Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

EPIC FAIL Shaganappi Chevrolet stealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation EPIC FAIL Shaganappi Chevrolet stealership

This will b my rant i have made it as short as possible, true storey .

Info to others regarding an ongoing issue i have had to endure with my stealership, Shaganappi GM (Shaganappi GM 4720 Crowchild Trail N.W.
CALGARY, AB T3A 2N2).

-I bought my Turbo cobalt in July 2008 (first one in my city of Calgary).
-End of December 2008 my Turbalt was hit and ran while it was parked outside of my current residence at the time.
-Filed police report, filed with insurance, booked appointment with the BODYSHOP at Shaganappi GM, 3 months later vehicle went in for bodyrepairs (March 2009).
-I was quoted Two weeks for the work to be completed. Took a month and half.
-Returned with multiple 'waves' in the repair work, as well as small clusters of painted over dirt on the new repair. 3X times as long as quoted, returned with a **** rush job
-returned it to the body shop to repair the waves and multiple paint problems
-quoted a week, it took three.
-less than 1yr later moisture built up and started to bubble under the paint
-opened a complaint with GM cust care
-brought back to stealership so they could see it for themselves (bodyshop manager says to me 'gee you shoulda have brought it to us before u filed a complaint we woulda fixed it' I laughed at him "considering this is now the THIRD time in. Last time and this time I delt only with you, remember you already had it in for redos once" (funny how they lost the record of the redo.......hmmmmmm)
-booked another appoint for the 3rd redo to remove lumps of clear coat run off in jams from redo 2, and MORE dirt that was painted over, then cleared coated over.
-again quoted to drop off on monday and they would have back to me by thurs, fri the latest but i would have it for the long weekend (long weekend as the mon following the weekend was a stat holiday)
-was returned after the long weekend, at the end of the week on fri
-repainted and cleared, and of course new painted dust!!!! (I have a pic of the latest)
-this is where it gets good, while in thier possesion my vehicle was damaged (somone applied to much force to a locked door attempting to get out and broke the piece where the cable connects to the handle)
-they deny everything, and get this! wanted me to bring my car back to them so they could 'polish out' the painted over dust
-needless to say i did not and will not allow them to touch my ride again.
-GM Shaganappi BodyShop are all lip service, are these people employing unqualified people to paint and repair vehicles at a place that claims they will bring your vehicle back to "pre collision condition"? or what is the deal ? either way.......... PATHETIC!!
-GM Cust Serv was no assistance, was helpful at first until the redo was still faulty and now the stealership busted a cheap piece that is 50 bucks to replace. Now i get attitude like i have not been more than patient through this whole 3 year problem! Is it so difficult to do it right the first time? or redo it right the first redo? whats a matter with these people?
not to mention the tint the scratched the **** out of by removing the window to paint 3 times! wth! (they also deny this of course)
AVOID THIS STEALERSHIP AT ALL COST!!!!
they do not care about their workmanship whatsoever, let alone value your time as a human being.

That is all.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmm I thought **** was the go to in the city. Maybe the body shop is bad but from what I've heard the service side is one of the best.

Shaw gmc was good to me when I needed to get my recall done. They changed my oil for an extra $50 bucks
Old 12-08-2011, 02:40 AM

Service has been good to me. Body shop can lick my sac........
Old 12-08-2011, 02:41 AM

thats bullshit, ill never go to another dealership again. So many horror stories including the bs i went through with my evo.

Just remember, the dealership is always right and the customer is always wrong....
Old 12-08-2011, 02:43 AM

That sucks man! The Stealership near me in MD is pretty danm good. Their prices arn't horrible and their tech's do the job right the first time.

You should drive your car through their viewing room and blame it on the bad paint. Say it made your pedal sticky =-P
Old 12-11-2011, 09:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be needing paint and possibly some body work in the spring.

Now I know one place my 'balt won't be going for that work.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:38 PM

I had a similar problem with my dealership in NS. Rear ended someone and they offered to pay my deductible so i sent it to them. Said it'd be three weeks tops. I flew out to Ontario and it was supposed to be ready when I got back. I got back and the cars still not even painted, 2 weeks later they get it painted and say come pick it up. I go to pick it up and look it over. Paint missing on the back side of the rad support, headlight/fender misaligned so the headlight rubbed on the fender, bottom of the lip had bare spots, couple of pinch welds had no paint, door panel was loose, etc. So I made a list and gave it to them and left the car. Two weeks later I get the car back, go to pick it up and everything seems good so I take it. Not even 10kms later I start smelling coolant, pop the hood and my heat exchanger is leaking coolant(they tried to straighten it instead of replacing it even though it was on the claim) so again, I take it back. 5 days later I get it back with a new heat exchanger. Over the next couple of days I notice a few other things wrong, drivers side lock button isn't working, inner fender is flapping. Take it back, they fixed it in a couple hours. Get it back and three weeks later the paint is flaking off the fenders by the lights. Take it back and the refused to fix it, saying that I must of done something to the paint before it cured(bullshit.) I didn't even wash it. Called cust service and they were absolutely no help. I ended up paying out of pocket at another body shop to have the fenders redone.

