ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

lsj air to air problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"properly" set up air/water and this setup on the same car would be hard to accomplish.

I know what my setup did for me, and I'm changing it up again. But it'll still be air/water using the stock laminovas.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
key word - properly
Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartist
"properly" set up air/water and this setup on the same car would be hard to accomplish.

I know what my setup did for me, and I'm changing it up again. But it'll still be air/water using the stock laminovas.
would you care to elaborate more please
Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
would you care to elaborate more please
everyone's definition of "proper" is different. I might think my air/water setup with my single pass/icebox/opt b/2nd HE is better than another guy with just dual pass/obt b/2nd HE yet he thinks his is the best setup. Then there's guys running the Killer Chiller. There are many variations of our intercooler system. Defining "proper" is a little bit harder to do.

Then, lets say everyone established what a "proper" air/water setup should be like, getting this guy with his hacked stock IM and air/air setup to take the time and uninstall everything and revert back to the air/water just to do logs and dyno runs wouldn't be the easiest thing to persuade.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
whats going w/ the setup freakta?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:08 AM

i havnt had my car in my possession for over a year, my sister needed a vehicle more than i did (i have a g35 as a second car) so i let her borrow it from november last year till this summer, then it went into the shop to get a new clutch, lsd, big axles, launch control, brfpr, redo and make solid piping on the air to air setup, and drop the pulley to a 2.5. its been in the works for a long time, but im not in a rush so its been on the back burner forever. although i am getting anxious. it should be done soon (but ive been saying that for a few months now)

on top of that, the cobalt community has shunned me for doing things differently. ive got nothing but flack for this, and the other mods ive done. so i dont share too much. its kind of funny. ive been a big part of tons of car communities, most of them go out of there way to help out and try new things and push the platform further. you guys seem to nag and make fun of and deny whatever you see and hear thats a bit different. hell when i had a trans am someone would make xxxhp with mods 1,2,3... they would then share there tune with eveyrone else so that everyone else would have xxxhp with mod 1,2,3. the people here make a few extra hp and then hide it from everyone to seem big and tough. the subaru evo srt communities all share everything, you can get tunes from anyone and slap them in the car and they all help out... but whatever, i just went in a different direction than the norm and got great results.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:31 AM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Originally Posted by freakta
i havnt had my car in my possession for over a year, my sister needed a vehicle more than i did (i have a g35 as a second car) so i let her borrow it from november last year till this summer, then it went into the shop to get a new clutch, lsd, big axles, launch control, brfpr, redo and make solid piping on the air to air setup, and drop the pulley to a 2.5. its been in the works for a long time, but im not in a rush so its been on the back burner forever. although i am getting anxious. it should be done soon (but ive been saying that for a few months now)

on top of that, the cobalt community has shunned me for doing things differently. ive got nothing but flack for this, and the other mods ive done. so i dont share too much. its kind of funny. ive been a big part of tons of car communities, most of them go out of there way to help out and try new things and push the platform further. you guys seem to nag and make fun of and deny whatever you see and hear thats a bit different. hell when i had a trans am someone would make xxxhp with mods 1,2,3... they would then share there tune with eveyrone else so that everyone else would have xxxhp with mod 1,2,3. the people here make a few extra hp and then hide it from everyone to seem big and tough. the subaru evo srt communities all share everything, you can get tunes from anyone and slap them in the car and they all help out... but whatever, i just went in a different direction than the norm and got great results.
it's the drive to be faster than the next person...

Sharing tunes for mods would be an incredible feat for this website..
Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

different can be a good thing freakta and not all have shunned you but id like to see more pics and log results of your setup
Old 12-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerjclance
it's the drive to be faster than the next person...

It's not that.

On this site, if you have something and want to offer it to others for a price, you immediately get low-balled. All good tuners charge for thier time and experience, nobody here wants to pay for it. It's borderline insulting, so once it happens, they don't offer it again.

