ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

Irritated! No TVS 1900 info.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Irritated! No TVS 1900 info.

Alright guys Ive spent the majority of my day snowed in by Juno reading American Sniper and trying to find out some info on the TVS1900. But for some reason Josh from OTTP still has no good avalilable information, guys on the RL forums mention somebody tried but couldnt get it to work that well, Youtube; nothing. I would love to change to this blower, but am finding it more ridiculous that its been done so long ago by hotrod mag, and josh has only sold 2-3 kits, still no information since spring of it being mentioned of last year. I love my cobalt and I love it being noisy!

Turbo guys: I know and understand that by making 300whp with a blower the engine is really making 360ish bc of the belt driven power loss. I know that the right after market turbo is more efficient then any blown lsj. And I dont care.

But I also know even turbo guys are like, 'oh great another snailed lsj, they need more aftermarket SC support.'

The 1320 is great but I have held off for soo long not getting this waiting for the 1900 and even now its still like a big secret. I can make 370whp with the right mods from a 1320 pushing the envelope; but... How about making 350whp with a 1900 at the roadcourse. and then swap pullies and put on some Drag radials and make 420whp at the track That would be impressive. and it would take less boost to do it.

Nothing against turbo, I own a 1j sc300 but if i go turbo I am just like every other guy that gave up on the blower for the lsj, and quite frankly....

I am NOT willing to give up on my American Chevy! A growing mans' dream car! the corvette's baby brother. I STILL remember the commercial from 04 before the cobalt ss came out.
Didnt even have my license then, but I already knew i wanted this car

I guess this is half rant but the honda guys have mp 62's, tvs2300's with their k20's! and we have 1 aftermarket SC option... even though we come stock with blowers.

I am CLUB MEMBER #1 for not giving up the WHINE

Does any SC guys feel irritated or the same way as i do?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Jedi Master

Love that commercial!

I understand where youre coming from. Personally don't have the money for a 1900 but I agree, there needs
to be more options other than the 1320.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
It is simple. Honda has been around WAY longer and people SPEND money. Look around, so many Cobalt owners a cheap and want 500whp for $1000.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ditto. waiting on more 1900 info. i personally think the 1320 is over priced for the end result of sub 400whp. being i am from a area where there is absolutely no E85 i would be lucky to see 350 whp on the 1320. $2500 (canadian) is alot of money to yield a extra 50 to 60 whp from where i sit on the m62. i rather not convert to turbo setup, so i hope the 1900 does what they hope it will.

btw i do run a ported m62 from Arm. i noticed in a different thread you were inquiring about it. i love it i just dont know if it will help your situation out of boost loss. i never came across that issue because i am still running stock cams and valve springs. i hold boost til 7000 rpm redline. i am running about 16 psi with ported m62, ported head, ls4 TB, 3 inch intake and 3 inch exhaust.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree. If I wanted a turbo, I would have bought an LNF.
As it stands right now, a TVS is my long term goal. But 1320 or 1900?
I want to see both pros and cons before I spend that kind of money.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:14 PM

Everyone wants info and no one wants to spend money unless they have it. No one wants to be the guy that gives the info.
EXACTLY why there is not more support aftermarket.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
ditto. waiting on more 1900 info. i personally think the 1320 is over priced for the end result of sub 400whp. being i am from a area where there is absolutely no E85 i would be lucky to see 350 whp on the 1320. $2500 (canadian) is alot of money to yield a extra 50 to 60 whp from where i sit on the m62. i rather not convert to turbo setup, so i hope the 1900 does what they hope it will.

btw i do run a ported m62 from Arm. i noticed in a different thread you were inquiring about it. i love it i just dont know if it will help your situation out of boost loss. i never came across that issue because i am still running stock cams and valve springs. i hold boost til 7000 rpm redline. i am running about 16 psi with ported m62, ported head, ls4 TB, 3 inch intake and 3 inch exhaust.
I am saving up right now but am really thinking about pulling the trigger early and swooping one up and having 09cobalt tune it for me. And it will be done on a fully built and balanced engine. Arm? Armcclure? I PM'd him about it and asked for some info but he still hasnt got back to me for it yet.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Its not like honda guys in general spend more money than we do... i mean come on they are Honda guys lol. Theres just a million more of them so somewhere in there there are some willing to spend the dough and create aftermarket support. So many of their cars share the same engine where as our lsj was on the market for like 3 or 4 years.

Shanman, basically noone has used this blower yet. That said im sure anyone that straps it down will make some big d*** johnson numbers without trying, and if you wanna pully down and go to town, definately follow joshes advice and build a motor for it.

