ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

HARROP TVS, What You Need To Know & FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I just bought a TVS off of Josh from OTTP last night so I am doing my homework before spring. There's some really good reading in here!!! My mods are ZZP CAI, Dual pass, Option B, ZZP heat exchanger, Phenolic spacer, Devilsown meth, 60lb injectors, OTTP long tube header and custom 2.5" catback. I'm jumping in and bolting up a 2.9" right out of the gate. I'm pumped to see what kind of hp numbers I can make . Come on spring!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelightning
I just bought a TVS off of Josh from OTTP last night so I am doing my homework before spring. There's some really good reading in here!!! My mods are ZZP CAI, Dual pass, Option B, ZZP heat exchanger, Phenolic spacer, Devilsown meth, 60lb injectors, OTTP long tube header and custom 2.5" catback. I'm jumping in and bolting up a 2.9" right out of the gate. I'm pumped to see what kind of hp numbers I can make . Come on spring!

your best upgrade is making sure your clear on the warranty, and what is expected if something does go wrong with it.....i love my tvs and makes great power... just speaking from experience...
Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Jrhdpaintball
your best upgrade is making sure your clear on the warranty, and what is expected if something does go wrong with it.....i love my tvs and makes great power... just speaking from experience...
Well it's brand new but not new. There was a tiny bit of shipping damage on the throttle body flange that Josh repaired. So no warranty from Harrop but Josh is giving me an inhouse warranty on it. What happened to yours?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM

a few years ago when ottp had their group buy on them several of the people who bought them, were noticing noises in them...complained...was told it was normal...tvs needle bearings went bad, locked up the rotors while running (idleing luckily), basically got the run around, was told they were not going to cover it...

then many others had same or simular issues..some decided to send it to OTTP for inspection..the first 2 people that i recall having problems got no assistance, later people got some help from them...

everyone will have their views on what happened or didnt happened...i can PM you more details if you want, i dont want to ruin your views on the tvs, nor take away from your excitement. its an amazing blower, makes great power. i just hope you have no problems with yours

take pics when you get it installed, and please ask away if you have any questions

best of luck
Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Meth injection sprayed through the blower was removing the grease from the needle bearings causing them to fail. Harrop would not honor the warranty.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 PM

use corn ^_^
meth aint got nothing on
corn with the tvs.
day and night.
like halle berry to wanye brady
Old 01-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
Meth injection sprayed through the blower was removing the grease from the needle bearings causing them to fail. Harrop would not honor the warranty.
those were OTTP's excuses for it.. ross's ( i think thats his name, sorry if im wrong) 2.4l tvs car never seen meth, and if im not mistaken, billigs 2.0l tvs also was not running meth.

both same problem, needle bearings locked causing a lot of damage...

sounds like harrop sacrificed quantity for quality, or maybe a bad bunch of bearings? idk, either way didnt make my 1800$ paper weight any more reliable.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 PM

I never had problems with mine but I did not spray Methanol which is a known solvent for petroleum based products...

And if I ran meth and it caused problems, I would not go crying on the Internet spreading false rumors.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 PM

and when simular complaints are made with and without meth, can you blame the "non meth" tvs on meth? or purhaps bad luck?

paying 1800 for a supercharger to only fall apart a few month later...( not just talking about my meth experience, but others that havnt used meth) seems grounds to throw a little complain..

besides i was only for warning him of the warrenty issues others were having.. zzp took great care of others mistakes
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really.... Considering I sprayed Meth for 60k miles in my m62 and my needle bearing were fine. And so was my coating . i call bullshit.. its like saying the tvs has a large enough gap where its throwing the needle grease everywhere.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 PM

those were OTTP's excuses for it..
So let me get this straight. You think that OTTP could have warrantied the small handful of problems blowers but decided not to? You think they would just tell their customers to f' off if there was something they could do that would not cost them any money out of pocket?

and when simular complaints are made with and without meth, can you blame the "non meth" tvs on meth? or purhaps bad luck?

paying 1800 for a supercharger to only fall apart a few month later...( not just talking about my meth experience, but others that havnt used meth) seems grounds to throw a little complain..
This may come as a surprise to you but people lie on the internet. Just because you and a half dozen other people ran into problems does not give you the right to drag someone's name through the mud.

OTTP has sold over 300 Harrop TVS1320 superchargers. If this was a chronic problem with the Supercharger there would be a lot more "confirmed" examples.

zzp took great care of others mistakes
ZZP warrantied your Supercharger even though you did not buy it from them? So it did not cost you any money? Wow. That is stepping up to the plate.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
Really.... Considering I sprayed Meth for 60k miles in my m62 and my needle bearing were fine. And so was my coating . i call bullshit.. its like saying the tvs has a large enough gap where its throwing the needle grease everywhere.
many of other people arguement... 2k miles on meth...needle bearings blow.... send to zzp have them replaced with new bearings... 20k miles...not a sound...

must be the meth
Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 PM

So let me get this straight. You think that OTTP could have warrantied the small handful of problems blowers but decided not to? You think they would just tell their customers to f' off if there was something they could do that would not cost them any money out of pocket?

