Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Spotted what I thought was a turbo lsj, but was a 2.2! All done up, he said it was off road for 3 years because of stunting ticket. He knew Kayla maybe you guys know him? Said his name was Chris, completely built 2.2 450whp/520lbft stock tranny. Said it was the fastest Balt in NS, I believe it lol Name:  mNe5tp3.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  657.0 KB

Also americanautos spotted us haha didn't know who it was at first in the gmc lol
Old 09-17-2014, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed the "Who the heck are you?" look when I said congrats on your car lol. It was good to see the car and glad to see you aren't disappointed after finally getting an SS TC.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadia
Spotted what I thought was a turbo lsj, but was a 2.2! All done up, he said it was off road for 3 years because of stunting ticket. He knew Kayla maybe you guys know him? Said his name was Chris, completely built 2.2 450whp/520lbft stock tranny. Said it was the fastest Balt in NS, I believe it lol

Also americanautos spotted us haha didn't know who it was at first in the gmc lol
yes Chris Pykie. He's from sackville area i believe. There was talk of him getting caught stunting years ago but it was never confirmed because he disappeared from the forum. I'm not sure if it is the fastest balt in N.S. but i've heard it moves out pretty good... when it isn't breaking parts haha

he's dumped a tonne of money and time into it.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:53 AM

wow i haven't seen or heard of him in literally years now!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:05 PM

I saw a yellow SS SC at AMP yesterday. It had the gunmetal grey wheels, not the chrome (not sure if they were the first couple of years or the second that had them). Didn't get a chance to talk to the guy, anyone on here? He was putting down good laps.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 AM

Me and @shaunDRZ and my other buddy had the Balts up at ppp last night. Saw another crew roll in, red lsj, black lnf with the green badge and the "all stock" silver lnf

Watched a g5 sedan stay right beside a 2010ish SI sedan at wot I laughed my ass off
Old 09-22-2014, 12:29 PM

Me and @shaunDRZ and my other buddy had the Balts up at ppp last night. Saw another crew roll in, red lsj, black lnf with the green badge and the "all stock" silver lnf

Watched a g5 sedan stay right beside a 2010ish SI sedan at wot I laughed my ass off
lol was the G5 stock?

That's a good turn up. I don't think we managed to get 6 cars out there when we tried to arrange for meets on here lol (the times I was there anyway).
Old 09-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice turnout! I'm disappointed that I didn't make it out to too many meets this summer. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to roll out in a JDM Supra though! Or at least something new, I need some rear wheel drive or all wheel drive in my life.

Last edited by nobody2u; 09-22-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by nobody2u
Nice turnout! I'm disappointed that I didn't make it out to too many meets this summer. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to roll out in a JDM Supra though! Or at least something new, I need some rear wheel drive or all wheel drive in my life.
Keep the Balt and daily it? I'd be jealous as
**** at a supra. Oh yeah did you paint your brembos ?
Old 09-22-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by theamericanautos
lol was the G5 stock? That's a good turn up. I don't think we managed to get 6 cars out there when we tried to arrange for meets on here lol (the times I was there anyway).
It had a fartcan I think, it's believable for me I've stayed right with SI's in my base which is a sin for a $30k car

Me and wert842 on here got in a argument with the silver lnf here on instagram... Said he ran 13.6 all stock and stood by the fact it was stock for about 40+ comments of us saying that's not possible, his gf ended up posting a pic of the engine bay clearly showing gms1 lol.

I don't think he likes me anymore
Old 09-22-2014, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by nobody2u
Dude, if you get a Supra or a different AWD/RWD car, you have to start coming to AMP.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:27 PM

It had a fartcan I think, it's believable for me I've stayed right with SI's in my base which is a sin for a $30k car

Me and wert842 on here got in a argument with the silver lnf here on instagram... Said he ran 13.6 all stock and stood by the fact it was stock for about 40+ comments of us saying that's not possible, his gf ended up posting a pic of the engine bay clearly showing gms1 lol.

I don't think he likes me anymore
lol that's hilarious.

I think I might have talked to this guy before. He was convinced his LNF was stage 2 with headers lol.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:37 PM

lol that's hilarious. I think I might have talked to this guy before. He was convinced his LNF was stage 2 with headers lol.
Yeah it's the same guy. Kayla told him what he actually had, last year... guess he didn't believe her I dunno. Nice car and all I'm sure he's a nice guy just made me laugh.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:29 PM

"Raced" my friends 64 impala SS tonight haha. He's got a 454 bored .30 over a few other simple bolt ons.. 60 roll. It was close for about 2 seconds. For such a heavy, huge car that thing moves haha. Gotta love the sound of a big v8 rolling by.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bubman
"Raced" my friends 64 impala SS tonight haha. He's got a 454 bored .30 over a few other simple bolt ons.. 60 roll. It was close for about 2 seconds. For such a heavy, huge car that thing moves haha. Gotta love the sound of a big v8 rolling by.
LOL

i could have told ya how that would turn out.

