General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

loud clicking from dash "fix"

Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loud clicking from dash "fix"

Hey there, I know a lot of people are gettin the loud clicking from the passenger side inside the dash when they turn they're key on. As you may know its the actuator for the door that controls the recirculate function inside the airbox . Everyone seems to believe you have to tear your dash apart to disable it. If you have small enough hands and a little patience, there is an easier way to unplug it and not have to hear the annoying noise every time you go to jump in your car. I unplugged mine (its not working anyway because the gears in the actuator are stripped) and it doesn't affect the heat or air conditioning at all, just the recirculate function. If you scoot the passenger seat all the way back, and lay on your back on the floor, reach up above the side kick panel in the small space between the dash and the body of the car in front of the passenger door. Its about six inches up, you'll find two small wires taped together (not the wires for the blower motor!). Follow them up to a plug. You cant see in there so its all by feel. Theres a blue plastic key you have to snap out with your fingernail, then just give the plug a firm tug and it should pop right out. Mine has been working great and I done have to hear the horrible noise anymore. Hope this helps guys, and good luck!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to make sure I understand you you are talking about the clicking when the fan is on right?