Im with you though dude im never going turbo and ive been in love with the blown ss since i saw those commercials! Which is like ten years ago now!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:39 PM

There are more 6,7,& 800whp hondas at ONE northern florida meet than on there are cobalts on this whole page in that range.

Honda has years of the same motors being made better and better along with a HUGE following. Cobalts do not. Pay to play.

Oh, and PS, go price building a RELIABLE 450whp civic. You will find its a 20k venture to build a civic comparable to a LSJ in handling, power, and reliability. So quit bitching, a few grand to make 400whp and daily it for years is something Honda people would kill for.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:26 PM

o i am more then willing to spend money on my car. last year alone i spent over 8500. my point about the 2 different tvs systems is simple. i can spend 2500 canadian on a 1320 and gain 50 to 60 whp. OR i can spend 3000 canadian and gain about 150 whp. i think i will spend the extra 500 dollars and gain about 150 whp. i simply think either the 1320 is over priced or the 1900 is under priced take your pick.

@ shanman yes as in armcclure, i am sure he will respond soon enough. he does excellent work.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by riceburner
Its not like honda guys in general spend more money than we do... i mean come on they are Honda guys lol. Theres just a million more of them so somewhere in there there are some willing to spend the dough and create aftermarket support. So many of their cars share the same engine where as our lsj was on the market for like 3 or 4 years.

Shanman, basically noone has used this blower yet. That said im sure anyone that straps it down will make some big d*** johnson numbers without trying, and if you wanna pully down and go to town, definately follow joshes advice and build a motor for it.

Im with you though dude im never going turbo and ive been in love with the blown ss since i saw those commercials! Which is like ten years ago now!
Wrong. The k series guys spend money on their ****

There parts are more expensive also for their quality parts

Reasons why k20 hatches are going for the same price as the tc cobalts lol
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

wow that's crazy! i honestly believed that given the sheer AMOUNT of aftermarket parts (compared to our like 2-3 vendors) that the prices wouldnt be that bad. i have been misled

either way i wish i had a honda lol
Old 01-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Lmao that video was great!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree 100% don't give up on the blower!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am interested in TVS 1900. I am saving for one now. And just picked up a second ECU and a Stage 2 belt to get ready. But is TVS1900 the only option? How crazy is crazy? 1.7L Eaton R1740 TVS from C7 Z06 or TVS2300? Maybe we can get a vendor to a group buy from Eaton?

http://www.slponline.com/mm5/i/parts/92000A_1.jpg
Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

The 1900 was tested years ago by both 100%METH and Euthanasia... There's a reason why it was never pushed. Search enough on here, do some reading and you will find info. If you want to make the 1900 better than the 1320 then you'd better have a big budget and big build. Otherwise save your cash.

Edit: Literally 5 min of searching

Originally Posted by 100% METH
Being different is just another way of saying you wanna find another avenue of power and have a lot of money to spend on custom goods.

Those blower options you speak of,

Both euthanasia and I provided Our vehicles, and I did the tuning. Him and I are the ones that started the bigger blower craze, mp90, lysholm 1.6, TVS 1900.

The price too gain ratio in the end always favors the ready to bolt on tvs 1320
Originally Posted by 100% METH
Unless your modding like tjolley and would benefit from a lysholm 1.6 or TVS 1900.

A TVS 1320 is the blower of choice

Last edited by Bluelightning; 01-27-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:19 PM

The motor is fully built the suspension is almost completed other then nitpicky mods, only thing left is a 6 speed trans and a big damn blower haha!

Originally Posted by blueLNFftw
Honda has years of the same motors being made better and better along with a HUGE following. Cobalts do not. Pay to play.
Oh, and PS, go price building a RELIABLE 450whp civic. You will find its a 20k venture to build a civic comparable to a LSJ in handling, power, and reliability. So quit bitching, a few grand to make 400whp and daily it for years is something Honda people would kill for.
I believe honda has great engines you can make ungodly power with just an aftermarket HG and ARP with the k20 and turbo seen it do it. Honda wins bc of conformity, many engine and trans combos seemingly fit right together. it loses b/c of its looks, populous and fartcans. Either way the Ecotec did its thing and proved itself and in little time, drag, roadracing,drifting, topspeed.