Never again will I use a dealership body shop.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:49 PM

i know the guys in the body shop at **** and i used to work on the service side. now i'm in no way sticking up for them because i don't know exactly what happened but you also have to realize that shaganappi is the preferred body shop for most insurance companies and they are backed up like crazy. and the manager horst i will admit is getting a little bad in his older age in not wanting to redo things.

the painters there are top notch (trust me on this) but when your being pressured to push out so many cars because people send so many that way yes some quality is going to be lost. i'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with them. personally i would have delt with Bruce (the bodyshops shop foreman) he's a good guy and understanding and understands that there are gonna be come backs.

*again in no way am i sticking up for them or agree that what they did to your car or misquoted you was right.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:42 PM

i delt with bruce and horrest. everytime and they r a joke. I understand they r over busy however it is no excuse, period. I felt the same way until the second redo was faulty. again. My time is valuable even if they dont think so.
I will NEVER bring my vehicle or any other vehicle to them, what a joke, I have filed a BBB complaint, they have lost all future business from me and hopefully any other person that reads this and has any sense at all will take their money and business elsewhere. I will gladly show u the latest redo job and the flaws, its pathetic.
I gave them multiple chances to fix their garbage work only to get MORE garbage work.
Also i fully understand that u r giving another angle to view the bodyshop, however i have done so already, they still FAIL.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:43 PM

honestly i don't blame you
Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
This will b my rant i have made it as short as possible, true storey .

Info to others regarding an ongoing issue i have had to endure with my stealership, Shaganappi GM (Shaganappi GM 4720 Crowchild Trail N.W.
CALGARY, AB T3A 2N2).

-GM Shaganappi BodyShop are all lip service, are these people employing unqualified people to paint and repair vehicles at a place that claims they will bring your vehicle back to "pre collision condition"? or what is the deal ? either way.......... PATHETIC!!
-GM Cust Serv was no assistance, was helpful at first until the redo was still faulty and now the stealership busted a cheap piece that is 50 bucks to replace. Now i get attitude like i have not been more than patient through this whole 3 year problem! Is it so difficult to do it right the first time? or redo it right the first redo? whats a matter with these people?
not to mention the tint the scratched the **** out of by removing the window to paint 3 times! wth! (they also deny this of course)
AVOID THIS STEALERSHIP AT ALL COST!!!!
they do not care about their workmanship whatsoever, let alone value your time as a human being.

That is all
I'm glad you posted this... I have had a similar experience with them ~ but on a MUCH smaller level...

I did try to give them a chance when I recently heard of some management changes over there...

Here's my experience;

My sub was not properly mounted from the factory;
the mounting studs were installed on my car, but the reinforcing washers (which prevent the studs from pulling through the sheet metal) were not installed ~ and found on the spare tire.

I brought this issue to their attention, and the assistant manager at the time was rude and cited some scuffing on the outside of my sub as proof that I had something in my trunk which caused the damage....
this "damage" was something that I simply wiped off btw.

here are some pics;

^^three of four mounting studs, with broken retaining clips ~ and the three reinforcing washers found on my spare tire

^^the fourth mounting stud c/w broken retaining clip - permanently stuck in rear half of sub;
This picture alone should be proof enough that the washers were not installed and that the stud (when tightened) probably immediately was pulled through the sheet metal.

^^^ How in the world would a service manager (in his right mind) accuse me of doing this??

I went back when the real service manager was there, and he said; "Jonathan, I believe you, and we're going to make this right"
He ordered mounting hardware with him as the contact (I believe he was playing the office politics game)...
Then upper management moved him to another dealership - but I was told a different story when the parts came in, and referred to the old assistant manager (now promoted) who was already a major dink in my books...

They had the hardware, but refused stop and listen to me, or to do anything about it...
So the hardware sat in their parts department...
I was later offered the hardware - but was busy with family trips and what not for the remainder of the summer...
I even stopped by a couple months later, physically saw the hardware sitting in a box of miscellaneous parts, but was told that they needed direction from the service manager and couldn't give it to me outright....
I called back when I heard that they once again changed the service manager to which I had a discussion which went something like this;
"I think I remember you - isn't this from two years ago?"
I should have stopped and thought before I replied, because all I could muster was an "umm, no" in utter disbelief ~ what i should have said is that two years ago I didn't even have a Cobalt...
Long story short;
new manager & same tricks/attitude...
This new guy told me the parts were not there, that I was not in their system, and they have no record of anything being ordered for my car... which is complete BS;
I bought my car from them - on that merit, I'm in their system...
I still get mail from them... I dunno how that would happen if I wasn't in their system.
I ordered accessories ect before this fiasco ~ and they were ordered in my name...

To fix this, I ended up purchasing on my own dime a replacement sub (so that I could use all four mounting spots), as well as replacement mounting hardware from a wrecked car so that I could mount a sub... on a car that was only a couple months into ownership.