Last edited by ItalianJoe1; 12-08-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
It's not that.

On this site, if you have something and want to offer it to others for a price, you immediately get low-balled. All good tuners charge for thier time and experience, nobody here wants to pay for it. It's borderline insulting, so once it happens, they don't offer it again.
this site is very very secretive about everything but no one here is making money off the car. i could see if someone had something and they were making money off that one thing when they race and there competition is on here trying to get the secret... but thats not the case. im pretty sure no one here is making money off the car with huge sponsors and big race events. so why hide it. this is probably the main reason that the cobalt gets no respect. 30people on this site have big power. the rest of us dont. so people in scions think all ss's are slow. its just a fact. if people shared tunes and such with the average guy... and those people modded them and shared them... and this idea played with that idea then you would have a lot more people with over 300hp than there is now.

yes some people tune for money. and they should sell there stuff. but everyone here knows that s tune on the dyno is way better than something you download. with that being said, the people looking for the most should pay for the best but everyone else should be sharing the rest to make the community as a whole better
Old 12-08-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
on top of that, the cobalt community has shunned me for doing things differently. ive got nothing but flack for this, and the other mods ive done. so i dont share too much.
The only reason I gave you a hard time is because you claimed huge gains without any proof. If you would have went to the dyno with mods 1,2,3 and make XXXwhp and then went back with your Air to Air setup and made XXXwhp things would be a lot different.

ive been a big part of tons of car communities, most of them go out of there way to help out and try new things and push the platform further. you guys seem to nag and make fun of and deny whatever you see and hear thats a bit different. hell when i had a trans am someone would make xxxhp with mods 1,2,3... they would then share there tune with eveyrone else so that everyone else would have xxxhp with mod 1,2,3. the people here make a few extra hp and then hide it from everyone to seem big and tough. the subaru evo srt communities all share everything, you can get tunes from anyone and slap them in the car and they all help out... but whatever, i just went in a different direction than the norm and got great results.
I agreed with this statement 100%. But you did not develop this mod with the intentions of giving away the design for free. You were also out to make money. Everyone is trying to get a piece of the small pie that is the LSJ platform.

Originally Posted by tylerjclance
Its not as bad as it used to be. Hording information and tunes is the old timers mentality. They are still riding the high of being the first person to do something 5 years ago that nobody cares about any more.

This is one of the best quotes ever!

Originally Posted by Josh@0TTP
Don't stroke your ego by thinking you are this great tuner, the lsj has only a handful of tables to modify.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ebristol
Its not as bad as it used to be. Hording information and tunes is the old timers mentality. They are still riding the high of being the first person to do something 5 years ago that nobody cares about any more. !
yes it is i dont see the great lsj gods offering ****
Old 12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Maybe start a thread putting up tunes that go with x x x and mods? :p
just a thought??
Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM

yes it is i dont see the great lsj gods offering ****
The new kids are sharing though
Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
I'm a person that is more than willing to pay top dollar for a good tune or any sort of modification that will make my car perform well. I think what ruined this site started back in the day when the "lsj gods" were making big power and the little kiddies would ask them for all their secrets without contributing a dime for anything. Like Italianjoe said it was boarder line insulting. I wish things were different around here, and we could work together as a forum to make all of our cars beasts. That's wishful thinking though considering we have battles between one another trying to determine which car is better LSJ or LNF. Instead of pulling together to make both platforms equally impressive we waste our time fighting amongst each other.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 383_Stroker
sharing is caring
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

lol i asked you a question and i never got an answer so i see no sharing of new kids lol
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i can think of four people off the top of my head who need to be slapped for posting what they think they know about tuning.

i don't share because i have had nothing but ridicule for it in the past. so you can thank some past members for it. also, no one held my hand and wiped my ass, and yet people want their hands held every step of the way. get over it.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 PM

lol i asked you a question and i never got an answer so i see no sharing of new kids lol
you did?

my bad
Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 PM

providing information to a public forum in most cases will lead to the over all best answer. Tis why we share our findings to an extent.

