2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Hahn PPC Tuner

Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahn PPC Tuner

Anyone tried this?

http://www.turbosystem.com/ProjectVe...S-TC%20PPC.htm
Old 04-16-2009, 08:18 PM

just get the trifecta tune. only 285shipped for more power
Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM

lol is that an audi that the girl is tuning?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by floppy
We have them at www.TurboTechRacing.com for a bit cheaper. The nice part about this that OTHER brands do not offer is online calabration updates, as you get more mods, new calabration files come around. Also this is SPECIFIC to your car and vin number, unlike a generic programer... It is a very sophisticated unit, we have sold many already.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:11 PM

i have it and no issues since last august
Old 04-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor

Very nice!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trifecta data logs and dials in the tune as well via online..

woa deja vu.....

anyways.

its all up to you and your preference man.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 PM

i'd say go with trifecta... just because it is WAY cheaper... but hahn DOES make some really good ****..... and they are very cautious about NOT hurting you car i believe
Old 04-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Anybody deal with the Trifecta dealer in Denver? Will they allow me to buy the tune then bring it back later if I add more mods or is a separate charge everytime I bring it in to them?
Old 04-19-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSSilver
Anybody deal with the Trifecta dealer in Denver? Will they allow me to buy the tune then bring it back later if I add more mods or is a separate charge everytime I bring it in to them?
i believe you just tell them what more you do to it and they will tune it for the mods you add for no charge... correct me if i'm wrong
Old 04-19-2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by lecznar1
i believe you just tell them what more you do to it and they will tune it for the mods you add for no charge... correct me if i'm wrong
It says on their site that they will "retune" for more mods for the regular price minus 15%
Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM

HP Tuners is the ULTIMATE way to go! Find a "QUALITY" tuner to custom tailor a tune to your specific vehicle!

Old 04-19-2009, 02:52 PM

I'm sick of people just coming in and say "go with Trifecta"...I'm all for Trifectia...but I'd like to know some more information about all the competitors before I make my decision. Bump for any Hahn PPC user reviews...

Hahn makes EXTREMELY good products and have some of the best people around, so it would be good to just get a little more real-world perspectives on their product...

...but we get it already...Trifecta is cheaper and has worked well for others....lol
Old 04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by satellite
I'm sick of people just coming in and say "go with Trifecta"...I'm all for Trifectia...but I'd like to know some more information about all the competitors before I make my decision. Bump for any Hahn PPC user reviews...

Hahn makes EXTREMELY good products and have some of the best people around, so it would be good to just get a little more real-world perspectives on their product...

...but we get it already...Trifecta is cheaper and has worked well for others....lol
Exactly, this thread needs to be cleaned up, it is ONLY about Hahn's PPC tuner... It is way off topic...
Old 04-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

id like to more aswell......but honestly i would like a real comparison between the ppc tuner and the hp tuners program.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

Its all personal preference. People go with trifecta because of the price and reviews. I have not heard anything bad about the PPC tuner though. The price is what is holding it back. The product quality is surley top notch though.

But greater than both is a good dyno tune using HP Tuners.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Exactly, this thread needs to be cleaned up, it is ONLY about Hahn's PPC tuner... It is way off topic...
Going to get mad because we dont like your precious HAHN tuner! C'mon it's a thread about the product, we all have right to our opinions.

HP Tuners is all around better than the PPC. Sorry to burst your bubble!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:21 PM

one thing to like something better and comment.

something totally different to like something else and bash others.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1badBlueberrySC
Going to get mad because we dont like your precious HAHN tuner! C'mon it's a thread about the product, we all have right to our opinions.

HP Tuners is all around better than the PPC. Sorry to burst your bubble!
What are you talking about? Look at the title and first post? It is about the Hahn PPC tuner...

Not any other product...

It is not our "tuner" we dont come in threads about "terifica SPECIFIC" and state Hahn is better do we? No, because each thread has their own topic...

So this one is only about the PPC, so if you have other questions about other tuners, feel free to make a new thread.

Plus, we did not initially post "this thread is off topic" we quoted and agreed to someone... So why the rage against us?

