General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

BAD Reviews for The 2006 Cobalt SS/SC

Old 10-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD Reviews for The 2006 Cobalt SS/SC

Ok guys well I have been car shopping for a while now and pretty much had to decide between an acura rsx type s, and a cobalt ss/sc..... So I read up on all the reviews and everyone says RSX hands down..... I go take an rsx for a test drive I LOVED it, soo comfortable and the interior was gorgeous.... but to be honest my last car was an 87 supra turbo so I thought it was kinda slow.......

Anyways I go to a chevy dealership and order a cobalt ss/sc with all the options" yes I mean ALL Of them except for on star and sattelite radio". I take it for a test drive when it finally comes in, all I can say after the test drive all I could do was laugh and feel absolutely cheated and lied to....... BY EVERY REVIEW on the car I ever read that is !!!

OK I seriously would like to know who the **** " excuse my language" is writing these reviews. Yes a 40 year old with a family, and a lot lacking in the crotch department; test drives an rsx type and than a cobalt ss/sc is going to pick an rsx hands down .... Why you ask ?? LUXURY and value.... yet the thing they arent realizing is these cars are aimed at two completely different age groups.

The cobalt ss/sc Handles better, is MUCH faster, and looks way cooler than the rsx. "aside from the fully loaded version of the rsx which retails at 40 grand minimum ! ". Now I have to admit even with the recardo seats its not as comfortable as the rsx..... yet did I buy this car for comfort NO.

I could go on and on about everything I love about this car yet I do not have time for that. All I can say is the cobalt ss/sc is getting underated in EVERY possible way " especially the horsepower rating lol 205 horsepower MY ASS !! ".

Anyways guys Im sorry for my long rant that really didnt go anywhere, I just cant put into words how happy I was with that car after the test drive, and YES I bought it "Black Fully loaded ". I really think gm needs the people from an unbiased website to test drive the cobalts to give them a fair review since they have EVERYTHINg a young person like me could want + more !
Old 10-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Domestics Pwn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome ! Glad you like the SS !
Mines black too

aside from the fully loaded version of the rsx which retails at 40 grand minimum ! ".
I think he means Canadian... pre-emptive strike !
Old 10-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

the way I was reading it I thought you were bad mouthing the SS.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:07 AM
The Stig

Originally Posted by philco_3
the way I was reading it I thought you were bad mouthing the SS.
lol yeah me too
Old 10-20-2005, 12:07 AM

Good choice... mines black to (but not an ss) .. but welcome and congrats
Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Congrats on your new ride!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

OH helll no lol i was just being objective..... Seriously its an amazing car and the only bad things I will have to say about this car is maybe if things start breaking down. me being an idiot I bought the extended warranty "*sigh*" and i bet all the things which break will be considered items that cause wear...

Anyways another thing to be said about gm, I got the gm student bonus, I got the 20 cents per litre FREE for 3 years.... I knocked 3 grand of the msrp. **** I couldnt be happier with this car. I am soo glad gm didnt decided to put in power seats and all that stuff which would just pad the price. Also I read reviews saying that the fin is ugly... its absolutely gorgeous !!! Only thing that is true is yes it does block your vision, but meh thats what side mirrors are for.

Oh btw I also test drove the srt4 which was fun....... until I made a turn..... used the breaks.......shifted....... or got out and seen what i was driving.... but aside from that its hella fast.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by nick11
OH helll no lol i was just being objective..... Seriously its an amazing car and the only bad things I will have to say about this car is maybe if things start breaking down. me being an idiot I bought the extended warranty "*sigh*" and i bet all the things which break will be considered items that cause wear...

Anyways another thing to be said about gm, I got the gm student bonus, I got the 20 cents per litre FREE for 3 years.... I knocked 3 grand of the msrp. **** I couldnt be happier with this car. I am soo glad gm didnt decided to put in power seats and all that stuff which would just pad the price. Also I read reviews saying that the fin is ugly... its absolutely gorgeous !!! Only thing that is true is yes it does block your vision, but meh thats what side mirrors are for.

Oh btw I also test drove the srt4 which was fun....... until I made a turn..... used the breaks.......shifted....... or got out and seen what i was driving.... but aside from that its hella fast.

I like your last paragraph.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ExHondaMan

aside from the fully loaded version of the rsx which retails at 40 grand minimum ! ".
I think he means Canadian... pre-emptive strike !
I was just on Acura's site and its $32000 for a type-s no options and about $50000 fully loaded which is attrocious!!! And yes that would be canadian dollars too!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Banned

$50k CAN = $1 US

$1 US =$50k CAN

I could be rich.... I should in Canada
Old 10-20-2005, 10:30 PM

congrats on the purchase i also have a 06 black ss/sc fully loaded i love it good luck with it
Old 10-21-2005, 01:41 PM

Ya did the right thing dude....glad u like the car...

