Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

front bumper fix

Old 11-07-2007, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang, I thought I was the only one. I figure that you can adjust your headlight, but there is still the issue of the bumper to the hood, there is a bigger gap on one side. I have to take off the bumper to install the CAI this weekend anyway so I will take the time to try to fix this too. I will take many many pictures for you guys. If I figure it out, I will also be willing to help out any guys in my area, Naples, and Miami.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by GreenPurgatory
Dang, I thought I was the only one. I figure that you can adjust your headlight, but there is still the issue of the bumper to the hood, there is a bigger gap on one side. I have to take off the bumper to install the CAI this weekend anyway so I will take the time to try to fix this too. I will take many many pictures for you guys. If I figure it out, I will also be willing to help out any guys in my area, Naples, and Miami.
x2...
Old 01-04-2008, 07:17 PM

I gave up on mine. The body shop didn't fix it for me and I should have bitched, yes I know, but it had already sat in there for a week or so having the hood fixed (misaligned). The bumper is so wavy under the headlight that I don't see there being a "fix." I guess our cars aren't nearly as bad as Trailblazers. Go look at a Trailblazer under the top grill and you'll see what I mean.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Has anyone looked where the hood and the bumper.front one piece meet at the mid-top?
Mine has divits where whe hood is digging into the top of the bumper/front one piece on both sides of the opening.... Chevy reps say they'll fix it in bodyshop under warranty but the stops in the engine compartment are not long enough to stop the vibrations that started the damage in the first place...
Anyone know of this problem in the 07's (I have the 07 ss with Stage 2)
Old 01-17-2008, 07:34 PM

**** man on my 07 LS I have the bumper alignment problem. The dealer took it to the local autobody and when it came back, the problem was minimalized, but LITERALLY overnight the bumper went right back into the fucked up position.

ALSO, check your doors/body on the rear most part of the door(ya know, the place that doesn't pivot? lol) Mine came with a bad weather strip and was chipping my paint very obviously. they took it to the autobody, the autobody appears to have simply touched up the spot with paint. and then told me they had a weather strip on order.

3 months later, bumper is still fucked, door still chips paint, and they never called me about the weather strip that they flat out told me was faulty.

Very unimpressed with the GM support on this.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:49 PM

I aligned my bumper and my headlamp this week since it was beginning to buckle. It was easy as hell and it actually looks like it should!

I will take pics when I can. If you look in my sig you can see how bad it was on the passenger side. Well, it actually got worse over the months of owning it and creased the bumper.

The best part being that you cannot even notice the damage now.

Easier fix (passenger side only) w/o having to remove the fascia:
All you need to do is remove the headlamp assembly, loosen the four bolts on the headlamp assembly bracket, push up on the driver's side (your right) and toward the rear of the car, tighten all four down while still holding pressure on the bracket, re-install headlamp pushing in the same direction as the bracket, tighten down, re-position around the push rivets making sure that side of the bumper sits lower, re-adjust headlamps by allen key, and finally install foam padding between the headlamp and bumper (only if yours is buckled/wavy). Allow that foam piece to put pressure on the bumper for about a week and remove. I used foam strips from work and jammed it in there. The results will amaze you.

I need pictures to explain what I mean. I'm horrible at explaining ****, but hopefully you get the idea.

Having access to air tools is a huge advantage here.

Last edited by Mr_Slobalt; 01-19-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took mine to the dealer. Told about a TSB about it. Few hours later, tada! All fixed.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 PM

Never saw the TSB. I will look that up at work Monday.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 AM

I have a 06 SS/SC that is black, not too long ago, i was out in the country, in the middle of the night, when out of nowhere, with no forewarning came a 27 POUND RACCOON! i hit the coon at approx 40 mph, and it resulted in the anihilation of my intercooler, radiator, and A/C condensor, not to mention my front bumper. Over $3,000 dollars in damage was covered by my insurance company, and they approved the local body shop to fix it. Ive got some hook ups there, so i somehow managed to get the '08 front bumper with the lip and slight fog light change, and it makes my car look a thousand times better in my mind. The funny thing is the body shop did a better paint job on the bumper than the factory did the rest of the car. I will have pics soon i actually recommend this change if you want something that looks a little meaner but dont want to go with a full body kit.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:45 AM

