2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Dropping the Balt for a Cruze

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy Baldone
So,let me get this straight.You have a crappy GM economy car that you have had nothing but problems with,you now want to jump into the new,first year run GM economy car that replaced the crappy one you have now.How does this make sense to you?
cruze is not on its first year run. it was launched in Europe way before america.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^
this is not the Cruzes first year. and very smart move dump the Cobalt before it nickle and dimes you to death when it's out of warrenty. I had a 08 Cobalt POS and I dumped it 6 months ago because the warrenty was just about over and traded it in on a 2010 Colorado pick up, funny thing is it's still sitting on the dealers lot with the other Cobalts new & used.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:54 AM

Test drove. Don't like. Makes me feel like a ******. Moving on...
Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 AM

I think I'll get an HHR instead.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Nacademus
I hope you're kidding.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:27 AM

Ummm. You do realize it's the same platform as the Cobalt right? Same engine, ect. You WILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUES. Don't be retarded. Do some more research on what you're buying. So you don't end up in the same posistion you are in now.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by cmatthewb101
Ummm. You do realize it's the same platform as the Cobalt right? Same engine, ect. You WILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUES. Don't be retarded. Do some more research on what you're buying. So you don't end up in the same posistion you are in now.
I do realize that. I am not retarded. I just think my car was built on a Friday.

Either way. They won't give me what I want on trade-in yet, so I can't bring myself to do it. PLUS, I washed her yesterday... fell in love again. DAMNIT!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:52 AM

Didn't mean any offense. Cobalts are hit or a miss. These cars like yours, that have every defect known to man. Everything rattles, ect. Then theres some that go 100k miles, with no issues at all. Damn entry level eco-boxes

If you don't mind me asking, what do you want on trade in? And what did they offer you?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by cmatthewb101

Didn't mean any offense. Cobalts are hit or a miss. These cars like yours, that have every defect known to man. Everything rattles, ect. Then theres some that go 100k miles, with no issues at all. Damn entry level eco-boxes

If you don't mind me asking, what do you want on trade in? And what did they offer you?
They offered me 8500... and that's after I talked them up and fought tooth and nail. They also demanded my other set of wheels as well as my steel wheels to help them sell it-**** em. KBB and NADA trade-in is a grand and more higher. They rated it at fair-good. Its excellent. How could they do a proper appraisal at night, while its covered in road salt on steelies? Beats me. I want more, wasn't offered more, so I'm walking. May get a Taurus, depending on the discounts offered.

I took too great of care of my car to let her go out for 8500, and roll over my debt. Not worth it.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM

there are SOOOO many better options than the cruze and... hhr.

why not test drive a sentrea se-r? or a honda crz (yes, a hybrid, and it has more ***** than a cruze)

you could try a kia forte koup sx (awesome car), a scion tc (toyota engines last quite some time), or if you want american get... um.... well idk many good reliable american compacts.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
there are SOOOO many better options than the cruze and... hhr.

why not test drive a sentrea se-r? or a honda crz (yes, a hybrid, and it has more ***** than a cruze)

you could try a kia forte koup sx (awesome car), a scion tc (toyota engines last quite some time), or if you want american get... um.... well idk many good reliable american compacts.
lol. Touche'

I don't have alliance toward make anymore, the dealership experience tarnished that for me. I have been looking at some foreign cars, kinda want to keep it around 22-23 grand MAX.

I also want incentives to pull me out from under the SS's loan.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:27 AM

ford impressed me with the new ford edge, got it as a rental right now while the cobalts in the shop...u looked into ford at all?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:27 AM

Just checked the CR-Z... I gotta tell ya, I'm feelin it.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by slobalt22
ford impressed me with the new ford edge, got it as a rental right now while the cobalts in the shop...u looked into ford at all?
Yeah. I love the Taurus. I'd get it if the incentive was there.