And we would agree that HP tuners will ALWAYS be the best choice, HOWEVER not everyone has access to a dyno or a good tuner...
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 1badBlueberrySC
HP Tuners is the ULTIMATE way to go! Find a "QUALITY" tuner to custom tailor a tune to your specific vehicle!

best post in thread

PPC over trifecta anyday tho
Old 04-19-2009, 03:30 PM

The BSR tuner that Hahn sells was the first one out for the Solstice/Sky LNF 2.0. I know I was the test car. I own an 07 GXP along with my HHRSS and have used the BSR tune in both of them. Two years ago the guys on the Solstice forum was begging HP Tuners to crack the PCM and they finelly did it but I don't think they make much more HP than the BSR, depends on the tuner. Sure it cost more but if you look at the results it is well worth it, plus you can go back to stock in 48 seconds with the PPC, plus it is compatable with most bolt ons. Here is a page from Hahn Racecraft showing what the BSR with add ons can do. It all depends on how you are going to mod. your car.

Cobalt--http://www.turbosystem.com/ProjectVehicles/New_Folder/Cobalt/CobaltSS-TC.htm

HHR--Mine--http://www.turbosystem.com/New_Folder/HHR%20SS.htm
Old 04-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fast HHRSS
The BSR tuner that Hahn sells was the first one out for the Solstice/Sky LNF 2.0. I know I was the test car. I own an 07 GXP along with my HHRSS and have used the BSR tune in both of them. Two years ago the guys on the Solstice forum was begging HP Tuners to crack the PCM and they finelly did it but I don't think they make much more HP than the BSR, depends on the tuner. Sure it cost more but if you look at the results it is well worth it, plus you can go back to stock in 48 seconds with the PPC, plus it is compatable with most bolt ons. Here is a page from Hahn Racecraft showing what the BSR with add ons can do. It all depends on how you are going to mod. your car.

Cobalt--http://www.turbosystem.com/ProjectVehicles/New_Folder/Cobalt/CobaltSS-TC.htm

HHR--Mine--http://www.turbosystem.com/New_Folder/HHR%20SS.htm
Good review, of a member having this first hand, for a long term...
Old 04-20-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Good review, of a member having this first hand, for a long term...
I have had Hahn BSR tune since Sep, 08 no problems. performance is excellent also. trust it more because of the amount of time they have been tuning direct injection boosted cars.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:06 AM

I have had the PPC tuner for appx. 14,000 miles now. (I drive a LOT)

Firstly, I have had no CEL's or any other issues with it. NLS still works great also. My miles per gallon has actually increased by 1 (using the cars logged avg) from when it was stock.
I also did what I call "Matt's Factory Airbox Mod".
The midrange torque is phenomenal!! Sometimes it's fun to just be cruising in 2nd around 2K rpm. I just mash the gas and a very slight turbo lag second later I hear this extremely loud screech as the tires break loose. It can actually break them loose at only part throttle. The boost climbs right up pretty quickly.
Oh and passing power? It's got it. It's no trouble at all to just leave it in 5th and hit the gas a bit. Before I realize it I look down and see triple digits. It really sneaks up! The power delivery is very smooth.
I DO recommend that you do something about the intake. I did a factory airbox mod as I said before and it really helped actually. It seemed like it struggled a bit in the high rpms. I freed up the breathing a bit and now it doesn't quit climbing hard until you hit redline. It's awesome.
I still can't get over the midrange torque though. It's nasty!

So why did I choose the PPC? A few reasons...

One is I'm impatient and at the time it was pretty much all that was available.
Two is that I don't live in an area with tuners that I would trust. (knowing this made it easy to just get it as opposed to waiting for competitors to release theirs) As someone else said BSR has been tuning DI Turbo engines in Europe for years. They have plenty of experience.
I trust Hahn a lot more than many tuners to stand behind it and take care of me as a customer if something isn't going well with it.
Plus, the fact that I can go back to stock at any time. Update via the internet, etc. I know competitors also allow you to return to stock, etc.

So, would I use Trifeca? Sure I would. It was just my choice to use the Hahn PPC tuner and I can tell you after 14,000 miles logged on the tune... I don't regret it a bit.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:18 AM

I also have the Hahn PPC and am very pleased with the performance and the increase in miles per gallon (this was a welcome surprise). I purchased mine so that I could go back to stock for a visit to the dealer. However, I have not had to visit him. I have had no codes or any other problems. I believe I bought a great product.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hahn PPC Tuner