2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Impressions after header install...

Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impressions after header install...

LIKE OMG!

OK so I had my Pacesetter header installed today. I am VERY impressed with the results. I mean, I havent reset my computer yet, but I drove to work and was in 2nd gear doing 40 and punch it, when I get to about 6000 RPM my tires come off the ground.... Did I mention is FREAKING DRY OUT! I have never had that happen before. To be honest it very slight, but its like 1 tire comes off and starts to slip. Its freaking sick!

The dood I took it to, did all custom ****. You can see it in the pics below. He added a new flex pipe, and shortened the downpipe. It looks really professional, especially when looking at it while under the lift.

Now I do seem to get more knock then I did before. Like before the header install I was almost 0 knock at all times, even at 7 K. Now I havent checked it recently, but that was like 2 months ago. Now w/ the header and me checking it, I see 1-2 degrees of knock up high in the RPM's. I dont know if this is because of the header or of this can be because my copper BRK7e's might need replacing? I mean I also havent reset my Computer yet, so that might have something to do with it.

Now when I put my new spark plugs in tomorrow should I gap em at .40 or .35? Which would be better for less knock/performance?

Anyway, yea the header ownz! I cant wait till I race my brother tonight. We where dead even before the header so it will be a good judge of performance as far as what I may have gained.

Also downshifting into 3rd gear at 15 MPH seems like much more power there then before, and more power in just normal driving, not just WOT.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:07 PM

wow awesome how much did all the cost ya?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:24 PM

he charged me 75 bucks for the install. It was a local meinke but the dood their knows me and my bro by name and does everything under the table. he did our exausts, and high flow cats etc. He came in on his day off and did this for me.

At first it was making a weird rattle like noise, and he kept going back and checking it thinking something was wrong. Finally he said everything was right and he thought maybe the gasket was bad or something. Well I started the car up again, and the noise was there, he couldnt feel any leaks near the header so we just let it sit and after a minute or so it went away. I have stopped and started my car since and it hasnt reoccured. I havent let it fully kool down, so I will update tonight if its still an issue. He said I could bring it back if problem comes back, he thought it might just need a small layer of carbon or something.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:33 PM

Yeah, that rattling happened to me as well. I think its just the gasket seating up or something, because it hasn't done it since and its been over a month.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Ive been thinking about this header does it have more hp gains over a shorty header like the CA header?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:38 PM

Well its classified as a "mid-tube" header, so its between a shorty and a long tube.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:42 PM

But whats the diffence performance wise?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:43 PM

No one knows yet.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:45 PM

Figures well I have time to think with way to just blew my money on a autotrans intercepter.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xenozx is so gonna get owned tonight! 8)
Old 10-26-2006, 06:06 PM

Great news . Nice to hear someone happy with one of the lower priced headers . Pacesetter made really good long tubes for the F-bodies too , so its cool to hear that continued over into the Cobalt .
Old 10-26-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by cvenom2122
xenozx is so gonna get owned tonight! 8)
Bring it on, maybe it will make you buy HPTuners sooner rather then later. IM telling you dood, this car is freaking nasty right now. IM scared of my baby right now. Fear her and her power. She will own all!

I really feel the gains from this bad boy. Considering I already had a full cat back and hf cat/dp added, I assumed that I wasnt gonna gain all that. Well to be honest I think I gained alot, and IM afaid for my clutch
Old 10-26-2006, 06:37 PM

is this header a replacement header that is just a bolt on, or do I have to weld anything??

btw: looks great,, and sounds like it works.. good for ya
Old 10-26-2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Belto
is this header a replacement header that is just a bolt on, or do I have to weld anything??

btw: looks great,, and sounds like it works.. good for ya
It is not a direct replacement header. It is medium length, so it wont just bolt up. Custom fab required, that includes 100% welding required
Old 10-26-2006, 06:46 PM

Thumbs up

jeremy i cant even drive your car your clutch cant handle my driver mod! i go into second slip! 3rd slip! lol but it was fast when you drove it atleast!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by cvenom2122
jeremy i cant even drive your car your clutch cant handle my driver mod! i go into second slip! 3rd slip! lol but it was fast when you drove it atleast!
Thats why your clutch slips. I NEVER had my clutch slip, and you get in my car and slip my clutch every gear. Personally I dont think you drive right. But I also wonder if I gained some retarded power from this header cause like I said, it FEELS mean as *****, and IM afraid the clutch wont hold. Like before the header I had 0 problems, now the car just throws you back, even my bro verfied this, higher up in RPM's we went the farther back in the seat his head went. That was like 5 minutes after install, I think the computer half way caught on now... I mean wow, wait till tonight chris....

oh and I gotta put my torque brace back on tomorrow, so I may need yo assistenece.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:56 PM

do you know if ther is a direct bolt on header out there?
Old 10-26-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Belto
do you know if ther is a direct bolt on header out there?
Theres a couple

Tog
ZZPerformance
Cobalt addiction
Sdyne
Jbodyperformance
CTI
Vibrant

and probably a few more.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:05 PM

I could tell you the gains on mine, I installed my header the same time I installed my 2.6" pulley and 3" exhaust, so I was terrified of my car for over a week before I got the ***** to see how much fast it really was!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:22 PM

thanx xenozx

where can i find the Tog, Vibrant, CTI headers at??
Old 10-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned

Are the GMPP manifolds direct bolt on?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by damien
Are the GMPP manifolds direct bolt on?
Yes, but you will recieve very little gains from it. Its not a true header IMO. More like the one thats already on there but VERY SLIGHTLY modified.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:49 PM

A header is the best way IMO to gain bolt on performance. Used to see loads of BBC and BBF towing rigs that had nothign more than headers adn K&N filters, and they guys said the only real gain was the the headers. TUning the runner leingths helsp an engine tremendously. Take for example a SR20DET out of the Silvia/240. Going from the stock exhaust manifold to a tuned leingth turbo header a guy I know gained almost 50WHP! But this of course was with a T3/T4 and he was boosting pretty good. The biggest limiting factor in most stock vehicles now is the exhaust mani because it has to clear a tight engine bay, and give good clearance, plus it has to be short so the Cats can warm up faster. A good tuned leingth header however throws emission out the window for performance, so you get a pretty damn solid gain in any car.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:36 AM

No rattle after starting my car up in <30 degree weather after sitting for 9 hours.

I did pull a check engine light but I cleared it before I checked it by accident Meant to choose view DCT codes, but hit clear instead.

I am supose to reset my CPU after a header install right? I still havent, and I think thats the cause of my probs. I am going to do it tomorrow morning, but I want to put my new sparkplugs in too and reset it after that too.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:47 AM
cMw

Originally Posted by Xenozx
No rattle after starting my car up in <30 degree weather after sitting for 9 hours.

I did pull a check engine light but I cleared it before I checked it by accident Meant to choose view DCT codes, but hit clear instead.

I am supose to reset my CPU after a header install right? I still havent, and I think thats the cause of my probs. I am going to do it tomorrow morning, but I want to put my new sparkplugs in too and reset it after that too.
just wait till after ur plugs go in

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Impressions after header install...