The Cruze... when I test drove it... I guess the best way to describe it was that it felt... neutered, if that makes sense. I want to avoid that feeling a little lol.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:36 AM

the cr-z is still slow, but its apparently more fun to drive. its also got a 6 speed and the interior looks awesome. someone already managed to k-swap a crz as well so if the mod bug bites you hard one day that will be an option.

if your looking around 22-23K for a car, then heres what you should check out/ test drive
06+ civic si
newer sentra ser spec v
scion tc
genesis coupe 2.0T r spec
2011 v6 mustang (i dunno if theyre around that price but close i think)
mazdaspeed 3
etc etc etc. gotta go look.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:45 AM

Hell, I'll go check all of these out tonight lol.

I like the CR-Z though... thought they were more expensive.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Nacademus;5447292]I do realize that. I am not retarded. I just think my car was built on a Friday.

Then I guess all Cobalts where built on a Friday
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=demento;5447494]
I do realize that. I am not retarded. I just think my car was built on a Friday.

Then I guess all Cobalts where built on a Friday

HAHA! Had I known then what I know now, I would have not even considered the Cobalt. They just seem cheaply built and problematic-duh, econobox. I just want out of that. I am over the quick acceleration and cornering ability. I don't need that on my 20 mile, straight-on drive to work.
On a side note that is entirely unrelated:
I finally decided on a name for her, its funny, because I couldn't think of one-and I always name my machines. It was always "the *****" for the SS. But now, Sheila is what sticks. I think that fits well. IDK why I chose that one. Since I've settled on that name, it seems to be running fine, performing correctly, everything. Its really really weird.

What I've struggled with was something more of superstition. I was afraid that something terrible is going to go wrong with it and I'll be paying a car payment on a blown car. But then again I fight with myself on the contrary... what IF this car turns out to be the best car I've ever owned? What IF its reliable, lasts for a looooong time, remains cheaply maintained, keeps me happy, and better yet, saves me money in the long run.

Its a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC. I know its 4 or 5 years old already. I got it with 31,000 miles, notw its got 43,400 miles on it now-in only 6 months. I love the LSD, I love the supercharger whine, I love the punk sumbitches pulling up next to me in their Scions and SRT4s trying to get attention from me so they can prove that they have pubic hair. I like it all.

I just don't like the little tiny things that this car does to me. Its like a totally different car 3 times a week... that's what's been worrying me.

Now, is that worth an extra hundred bucks a week to get out of????? That is another question.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Keep the SS you wont regret it just take care of it and it will take care of you! for the most part
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 PM

I do take care of it... its just one thing after another though.

Are these engines naturally noisy? Sometimes I hear a chatter at idle. Its not the cam chain tensioner or the exhaust cam position sensor and housing.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are these engines naturally noisy? Sometimes I hear a chatter at idle. Its not the cam chain tensioner or the exhaust cam position sensor and housing.
Yes, the motors are noisy.

If you hear a rattle at idle, it is probably the SC. The coupler is made from a polymer and it wears out. Nothing to really worry about, and it is a pretty easy fix if it gets real bad.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Fail Less.

clutch throw out bearing. push in the clutch. if the noise goes away / gets much quieter, thats it.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:21 PM

Just checked the CR-Z... I gotta tell ya, I'm feelin it.
If by "it" you actually mean "***** in your mouth"...then yes, get a CR-Z.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
If by "it" you actually mean "***** in your mouth"...then yes, get a CR-Z.
Sorry I didn't look at a car that proves that I like girls.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:49 PM

Sorry I didn't look at a car that proves that I like girls.
If you're honestly considering a CR-Z...just get a Mini Cooper. At least then you don't have to say I drive a 2 seater hybrid that can be outrun by a conversion van. Honestly, I loved the idea of the CR-Z till I found out was an awful hybrid that could barely get better MPG than a MINI or a Fiesta. Honda should have just put a better motor in it like the base civic motor and saved 200 lbs worth of hybrid bullshit and would have been just as efficient (if not more efficient)...and better performing. I'm sorry but the CR-Z is a fail.

Quick Reply: Dropping the Balt for a Cruze