Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Stock SS seats vs. Recaro SS seats

Old 07-26-2005, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock SS seats vs. Recaro SS seats

Does anyone have any pictures of the stock SS seats and of the optional Recaro SS seats. I haven't been able to find any of the two.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSmost
Does anyone have any pictures of the stock SS seats and of the optional Recaro SS seats. I haven't been able to find any of the two.
Welcome to the forum. Dude you live in Rochester, small world. So do I

Recaro's may plant you in the seat more firm but the SS regular seats are just as nice. I personally have the regular seats.

Red Cobalt SS Seats

GM Performance Recaro SS Seats
Old 07-26-2005, 02:58 PM

the recaros are nice, and a good bargain for 1500 w lsd
Old 07-26-2005, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll say my usual catch phrase on the Recaros.. 'They are hands down the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in in a sub $25K car!'

Many high end cars use Recaro seats.

I've sat in both on the SS. I prefer the Recaros due to better support and increased comfort. Their also seems to be more 'seat' to them. Meaning, they seem to have larger cushions and have a premium feel rather than the thinner cheaper feel the normal seats have. There is no room under the seats with the Recaros. I don't think they have lumbar adjustment either, but the normal seats do. There is also no quick release for backseat entry. I gladly gave up those two things for those seats though.

Also, the middle leather inserts on every single SS with the normal seats I've ever seen has wrinkles and has stretched. Obviously, all leather seats will show wrinkles, but these show up after mere days.

You should stop listening to our opinions and go sit in them yourself. If you can't find a G85 SS, a Redline will do. They have the same exact Recaro seats for testing.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
the recaros are nice, and a good bargain for 1500 w lsd
NOt only that, the Recaro's appear more durable to me. If you pay close enough attention to some of the pics of the member's rides, you'll notice that the seat cushions on the regular seats get bunched up after someone's been sitting in them. After a while, the leather will start to conform to the contour of the driver's butt and you may even start to see creases and wrinkles in the leather. Also, these seats are neither cooled nor heated so they will tend to get hotter in the summer and cooler in the winter in comparison to the Recaros IMO. Then again, I cannot really state any facts without first sitting in both types of seats. I have yet to sit in the Recaro's.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:26 PM

How much better do the Recaro's hold you in the seat than the stock ss seats? The recaros look like they would hold you in the seat about the same, besides the recaro logo on them.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by arsenal21
How much better do the Recaro's hold you in the seat than the stock ss seats? The recaros look like they would hold you in the seat about the same, besides the recaro logo on them.
You can't really tell in the pictures in this thread, but the Recaro's appear to have a significant amount more side and lumbar support than the stock SS seats. Some other pics in the gallery may show better.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Welcome to the forum. Dude you live in Rochester, small world. So do I

Recaro's may plant you in the seat more firm but the SS regular seats are just as nice. I personally have the regular seats.
That is a small world. I've only seen one SS around town it was a red one. If you ever see a MK4 Jetta with a front mount rolling around give a shout
Old 07-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

That is a small world. I've only seen one SS around town it was a red one. If you ever see a MK4 Jetta with a front mount rolling around give a shout
yeah that red one is me , Especially if you see a larger then normal exhaust. Thats my magnaflow

I usually drive down roads like rochester rd, hamlin(i live down it), auburn rd, crooks, downtown rochester
Old 07-26-2005, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
NOt only that, the Recaro's appear more durable to me. If you pay close enough attention to some of the pics of the member's rides, you'll notice that the seat cushions on the regular seats get bunched up after someone's been sitting in them. After a while, the leather will start to conform to the contour of the driver's butt and you may even start to see creases and wrinkles in the leather. Also, these seats are neither cooled nor heated so they will tend to get hotter in the summer and cooler in the winter in comparison to the Recaros IMO. Then again, I cannot really state any facts without first sitting in both types of seats. I have yet to sit in the Recaro's.

