Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

How to make the red area over the reverse lights work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to make the red area over the reverse lights work?

Need to do some work on my SS, ive already de-emblemed (not sure if that’s a word) it, well I repositioned the COBALT to the wing and painted the calipers red. What pissed me of about the car is that not all the lights in the back work the red parts above the reverse lights don’t and I want to make them work so it looks better (not that it doesn’t look good) so does anyone know how I can make the red plastic over the reverse lights work, are their any kits out so they actually work with the brake/night lights. I think it would look sick if it did and I really want to do it. I want to try with LED’s like the back of a G35, don’t want to attempt it myself cuz I might mess up, any suggestions?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Banned

They do work, they are reverse brake lights , but yes, it would look nice if both lights worked at the same time. It would look like a corvette at night. Good look with everything. You could just wire the brake lights on the other lights to those and still have the same look?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:23 PM
BJC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should make those the turn signals.
Brake lights should never be turn signals too.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:13 PM

^^^ agreed
Old 05-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by BJC
Should make those the turn signals.
Brake lights should never be turn signals too.
Are you saying that on the SS S/C the turn signals are in with the brake lights?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS132
Need to do some work on my SS, ive already de-emblemed (not sure if that’s a word) it, well I repositioned the COBALT to the wing and painted the calipers red. What pissed me of about the car is that not all the lights in the back work the red parts above the reverse lights don’t and I want to make them work so it looks better (not that it doesn’t look good) so does anyone know how I can make the red plastic over the reverse lights work, are their any kits out so they actually work with the brake/night lights. I think it would look sick if it did and I really want to do it. I want to try with LED’s like the back of a G35, don’t want to attempt it myself cuz I might mess up, any suggestions?

Look on the back of the reverse lamp and you will see a hole at the top and bottom. Use the top whole to run a string of LED's into the lamp and then run the power supply off the current brake lamps. As soon as I get mine, by months end I will be trying this out. If I can figure it out I will do a step by step posting. So more to Come.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Vendian
Are you saying that on the SS S/C the turn signals are in with the brake lights?
No, he's saying the brake light doubles a turn light. Cavalier style...
Old 05-08-2005, 12:28 AM

Well basically when i brake the 3rd brake light turns on and the regualr lights, the turn signals are the brake lights, when its night they smiply go from bright and fade out a bit to show its turnign w/o completly turning off, and when its morning they just turn on and off.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:38 PM

good luck with this, i know guys that have been trying to do this on impalas ever since 2000, (cobalt and impala lights are pretty much the same desine just smaller on the cobalt) turns out the reverse bulb sets in the socket on a angle, also one guy had everything hooked up, and all he managed to do was have 1 lame dot of light, reflecting off the reflector around the reverse bulb, (looked really lame he said) to do this right you would probably have to somehow cut and fiberglass a whole new rear on ur light, just so the let would fit in there, also u would need to modify the wiring harness, to make sure u didn’t melt anything or burn ur new Cobalt, anyway good luck!