All Cars Café The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat about all cars.

1993 F-150 Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 07:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1993 F-150 Stuff

So I figured I would start a little thread about my F-150 in case any of you might be interested. I bought it in August 2016 as I wanted a winter car and something somewhat offroad capable after moving to Idaho.
It is a 93 F-150 XLT 4X4 short bed single cab with the 351.
Here are some pics from when I bought it:

After repairing the things that needed doing (wiper and transfer case motors, shocks and springs, leaf spring mounts) I ditched the camper shell and picked up a roll bar with 3 KC 165W lights for $60. After a quick repaint it looked great.

I also painted the wheels black as the chrome was peeling and starting to rust underneath

Then I noticed the thermostat was sticking and water pump gaskets were leaking so that put it out of commission for a while. After that got fixed me and a buddy made a tube bumper with a winch mount for the front

I also added a small light bar to the bumper

That pretty much gets it to where it is now since the snow hit right after that. I did a head unit and speakers over christmas. We will be making a bumper for the back once it gets warmer and will be fitting some 33s.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've always liked this body style of Fords.