cruzes because of the price.

Only the die-hards will buy the Cruzes till that happens, I'd expect sales to pickup by the third quarter of 2011.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
now chevy should keep the cruze around for more than 5 years, say like 30 years so they can perfect it and make that **** right for a change. their cars are never around long enough to work all the bugs out, except for say the corvette, and thats a great car, why? cause its been around for so long. if they would start doing that with their smaller cars, they would have awesome cars.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
now chevy should keep the cruze around for more than 5 years, say like 30 years so they can perfect it and make that **** right for a change. their cars are never around long enough to work all the bugs out, except for say the corvette, and thats a great car, why? cause its been around for so long. if they would start doing that with their smaller cars, they would have awesome cars.
I wish I lived in a world where this car...

Looked like this car...

Same body, transmission, engine, **** even the electrical is the same!

They just kept the name genius.

But I guess if changing everything was "working the bugs" out, then I suppose you're right.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:25 PM

The cruze gets great reviews for materials, build quality, and space. But the magazines and car reviewers are united in saying it's just shockingly underpowered. They also don't understand why GM is making it with 2 motors with not really any advantage in HP, fuel economy, or acceleration between the 2.

GM needs to do a SERIOUS reality check and drop the 2.2LAP back in the entire line, and the LNF motor in a higher line model. And they better do this really soon before it becomes the punchline of the compact car market. Sure the Corolla and Civic are not fast either, but that doesn't mean the Chevy compact should be a "me too" car. They should give you something these 2 imports can't, something all Americans like...Horsepower.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jookycola
The cruze gets great reviews for materials, build quality, and space. But the magazines and car reviewers are united in saying it's just shockingly underpowered. They also don't understand why GM is making it with 2 motors with not really any advantage in HP, fuel economy, or acceleration between the 2.

GM needs to do a SERIOUS reality check and drop the 2.2LAP back in the entire line, and the LNF motor in a higher line model. And they better do this really soon before it becomes the punchline of the compact car market. Sure the Corolla and Civic are not fast either, but that doesn't mean the Chevy compact should be a "me too" car. They should give you something these 2 imports can't, something all Americans like...Horsepower.
I would not give up my 1.4t for a 2.2 any day of the week. The low end torque feels great, this is what the cobalt SHOULD have been
Old 01-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by denlou
I wish I lived in a world where this car...

Looked like this car...

Same body, transmission, engine, **** even the electrical is the same!

They just kept the name genius.

But I guess if changing everything was "working the bugs" out, then I suppose you're right.
yes they change everything in the car every 5 years, change it to a diff car, of course over 40 years it will be totally different, but they make a name for the car with people, and it gets a following, and people make more parts for them, and so on, u know what i mean
Old 01-01-2011, 12:52 AM

I have yet to see one on the rd. The polished alum on the doors I make thoese that was one of the only cruzes I have seen was the one gm brought down to show off. My boss walked me up there and make me keep my hands behind my back. Maybe 10 yrs from now they will be like and the cobalt is makeing a come back.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:04 AM

It beat out the Mazda3, Forte and Impreza which imo are better cars.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Fail Less.

Originally Posted by Jookycola

I agree that there is no point to having 2 engines with identical output.

For most people, Fuel economy > Horsepower. This car isn't targeted to the boy racer set that comprises the majority of this forum.

I think the Cruze is priced out of its market. $20k+ for an econobox? No thanks.
GM = too little, too late. Again.

Originally Posted by tomj77
yes they change everything in the car every 5 years, change it to a diff car, of course over 40 years it will be totally different, but they make a name for the car with people, and it gets a following, and people make more parts for them, and so on, u know what i mean
You mean what they did with the J-body platform? Keep a car for 23 years with only 3 design changes. We all see how much of a following the cavaliers had.
Most intelligent car manufacturers will axe a car after 5 or 6 years because it gets stale and the technology gets outdated. There is no point in keeping a nameplate around for that long for an economy car. You can't compare the life cycle of these cars to the Corvette. These aren't flagship performance icons with a rich history.

Last edited by Bika; 01-01-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: I feel like it
Old 01-01-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bika
There is no point in keeping a nameplate around for that long for an economy car.
Corolla 1966+, Civic 1973+......
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Fail Less.

of course. I did think of the Civic after i posted that but figured nobody would point out those exceptions LOL Still not in the same realm of GM small cars. They actually had quality and good stigma attached to the names. Civic was an important name plate because it was the first economy fwd import which led a shift toward smaller, economical, fwd cars. Corolla was just epic back in the day. AE86? nom.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My boss has been driving the 1.4 turbo cruze for awhile. he has been taking it easy for 2000 miles and his average mpg's is only 26. My cobalt has never been reset and it's at 27 average. I don't think it's going to be the big hit GM was wanting. The one GM guy I talked with sId it would take time because people will be scared of the turbo economy car because of the shitty turbo cars they remember from the 80's.

Quick Reply: cruze in trouble already