Bryan your saying you were ridiculed... believe me, everyone of us who does more than the avg. joe has had their fair share as well.

Last edited by 100% METH; 12-08-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

you did?

my bad
lol its all good i got it fingerd out pimp fizzle

Originally Posted by 100% METH
providing information to a public forum in most cases will lead to the over all best answer. Tis why we share our findings to an extent.

Bryan your saying you were ridiculed... believe me, everyone of us who does more than the avg. joe has had their fair share as well.
true dat ive seen it when others do things differently as for tuning ive never seen anyone but the dumbasses get ridiculed

Last edited by mrbelvedere; 12-08-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2010, 11:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=Area47;5425436]i can think of four people off the top of my head who need to be slapped for posting what they think they know about tuning.

i don't share because i have had nothing but ridicule for it in the past. so you can thank some past members for it. also, no one held my hand and wiped my ass, and yet people want their hands held every step of the way. get over it.[/QUOTE]

bryan, for as long as ive been aware of you on this board (likely your whole history here), you've never said it was because people ridiculed you (nor can i remember when this happened), and you've always maintained that the reason you dont share is a philosophy "i had to learn on my own, you should too", like the underlined says.

When did you get ridiculed? Im curious to read through the threads
Old 12-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
[QUOTE=HunterKiller89;5425700]
Originally Posted by Area47
i can think of four people off the top of my head who need to be slapped for posting what they think they know about tuning.

i don't share because i have had nothing but ridicule for it in the past. so you can thank some past members for it. also, no one held my hand and wiped my ass, and yet people want their hands held every step of the way. get over it.[/QUOTE]

bryan, for as long as ive been aware of you on this board (likely your whole history here), you've never said it was because people ridiculed you (nor can i remember when this happened), and you've always maintained that the reason you dont share is a philosophy "i had to learn on my own, you should too", like the underlined says.

When did you get ridiculed? Im curious to read through the threads
I remember him making a thread a long time ago asking people to write their honest opinion about their tuner. I don't know if someone started talking **** about him or his tunes in particular, but it was prob due to something along those lines.

Area used to actually provide a good deal of information to the public. I remember following his threads when he was producing crazy power numbers on the M62 (at the time). Did he disclose every little detail? No. but he def helped provide insight on what these cars can do.

I myself am not a tuner. I do understand tuning concepts & parameters though. I have never (not once) asked or begged anyone to tune me, but you can bet if I ever did need a tune I wouldnt ask for the world and I would pay top dollar to the tuner for all their hard work.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 12-09-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man, i guess my memory is failing. Either that or Area was just another name to me. Then again i have memories of videos and dyno numbers people posted back then and i dont remember accounts linked to them. maybe he was one of them.
back in the days where the serious power makers all ran 2.5-2.6" setups
Old 12-09-2010, 02:11 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Area has given out a ton of info, if you read carefully. He also admits that the main thing he has over anyone else is hundreds of pulls on the dyno and a ton of time testing. That's where you find the little stuff.

When I was on bottle, I was one of the few people really pushing the car when nobody else was. To that end, I had the fastest cobalt in south FL, and had a ton of people on here and locally wanting me to "help" them. Basically, I was expected to share the results of my trial and error testing, then listen to them tell me "oh, but wouldn't it be cheaper to just do this", or "i don't wanna spend that much, so can't I just skip that one thing". After a while, I stopped caring to help people. If they really want help, when they ask for advice, they follow it.

I didn't get helped at all with my setup, I guessed and tried until I got something working well. I also never really turned down any request to find out what I had done. I ran GMR's before just about anyone else, I think only Bryan had them, and I also learned what he did, that the stock lifters couldn't handle them. I've told others, but my experiment did nothing for me.

Quick Reply: lsj air to air problem