If I ever get outta this skool debt I will be buying one for sure...

Old 10-21-2005, 03:11 PM

me being an idiot I bought the extended warranty "*sigh*" and i bet all the things which break will be considered items that cause wear...
I had my SS for 15 days before the sunroof track broke $900 fix but extended warrenty covered it. The warrenty is well worth it, especially on a car that's new. Hell in a year the 2.0L Ecotec stage 2 might explode
Old 10-21-2005, 03:42 PM

As for the spoiler blocking vision, it has alot to do with the stock spring set-up. The back is higher than the front by quite a bit. But I can attest to the effect of Eibach lowering springs. Now I see much better out the back window than before. Still partial impairment but I can see the cop cars much sooner that before
Old 04-17-2006, 05:20 PM

rev limiter

the only thing i didnt like about the SS was the Rev. limiter. But im sure it is easly taken off
Old 04-18-2006, 01:50 AM

I agree, the SS/SC is always getting dogged. It's like no one wants to see american car companies do good. I believe the SS/SC is the all around best sport compact out there in it's price range. RSX= all that horsepower, no torque
Old 04-18-2006, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gramps
I agree, the SS/SC is always getting dogged. It's like no one wants to see american car companies do good. I believe the SS/SC is the all around best sport compact out there in it's price range. RSX= all that horsepower, no torque
"No one cares about torque! It's horsepower that matters!" Said the honda guy... haha

Im glad you like your SS/SC and welcome.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 AM

. Also I read reviews saying that the fin is ugly... its absolutely gorgeous !!! Only thing that is true is yes it does block your vision, but meh thats what side mirrors are for
lol i got 5% tint on the back, cant see out the back anyways!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:33 AM

I don't know about you guys, but my dealership gave me 3 years bumper to bumper, and 5 years drive tran.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 AM

Glad to hear you like it! Mine is black as well! With the G85... For future reference the seats are named "Recaro" not Recardo...FYI
Old 04-18-2006, 02:47 AM

now i really wanna test drive one!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:01 AM

Congrats on the car and welcome to the ranks!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:13 PM

My New Ride

I finally got my first brand new car! So far I'm very happy with my 2006 Coablt SS/SC. I paid extra for fully loaded and the performance package. I hope it was worth it. Any of you guys know if the extra cash is worth it for the limited slip?!? Anyways, I raced for the first time and got my ass handed to me. A damn wagon beat me, yea a 2005 Dodge Hemi R/T Magnum. He had alot of damn mods too. Still was fun to see what I had on a V8 hemi. I'm still learning how to drive too =(. Well, I'm off to read about all the mods we can do, I wanna get faster and faster and faster. I'm really glad to see gm get into the hype on these type of cars and be competative.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:15 PM

Way to revive a dead thread.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:50 PM

Ok guys well I have been car shopping for a while now and pretty much had to decide between an acura rsx type s, and a cobalt ss/sc..... So I read up on all the reviews and everyone says RSX hands down..... I go take an rsx for a test drive I LOVED it, soo comfortable and the interior was gorgeous.... but to be honest my last car was an 87 supra turbo so I thought it was kinda slow.......

Anyways I go to a chevy dealership and order a cobalt ss/sc with all the options" yes I mean ALL Of them except for on star and sattelite radio". I take it for a test drive when it finally comes in, all I can say after the test drive all I could do was laugh and feel absolutely cheated and lied to....... BY EVERY REVIEW on the car I ever read that is !!!

OK I seriously would like to know who the **** " excuse my language" is writing these reviews. Yes a 40 year old with a family, and a lot lacking in the crotch department; test drives an rsx type and than a cobalt ss/sc is going to pick an rsx hands down .... Why you ask ?? LUXURY and value.... yet the thing they arent realizing is these cars are aimed at two completely different age groups.

The cobalt ss/sc Handles better, is MUCH faster, and looks way cooler than the rsx. "aside from the fully loaded version of the rsx which retails at 40 grand minimum ! ". Now I have to admit even with the recardo seats its not as comfortable as the rsx..... yet did I buy this car for comfort NO.

I could go on and on about everything I love about this car yet I do not have time for that. All I can say is the cobalt ss/sc is getting underated in EVERY possible way " especially the horsepower rating lol 205 horsepower MY ASS !! ".

Anyways guys Im sorry for my long rant that really didnt go anywhere, I just cant put into words how happy I was with that car after the test drive, and YES I bought it "Black Fully loaded ". I really think gm needs the people from an unbiased website to test drive the cobalts to give them a fair review since they have EVERYTHINg a young person like me could want + more !

Amen Reverend Nick11

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BAD Reviews for The 2006 Cobalt SS/SC