This may come as a surprise to you but people lie on the internet. Just because you and a half dozen other people ran into problems does not give you the right to drag someone's name through the mud.

OTTP has sold over 300 Harrop TVS1320 superchargers. If this was a chronic problem with the Supercharger there would be a lot more "confirmed" examples.

ZZP warrantied your Supercharger even though you did not buy it from them? So it did not cost you any money? Wow. That is stepping up to the plate.
no i was glad to send them 180$ for parts and labor, rather than fighting for months to possible get something covered..

i really have no problem with OTTP...they didnt make the harrop, only promote and sell it...but the customer service on ottps end wasnt exactly the best ive seen..

im sure your aware of the thread on another forum, if not i can alway PM it to you,
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM

wow what a way to derail this post....
Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 PM

many of other people arguement... 2k miles on meth...needle bearings blow.... send to zzp have them replaced with new bearings... 20k miles...not a sound...

must be the meth
no i was glad to send them 180$ for parts and labor, rather than fighting for months to possible get something covered..
Right. You paid them for a service. They took care of you buy taking your money.

If I were to buy a used TVS I would find out if methanol was ever ran through it. If it was, I would expect to have it rebuilt. Harrop dropped the ball there.

i really have no problem with OTTP...they didnt make the harrop, only promote and sell it...but the customer service on ottps end wasnt exactly the best ive seen..

im sure your aware of the thread on another forum, if not i can alway PM it to you,
Their customer service has slipped. We all have heard too many horror stories. Some are true and some exaggerated.

Either way, there was a very happy new customer in this thread and you rained on his parade.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM

Right. You paid them for a service. They took care of you buy taking your money.

If I were to buy a used TVS I would find out if methanol was ever ran through it. If it was, I would expect to have it rebuilt. Harrop dropped the ball there.

Their customer service has slipped. We all have heard too many horror stories. Some are true and some exaggerated.

Either way, there was a very happy new customer in this thread and you rained on his parade.
I belive my first post was mearly telling him of the warrenty limitations, to help prevent a horror story..

were posting in the wrong thread, feel free to PM me if ud like, we have cluttered this thread enough
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Banned

Anyways whoever beleives the Meth caused the bearings to go out need to wake up. Just end the posts please. Meth did not at all cause the bearings to go out. Most likely cause was poor manufacturing...
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Got Bewst?

I am currently running meth through my M62. Haven't ever had an issue. I asked zrated89 if he runs pre or post blower with his meth injection and he said he has run pre blower with no problems. Should I stay away from running it through the TVS and get a post blower spacer from ZZP? The last thing I want to do is f up my new TVS.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:32 PM

I am currently running meth through my M62. Haven't ever had an issue. I asked zrated89 if he runs pre or post blower with his meth injection and he said he has run pre blower with no problems. Should I stay away from running it through the TVS and get a post blower spacer from ZZP? The last thing I want to do is f up my new TVS.
sorry if any of this came off in a negative way aout your purchase, i was only trying to help if any future problems came across..

as far as spraying meth...i would say spray after the blower is the safest way to not have to worry about any warrenty issues.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

But Meth water also cools the sc. So I myself feel spraying presupercharger is better.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:38 PM

But Meth water also cools the sc. So I myself feel spraying presupercharger is better.
true...but then you are running the same chance others have had if something does happen..

damned if you do and damned if you dont...lol
Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Got Bewst?

sorry if any of this came off in a negative way aout your purchase, i was only trying to help if any future problems came across..

as far as spraying meth...i would say spray after the blower is the safest way to not have to worry about any warrenty issues.
Well I don't have much of a warranty. That's why I got it cheeeeeeap. I'm not scared to rebuild a TVS if I had to and personally I'd prefer to run meth through the blower but if it is going to wreck it I obviously won't. But I've never heard of any issues running meth through them. You are the first. Can any other TVS guys chime in who run or have run meth pre blower?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

Well the thing is percentage of Meth and water..
Old 01-03-2012, 10:47 PM

Well I don't have much of a warranty. That's why I got it cheeeeeeap. I'm not scared to rebuild a TVS if I had to and personally I'd prefer to run meth through the blower but if it is going to wreck it I obviously won't. But I've never heard of any issues running meth through them. You are the first. Can any other TVS guys chime in who run or have run meth pre blower?
the chances of you having problems running it pre blower is slim...but it is a way of voiding warrenty if that is what your worried about...

obviously more power benefits running it pre blower...
Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Got Bewst?

Well the thing is percentage of Meth and water..
Yeah I'm sure that plays a big part also. I will be running 50/50.

Quick Reply: HARROP TVS, What You Need To Know & FAQ