Major fail if you ask me.

Also, before any this happened I complained (literally on day #2 of ownership) about paint issues - to with they did a single touch up, and sold me a thing of paint....

Shaganappi might be the best dealer in town for allowing warranty work ect for Cobalts with aftermarket parts on it ~ but as far as I'm concerned they have a constant influx of retared monkeys for management...

I will never go back there.

Ever.

I started going to Jack Carter;
it started with moisture in one of my headlights - and I had a talk with the service manager about hte paint issues as well as wind noise from one of my doors;
they did the headlight no questions asked;
they touched up several spots of paint - and GAVE me another touch up paint
they also found my door was out of alignment - and fixed that...

Granted my car is cleaner than most, and I don't have anything aftermarket on it ~ but I have had nothing except exemplary service from them...

...and this was the dealer that chased me away when I was looking into buying new ~ I kept getting reasons cited from them as to why or how they would void my warranty - and apparently has a strict "no deals on SS models" policy....

Originally Posted by outtamymind
i know the guys in the body shop at **** and i used to work on the service side.

*again in no way am i sticking up for them or agree that what they did to your car or misquoted you was right.
You're a good guy, so I hope you can take this with a grain of salt, and not be offended;

Steve, I understand your bias - but if anyone was to read you post, it's obvious that you're making excuses for them ~ which is in essence sticking up for them.

If it quacks like a duck, looks, like a duck, and swims like a duck... just call it what it is.

And yes, to those of you who know me, you might have heard me talk about, or elude to this before - but I'd rather chance repeating myself, and warn anyone local about this dealer....

It seems to me that they're more interested in selling cars, and doing mechanical repairs than giving the customers adequate service.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
ive had multiple problems like this. once they curbed my rim and tried to take advantage of me a kid(18yrs old). so i brought my dad up and needless to say i got a new rim and tire

also they fucked up the paint on my old cobalt i had that my dad hit a deer in. they tell you 4 days it turns in 8 days.

GM hires young kids to do the painting. who just do it the quickest way they can just to get the job done. ive witnessed it multiple times. this is why i need to learn how to paint
Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM

^^^ not to take away from your post, but this is in the regional section, about a specific dealer in our city... and posted to try to warn other locals.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
lol i know
Old 12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Residental Bish.

It makes me sad to see this.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Baltbitch
It makes me sad to see this.
why's that?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:55 PM

jon i understand what your saying and in no way am i making excuses for them, just trying to shed some light from the other side of the counter. but there's 2 differen't sides to things. the technicians or bodymen that work on the jobs don't want to see your car back but they get pressured to push things out and get told "oh we'll deal with it when it comes back" i've heard those words before on both sides.

as well i will agree 100% that the management has changed alot and not for the better.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Residental Bish.

because I have the ins to make it known to the owner whats happening. I know for a fact he cares ALOT about his employees, but there is only so much he can do about it.

I'm sure if he knew. He would be pissed.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:10 PM

no gary has lost control a little bit. its the little ******* weasle rob (the GM that is making horrible decisions) but ya gary loves that company and does care about his customers and employee's. its the individual managers that are ruining it right now
Old 12-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Residental Bish.

no gary has lost control a little bit. its the little ******* weasle rob (the GM that is making horrible decisions) but ya gary loves that company and does care about his customers and employee's. its the individual managers that are ruining it right now
Yeah but I personally know why. NOT going to post it on a public forum, but I'm sure if he knew he would want to change a few things. Being that he owns the place. He has the right to do so.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 PM

ya, i wouldn't post it either. and ya if he knew what was going on he would change it in a heart beat but he's being kept in the dark about alot of things.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Residental Bish.

Oh for sure, but if he seen a Cobalt forum bashing his dealership he wouldn't be happy.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:21 PM

sales and what not seemed cool...

steve (sales manager) seemed a little iffy...
but maybe that's because he's been in sales for too long...

the thing though about Nathaniel's post ~ is that body shop is charging for substandard work, not fixing stuff properly, then breaking his door handle and doing nothing about it.

if the owner of the business cannot expect accountability on the part of his management - is he nothing more than a figurehead?

I recommend people go to Southgate for body work - I know one of the techs there (he's a major tool) ~ but I also know hte manager (through my brother) ~ he seems totally cool, and I have never heard of substandard work coming out of their shop...
Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Baltbitch
Oh for sure, but if he seen a Cobalt forum bashing his dealership he wouldn't be happy.
well maybe someone should send it along. only way to get him out of the dark at this point.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Residental Bish.

I'm not saying he isn't being held accountable, but if he knew what was going on he wouldn't be happy.

Like any owner thats your buisness. It's how you make your money. Without it his life goes to ****.

well maybe someone should send it along. only way to get him out of the dark at this point.
Yeah....

Last edited by Baltbitch; 12-15-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: EPIC FAIL Shaganappi Chevrolet stealership