I've noticed the leather on my seats doing this and i've only had the car for a month now.
Is there any way to fix and/or prevent this?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by l337m4573rpyr0
I've noticed the leather on my seats doing this and i've only had the car for a month now.
Is there any way to fix and/or prevent this?
I think the best thing to do is keep conditioning the leather with some type of cream, but none that will cause the leather to feel slippery. Maybe consult GM directly or your owners manual on Upholstery and Interior Maintenance and Care.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:04 PM

I wish you could have gotten the LSD without the recaros because man oh man do they look ugly IMO.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mercury
I wish you could have gotten the LSD without the recaros because man oh man do they look ugly IMO.
Yeah, I don't like the looks of them either, but the LSD would have been nice.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:31 PM

I don't think they're ugly. Definitely not as attractive as the stock seats. But they serve a purpose...just like any upgrade. Sometimes there's a trade off between what actually works and what looks nicer. I think this is one of those times IMO.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:12 PM

In my opinion

Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 AM

I wish to absolute god I got the recaro's now . The stock seats are comfortable , look sweet but .....my driverseat looks 2 years old after about 2 months . I noticed in the first week the leather was showing signs of bunching up ( wrinkles ) , so I started using meguires leather cream in the 2nd week I had the car . I do that once a week , the seat still looks old . This car is so perfect otherwise , stradled with the standard GM pleather .

GET THE RECARO'S
Old 07-27-2005, 01:54 AM

I'm sorry, but your crazy. The Recaro's are not ugly at all. Have you seen them in person? They totally make my Black SS complete. They look so awesome when you look through the windows. They don't have gray inserts, like it looks in a lot of picture, it's gray 'spiderweb' to say. Here's a close-up:

And they don't get the wrinkle like the stock seats, and they feel much nicer. Ugly... You're entitled to an opinion, but I think you're crazy.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 AM

Recaros are far superior to the stock seats, in looks and feel IMO.

Is there an PN for the Recaros? Would like to see if I could get them from GM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Vendian]They don't have gray inserts, like it looks in a lot of picture, it's gray 'spiderweb' to say. Here's a close-up:

I'm getting the Recaro's in my 2006 SC. Is there leather under that "spiderweb" material? That's what probably keeps the seats cooler in the summer. It allows a layer between us and the leather. Am I correct?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 AM

I'm not sure on that, but I do know that netting material is friction city! That's one reason it holds you in place MUCH better than the stock seats. On the minus side, you can get 'rug' burn from them if you brush your skin against it.
This only happened to me when i was climbing around on the seats cleaning the interior and rubbed my knees on them. During driving it's a non issue.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned

i've owned my car for several months now and the stock color insert seats haven't wrinkled and feel fine for riding. I sat in a Redline w/recaros and the seat seemed stiff as a board. Comfort zone was not that high but they seemed nice just looking at them

Everyone has different tastes. Btw they may wrinkle if you sweat purfusley.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:14 PM

SS Seats

Personally I like the stock seats in the SS, but I see the problems being talked about. If the Recaro had red mesh style lining they would be a lock... And the LSD doesn't seem to neccesary, the pirelli p-zero's don't slip.. Has anyone found out how much more boost yo get with smaller pulley's...??
Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 PM

seats?

undefinedundefined
Old 07-28-2005, 07:36 PM

Thumbs up racing seats

i can get you those seats 10 days delivered to you
Old 07-31-2005, 03:11 AM
Banned

All right I am here to once and for all give a fair unbiased report of both these seats, I think I am privied to write this article beause I have drove the car with each of these seats in them. I have the normal seats, and let me tell you they are comfortable TO ME (I say that just because everybody has a different opinion on what is comfortable) the give alright support but if your are not siiting straight up on a hard turn your body ends up somewhere to the left of the seat on a right hand turn , and they also bunch up in the middle not badly but enough to make them look older, unlike the recaros the normal seats can be color matched to the car in most cases(red,yellow,blue,black) which adds cordination for a show car. However the recaros are no joke. If you want your ass glued to the seat the normal ones don't even come close to the holding of the recaros. I will say if you have a black ss the recaros give a nice look in the car. They will not bunch like the normal, but the material is much more stiff. (some may like that and others won't personal opinion) To sum it up the cobalt ss is a serious performance car check the car and driver stats it will beat a porche boxter 14.6 quarter to a 14.4 quarter cobalt, so in a perfomance car it only makes sense to buy a performance seat. )i just couldn;t afford the 1500 So to everyone his own! I love this car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock SS seats vs. Recaro SS seats