I think i saw Canadia on the 101 on thursday around 4pm near Mt Uniake. he was heading towards town and i was in my balt heading home.

i was playing with some kind of sport bike. looked like maybe mid 90's and i caught 1000S. i didn't catch the make. He rode my ass for a bit and then when the lane beside me cleared he throttled up.

He should have left me behind but i don't think he knew how to ride it well. by the time he realized he wasn't getting by me and hunkered down to get himself out of the wind and downshift, it was too late. Once i got clipping pretty good i hit the brakes and slowed down and he slowed down and stayed beside me as well instead of passing. haha i think he was shocked. i'm sure an experienced rider could have taken me but not that guy hehe
Old 09-27-2014, 03:13 PM

Haha, yeah I didn't expect it to end well for me.. His brother wants to run me in his buick roadmaster with the lt1.. I expect the same result, but maybe I'll hang in a little better with that. All in all just for fun anyways haha
Old 09-27-2014, 03:56 PM

Could have been me, I was out that way on Thursday. Didn't get off work until around 5:30 though.

I played with my friends 636 the other night, wasn't really a race but we were both on it and he was behind me.. Sooo.

All he said after that was "it would be a very close race"
Old 09-29-2014, 06:15 AM

Big turnout at ppp last night. Had a EHS helicopter land right beside us which was awesome. Me and Shaun went, I sold Aaron my stock IC and he made it up too.

On top of that, there were a few other Balts there, another black lnf, 2 red lsj's (one on aftermarket wheels.. Looked awesome, anybody know?) Masons old yellow lsj, yellow g5 gt and silver lnf. Oh and a ballin base model With a MASSIVE #teamrecall sticker lol.

Had an old 5.0 mustang with one of those retarded huge RPM gauges on the dash come up beside me at the light and proudly exclaim

"I have a lawn mower that sounds just like that"

I said "that's a pretty sick sounding lawn mower man! What model and make?"

He didn't think it was as funny as me lol.

Ugly fox body's he's lucky there was no open road :lol/
Old 09-29-2014, 08:36 AM

I saw a yellow SS SC at AMP yesterday. It had the gunmetal grey wheels, not the chrome (not sure if they were the first couple of years or the second that had them). Didn't get a chance to talk to the guy, anyone on here? He was putting down good laps.
Was me mate, had a great time out at AMP this year.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:31 PM

Big turnout at ppp last night. Had a EHS helicopter land right beside us which was awesome. Me and Shaun went, I sold Aaron my stock IC and he made it up too.

On top of that, there were a few other Balts there, another black lnf, 2 red lsj's (one on aftermarket wheels.. Looked awesome, anybody know?) Masons old yellow lsj, yellow g5 gt and silver lnf. Oh and a ballin base model With a MASSIVE #teamrecall sticker lol.

Had an old 5.0 mustang with one of those retarded huge RPM gauges on the dash come up beside me at the light and proudly exclaim

"I have a lawn mower that sounds just like that"

I said "that's a pretty sick sounding lawn mower man! What model and make?"

He didn't think it was as funny as me lol.

Ugly fox body's he's lucky there was no open road :lol/
should have told him "must have had plenty of time to come up with that zinger during your 15 second 1/4 mile run in that thing.."

or better yet "must be a shitty feeling when you lose a race to a lawnmower like this.."
Old 09-29-2014, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Leveticus
Was me mate, had a great time out at AMP this year.
Good to see a Cobalt SS out there, not many come out (besides yours, I've only ever seen another). Have you ever timed your laps? What do you have for mods?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
should have told him "must have had plenty of time to come up with that zinger during your 15 second 1/4 mile run in that thing.." or better yet "must be a shitty feeling when you lose a race to a lawnmower like this.."
Best I could come up with on the fly it shut him up for some reason lol I expected more opposition. I knew a lot of car guys were **** disturbers but never figured someone would try and wind me up.

Gotta brain storm comebacks like grade 5 now
Old 09-30-2014, 12:50 PM

Best I could come up with on the fly it shut him up for some reason lol I expected more opposition. I knew a lot of car guys were **** disturbers but never figured someone would try and wind me up.

Gotta brain storm comebacks like grade 5 now
you did good, I think I would have come up with something worse lol.

It's frustrating how many Mustang owners (on forums, none that I know around here) have no respect for this car. I have seen a few threads about racing Cobalt SS's and, because it's a Cobalt, it's crap even when it's faster.

Last edited by theamericanautos; 09-30-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
People get really hung up on brands and stereotypes in car culture- and it makes no sense.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:45 PM

^^^^ This..

who cares what brand it is if it sounds good, looks good, goes fast, or is reliable!

i'm not a huge fan of hondas because the teenagers who stance/slam/rice them up have somewhat ruined the image for me but they are reliable, can be quick and VTEC does sound cool with the right exhaust. i don't mind the look of some civics either.

I've never been a huge ford guy either but i can honestly say an old 5.0 fox body with a decent exhaust sounds amazing and i don't mind the look of them either.

but ya some people just have an outright hate on for other brands.. it is sad.

Quick Reply: 2014 Spotted Thread: Maritime Edition