Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Body Kit Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Kit Feedback

We are looking into designing a new body kit for the cobalts. If there is enough interest it will be done. It is radical and full bumper replacements and not just a lip kit. We took 2nd place with the kit we made for the Vibe at SEMA in NOV. Going to try to do better this time.

Last edited by Street Graffiti; 02-03-2005 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Adding Photo
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 PM

Some constructive advice:
do not make it like this one, it's ugly IMO, sorry. I like the rest of the car but not the bumper.
It's too low for one, it should have stopped at the 1st bar; get rid of one of those 2 bars in the front and move the whole bumper up 2-3inches. No one will buy a kit that they will scrape on on their driveway (unless they have air ride, which more than likeley will not be on too many cobalt's)

You will sell more if you keep the design clean and maybe 1-2 inches lower than stock. Here is something i would like to see on the cobalt:

Old 02-04-2005, 02:06 PM

i see you edited the post with pics, thanks, but i'm not feeling it at all. Too low and too diza hellfire, which by the way didn't sell at all.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:00 PM

I Like the front on that. I think the cobalt looks better with a round sort of body kit and low profile than a big pointy look. The car is smooth as it is.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:19 PM

the only thing the cobalt needs is a set of side skirts and possibly another rear piece....i have yet to see a kit available for the front end that i like personally...the front of the car is a piece of art.

the pics u provided are just too edgy and overly aggressive. try something more flush or with less cutouts in it. those are just my comments though...some people might like it...just commenting...
Old 02-04-2005, 06:41 PM

I like it, I think it has flare, although yes less cutouts would be nicer. I think you have to conform to the body, sorta like how lingerie conforms to beautiful women, basically dont stop with the thong, get the whole babydoll in there!
Make it smooth and complimenting the SS's body style, the Delta platform needs to be sexy
Old 02-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like most body kits out there, and I am very open minded to appearance modifications, but IMO, that kit is just plain ugly. Your Vibe kit would look better on it.

If you truly want to win first place, do something totally impressive and make a kit similar to the one on the Opel Astra. I would be first in line to buy it!

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ighlight=astra

I would also love that spoiler.
Thank you for listening to my honest feedback
Old 02-04-2005, 11:18 PM

I agree with Dman. Some side skirts and a rear lip would be more than enough. Just to add a little something too it. Just my opinion though, I am not into the radical kits.

Also, make it out of Urethene. Fiberglass is a bitch.

Jay
Old 02-05-2005, 07:50 PM

Jonelz: a kit like that would cost over 2 grand + it needs to be molded in+ the entire car would need to be repainted. that may end up costing 6 grand for a kit. Very few people are willing to do that kind of radical bodywork on a new car, let alone spend that much quid.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:52 AM
Premium Member

Too pointy and agressive for me. Good idea going for dual exhaust though.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:49 AM

I bet JonelZ rolls deep tho.. like Mannie Fresh style. 6 large on a kit aint no thang. Aint that right? But it would have to win first place no doubt. wide body kits are hot No comparrison to my completely CF car in NFSU2. haha
Old 02-06-2005, 03:50 PM

Well, I could be way off base but I think the domestic "tuner" crowd (god, I HATE that word) is a whole different baby than the import "tuner" crowd. The kit your asking for feedback on is just too damn busy in my opinion...looks like a Transformer. I think the majority of us probably prefer a lot of clean unbroken lines. I'm all for air dams and spoilers but when the car has gills it's just has too much going on. Build a kit that looks like it was meant to compliment the car and not transform it into another and I'll be your first buyer. Plus, the fact that you are actually requesting feedback and input from the very crowd that will be purchasing these cars speaks volumes about your company. So thank you for actually asking.

Good or bad that's my opinion.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nuked

Also, make it out of Urethene. Fiberglass is a bitch.

Jay
VERY MUCH AGREE...urethane is the best stuff out there...

lol, i thought that car that jonelz posted up was a kit car or something....very odd.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Zefhix
Well, I could be way off base but I think the domestic "tuner" crowd (god, I HATE that word) is a whole different baby than the import "tuner" crowd. The kit your asking for feedback on is just too damn busy in my opinion...looks like a Transformer. I think the majority of us probably prefer a lot of clean unbroken lines. I'm all for air dams and spoilers but when the car has gills it's just has too much going on. Build a kit that looks like it was meant to compliment the car and not transform it into another and I'll be your first buyer. Plus, the fact that you are actually requesting feedback and input from the very crowd that will be purchasing these cars speaks volumes about your company. So thank you for actually asking.

Good or bad that's my opinion.
I very much agree with you Zefhix, if I were to get a kit it would only be to customize the car and make it look a little more aggresive. I am a big fan of clean, sporty lines over the pure "flash" that I see on imports around here.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by zstyle
I very much agree with you Zefhix, if I were to get a kit it would only be to customize the car and make it look a little more aggresive. I am a big fan of clean, sporty lines over the pure "flash" that I see on imports around here.
I'll second that one. Most of the kits my dealership installs just put "teeth" on the vehicle, not a whole new "grill" (no pun intended).

Your kit was minor surgery when all you needed to do was paint the nails.

Villain
Old 02-07-2005, 09:05 PM

First off I'll apologize for taking your orginal image and changing it, I mean no disrespect. Now this is ruff and I suck at free hand I'd rather see something closer to this:

Old 02-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by BlueVillain
I'll second that one. Most of the kits my dealership installs just put "teeth" on the vehicle, not a whole new "grill" (no pun intended).

Your kit was minor surgery when all you needed to do was paint the nails.

Villain
I agree with this ideaolgy..... US "tuners" look for cleaner lines. I like ponti front, alot if the side air intakes were functional brake cooler ducts..... I think that design is closer to the "clean but aggressive" look that we are all talking about
Old 02-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Premium Member

Sorry i'm not feelin it either. I personally wouldn't get it, but hey....someone might like it
Old 02-08-2005, 07:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Check out my version of cobalt

here is my cobalt hope yall like it. I like the body kit i chose
Old 02-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cvenom2122

Better then the other two. Good work. Let's see your side and back ideas
Old 02-08-2005, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by cvenom2122

Looks good man, now lets see some **** too, a front mount definetly doesnt look bad
Old 02-08-2005, 07:39 PM

I dont care for it.. its too busy, yet better then any other aftermarket ive seen yet. I still like the factory kit the best.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Thumbs up

aiight ill start form scratch. look for it in afternoon around 3 eastern!!!! front, sides, and back end!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:16 PM

Exclamation Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is front and side. dont hate on roughness i did it in 12 mins hope yall like it!

Old 02-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

isnt that kit from a online drag racing game?

it should be rounded not pointed and a little less busy and it would be a good kit

Quick Reply: Body Kit Feedback