I brought my ss s/c in the other day because the bumper was hanging low on the right side and they just said thats how it hangs and they cant do anything about it.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by criton
Has anyone looked where the hood and the bumper.front one piece meet at the mid-top?
Mine has divits where whe hood is digging into the top of the bumper/front one piece on both sides of the opening.... Chevy reps say they'll fix it in bodyshop under warranty but the stops in the engine compartment are not long enough to stop the vibrations that started the damage in the first place...
Anyone know of this problem in the 07's (I have the 07 ss with Stage 2)
I also have a 07 ss/sc with the same problem. Took it to the dealer, they said there is a TSB about the issue. Turns out they had to remove the front bumper, then widen and deepen these holes it goes to, put it back together it's all good! So I am thinking these "stops" you are talking about not being long enough are the things they need to widen and drill in deeper. Guess it gives them more play to align things so there is not so much pressure on the bumper to just warp right back.

Hope all this helps. Don't let these dealers mess around, bull sh*t, my brother works for my local dealer and advised me of the TSB, so it's there, they are full of crap if they tell you otherwise. Don't settle guys, make them fix it, or call GM customer service and bitch up a storm! You can always try another dealer if you have another one close enough.

Good Luck All,
Will
Old 05-14-2008, 09:15 PM

Btw just to clear up something. Those Bumpers are aloud to be like 1/8 (Something like that) off of the perfect fit to pass the final inspection. Only reason why I know this is becuase my Dad does the final inspection on the TrailBlazers. I would say they are about the same as are cobalts.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 AM

what is the front fascia ? and does this fix work?
Old 05-26-2008, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by jay99
what is the front fascia ? and does this fix work?
Are you serious man, what is the front fascia.....?

Yes, there are fixes that actually work, just depends on wether you want to do it yourself or have the dealer do it, just make sure the dealer knows what the hell they are doing, there IS a TSB about this and the fix actually works, my dealer followed the TSB and my car is perfect. Hopefully in your case they know what the front fascia is!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:13 AM

never heard anybody call a bumber a fascia...
Old 07-20-2008, 11:18 PM

imma try this on my next day off
Old 08-16-2008, 01:59 PM

does anyone know the TSB for this?

I have been fighting the dealership a few times, one time they actually took the bumper off, put it back on, and sure enough the problem is still there the bumper overlaps the headlight.

should i threaten them with lemon laws or?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Strange, all you guys seem to have the fascia too high?

Mine was opposite, fascia was too low, gaps under headlights and between hood and grill. And I could grab it under the bumper and move it up and down almost an inch.

Fix was easy, just a piece of wood about 3/8" thick, 3/4" wide, about 18" long. Lifted the front as high as I could and, working through the hole the hood latch comes through (who would have thought having pipe cleaner arms would ever come in handy?), stuck this piece of wood between the top of the bumper and the inside of the fascia. Worked like a charm, everthing lines up good now and it doesn't bounce around and it saved me a trip to the dealer

Just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 PM

my fix didn't stick

it's back to the way it was

laaaame
Old 03-11-2009, 12:38 AM

Anyone Selling The Front Lip Or The Back One For Cheep?
I Just Got My 09 Cobalt Sedan Crazy ....it Came With The Fog Lights And The Rear Spoiler, Including The Ss Chrome Wheels.
I Ordered The Halo Projector Lights..i Get Them This Monday.
So If Someone Dose Have The Ground Effects Please Let Me Know...
An One More Thing, Dose The 05-06 Headlights Fit The 09?
And By The Way I Just Join Cobalt Ss.net
Old 03-11-2009, 11:16 AM

1851275<== this bulletin # works punched into GMSI but it doesn't apply to my problem
Old 03-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by SkCobalt09
Anyone Selling The Front Lip Or The Back One For Cheep?
I Just Got My 09 Cobalt Sedan Crazy ....it Came With The Fog Lights And The Rear Spoiler, Including The Ss Chrome Wheels.
I Ordered The Halo Projector Lights..i Get Them This Monday.
So If Someone Dose Have The Ground Effects Please Let Me Know...
An One More Thing, Dose The 05-06 Headlights Fit The 09?
And By The Way I Just Join Cobalt Ss.net
Old 07-11-2009, 09:50 AM

So anyone actually fix this problem and it stayed?? Mine hangs low since i painted my grilles.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 AM

does anyone know the website if there have been any serivce bullitens issued on my car, such as this damn bumper alignment?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM

you need not to surf a website for that! just do it yourself! you can! else visit some service station

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front bumper fix