2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Dropping the Balt for a Cruze

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
If you're honestly considering a CR-Z...just get a Mini Cooper. At least then you don't have to say I drive a 2 seater hybrid that can be outrun by a conversion van. Honestly, I loved the idea of the CR-Z till I found out was an awful hybrid that could barely get better MPG than a MINI or a Fiesta. Honda should have just put a better motor in it like the base civic motor and saved 200 lbs worth of hybrid bullshit and would have been just as efficient (if not more efficient)...and better performing. I'm sorry but the CR-Z is a fail.
agreed 110% +1.

Honestly, I went from a problem filled 05 SS/SC modded 2.7, 60's full bolt ons to a brand new (purchased by myself, not parents) 09 SS/TC, had GMS1 installed a few friendly mods and at 26,400 have had no mechanical issues. I took it in before storing her for the winter and had the headliner adjusted, my emergency flasher button on dash fixed and power steer recall done.

Honestly, for a car thats basic design was from 1999-2003, I'm okay with those few issues. I bought the relatively fuel efficient, great handling, fast for the price vehicle for its performance and that its a 2door coupe. I knew if I took care of her and treated her with some TLC she'd treat me well and she has. Everything was covered under warranty, no cost to myself.

If you want a SPORT compact, the Cruze is not for you. If you want an all around excellent commuter car, Cruze is PERFECT! You probably test drove the torqueless 1.8L, go back to dealer and test drive a 2LT 1.4L Turbo with either 6speed transmission then come and repost. You should have a different point of view, if not do tell us whats been smoked

good luck with your vehicle and future car purchases