@ shanman yes as in armcclure, i am sure he will respond soon enough. he does excellent work.
I am hoping to be accepted as a friend didnt realize so many business's these days are conducted through facebook

Originally Posted by Jacque8080
I am interested in TVS 1900. I am saving for one now. And just picked up a second ECU and a Stage 2 belt to get ready. But is TVS1900 the only option? How crazy is crazy? 1.7L Eaton R1740 TVS from C7 Z06 or TVS2300? Maybe we can get a vendor to a group buy from Eaton?

http://www.slponline.com/mm5/i/parts/92000A_1.jpg
Even if you got the Redline guys the ariel guys and the cobalt guys together i still think it would be difficult to get them to make a almost $3000 a piece GB of more then 10 units especially all at one time. Maybe if we were given a heads up so we could have some time to save??? Maybe just maybe...
Old 01-27-2015, 11:22 PM

blue is absolutely right. this blower is only useful on big builds. even myself would need to upgrade my build to run this blower. if they can hit the numbers they are thinking they might see, i am in no matter the end cost.

i rather spend obscene amount of dollars and stay supercharged, over taking the cheaper route and go turbo.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:32 PM
Got Bewst?

blue is absolutely right. this blower is only useful on big builds. even myself would need to upgrade my build to run this blower. if they can hit the numbers they are thinking they might see, i am in no matter the end cost.

i rather spend obscene amount of dollars and stay supercharged, over taking the cheaper route and go turbo.
I'll believe it when I see that everyone will start to build a motor that will actually benefit from a 1900 lol. Tjolley's 2.4 monster motor and Freakta's recent build are the only motors I've ever seen worthy imo.

Many are going to bolt this on their "built" LSJ and be disappointed in the end with the hype everyone has been pushing on this blower.

Last edited by Bluelightning; 01-27-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
The 1900 was tested years ago by both 100%METH and Euthanasia... There's a reason why it was never pushed. Search enough on here, do some reading and you will find info. If you want to make the 1900 better than the 1320 then you'd better have a big budget and big build. Otherwise save your cash.

Edit: Literally 5 min of searching
I get the 1320 is made for the LSJ, the 1900 is not. so higher engine speeds are a plus and better flowing heads with cams are essential. Put a turbo too big and it will lag, same concept? with a large blower, instead of lag you have a shifted high RPM powerband unlike the 1320 which still retains an M62 like powerband but just more power.
I read about the MP90. The 1320 is a better alternative to doing the custom work required for it. There are only a couple Lysholm chargers ever made.

When you do have a stock long block or only negligible engine mods then yea i agree. The 1320 is your bet. If your view is not to push the boundaries and live on the edge. The 1320 is your bet.
But like the 1320 the 1900 still can be had with room to improve, of course put a pulley too small and blow ur engine to pieces. As some have been more conservative like I and built the engine to keep it reliable, and then seek major power. While others have been methodical pulley down, turn up the boost to find the breaking point and start over with another build. Either way yea pay to play. Cobalt owners are generally young, many grow older and take their passion to camaros and corvettes, by that point 3-400FWD WHP compared to 5-600RWD HP is a big difference.
Still would like a 400whp blown cobalt that spins 3rd
Old 01-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Got Bewst?

What im saying is you aren't going to see leaps and bounds gains like everyone thinks is going to happen bolting a 1900 onto their mildly ported head and ZZP stage 2 cam cookie cutter builds like most do. To see proper gains this blower needs to breathe. A lot. Then add some larger displacement and high compression and you've got something. Steve (100%METH) who has done testing with this blower said it himself.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks Dustin

Shanman,

Look into Mrbelvedere's most recent cam thread

Also, dig a few pages back in the TVS thread, I went into detail about the efficiency maps of the 1900 vs 1320.

As of the moment even though your engine is built and can rev to 8k safely. Your head is holding you back far more than you think to handle a TVS1900.
You won't be able to keep the PSI low enough to make use of this supercharger.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

shanman, what does your 'built' motor consist of? give us a rundown.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:03 PM

personally i would like to see a detailed guide line of a build on what is needed to make this blower a reality on these motors. is tjolley the only one capable of running it?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:06 PM

shanman, what does your 'built' motor consist of? give us a rundown.
Well I looked at the TVS thread and my brain hurts hardcore but I think I finally understand the issue with efficiency of flow vs PR.

Mainly our Heads cant flow that great compared to a V8 like what most 1900's are strapped to, no brainer. When you do get to the efficiency of the 1900 vs 1320 w/ full catless exhaust. its only a slight performance increase in midrange and top end. But in top end it shines only if you can keep the engine flow going well enough to 1900's potential.

It is an increase in power, but yes better head flow is needed to utilize the 1900 or else we will be pushing in gobs of air with no place to go.

My flow consist's of a 3in ZZP intake LS4TB, custom moderate/wild port on the intake, ZZP Stg2cams, 82 lb springs, moderate/mild port on exhaust side, Hahn full 3in catless exhaust. ATI, BS delete, Forged internals.

So 100%meth what flow build did you have and how was it compared to a 1320?

Would the OTTP Stg4 cams or ZZP Stg 3 cams make 400whp more feasible?

Last edited by Shanman; 01-28-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Irritated! No TVS 1900 info.