Old 01-23-2014, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise for Your Cause - April 26, 2014 Burnaby to Harrison

Cruise for Your Cause
April 26, 2014
-in loving memory of Larry Bowering-
www.cruiseforyourcause.org

Happy New Year everyone!!

It’s that time of year again to start Cruising!! Well, okay, it still might be a little wet and cold out, but at least we can start thinking about Cruising, right? Some of you may remember the posts about this event last year and some of you may not. The event is called Cruise for Your Cause and it is something unique and exciting that was a great success during the past 2 years.

For those who don’t know me, let me introduce myself. My name is Travis, I am 34 years young and I have lived in Metro Vancouver for the past 13 years...and I love anything with wheels! I have been a car buff since I hit the ground running, and haven't looked back since. I have been through almost every motorsport there is from dirt biking to 4x4'ing to hotrodding. I have been regularly involved in autocross for the past 5 1/2 years and anxiously await the start to another action packed season. I also currently have an ongoing project car being a 200hp VW Bug! You will always find me in my garage wrenching on something... if it isn't my own wheels, then on a friends. I appreciate all that is within the automotive world. I can attribute this affection to my beloved dad. He was also a car afficianado who raced open wheel dirt track cars to 1/4 mile *****'s back in the day. Among his pride and joy was a '67 Mailbu SS. He was a stickler for details and always found time to help out a friend who was in need. After many, many years of fighting with numerous health issues, his body finally succumbed to the hardships in April 2011.

This year will mark the third annual event of Cruise for Your Cause. This event is a memorial cruise throughout the Lower Mainland to personally remember my dad, Larry Bowering. It is also an opportunity as a car community to gather together and provide an avenue to support various causes and charities while remembering those special people around us. I know there are many other people out there who have lost someone special or who may be currently struggling with health issues and would like to keep the memory of a loved one alive. I am providing an opportunity for anyone and everyone who may have a special or unique ride to dust off the cobwebs and start off the driving season with a purpose. The Cruise is a chance to make a difference in someone else's life by doing something that we all personally enjoy....driving!!

There is no one organization that can save the world, as much as we all would love for that to happen. We all have a different story and I would like for all of us to share our story. The Cruise is an opportunity for us as a car community to support the needs of those around us by donating to the cause of our choice. That's right...you choose to support your cause. Then bring out your car, truck, bike or anything with a motor and wheels, and go for a cruise to share our stories and remember those special people around us.

The past two years have been, from my personal experience and from the comments of attendees, a success! We had over 80 unique cars show up last year for the 222km Cruise. We stopped at 6 different locations throughout the Lower Mainland, including the BC Kidney Foundation HQ, Mission Raceway and the Fort Langley National Historic Site. Over the last 2 years, the Cruise has raised approximately $9000 for 25 various local charities including the BC Kidney Foundation, Brain Tumour Foundation and the BC Cancer Foundation. In 2014 I would like to double those numbers and add your charity to the list!

But this cannot happen without your support. Here is how you can join:

Save the date for April 26, 2014.
Pick your charity and make a donation.
Register on the Cruise website. It’s FREE, fast and will only be used to keep track of support raised. Also, your confirmation number will be used for the random prize giveaways that will happen during our Pitstops.

Once those 3 steps are completed, all that is left is to come out and Cruise! This year will have what I'm calling an "epic" route, bringing us out to the Harrison Hot Springs area for a BBQ lunch and carshow on the beach of Harrison Lake. Join up at any point along the Cruise, come for the BBQ lunch, or stay with us the whole day. Oh, and did I mention raffle prizes??

I guarantee you will enjoy yourself!

Please visit www.cruiseforyourcause.org for more information. Also, you can follow us on Facebook and email any questions to info@cruiseforyourcause.org .

Spread the word for this event and thank you for considering joining the Cruise!

***For anyone who is interested in possibly joining the Cruise team, I am always looking for more ideas and assistance in various areas. If you would like to take part as a potential sponsor or know of someone or a business who may be able to add some raffle prizes and/or help with general operating expenses, I would greatly appreciate any assistance in those departments as I am currently running this event through my own personal finances. Any proceeds above operating costs will go directly to the Kidney Foundation. I have a complete sponsor package available to anyone who requests it. Feel free to contact me through any of the listed methods above and I will gladly answer any questions you may have. Thank you and I look forward to seeing out on the roads in April.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:28 AM

Bump for this event, always an awesome cruise with a bunch of awesome car guys!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:43 PM

Hey, thanks for the bump!
I've been admittedly slacking this year when it comes to updating about the Cruise. I've been slightly distracted by selling/purchasing a new home. I forgot how much paperwork and packing that came with picking up and moving!!
Anyhow, this doesn't mean that the Cruise isn't happening or that it's not going to be as exciting this year! Oh no! In fact, it is continuing to grow and this year is shaping up to be quite a memorable experience!
We will have full medical support this year for the entire duration of the Cruise, provided by 2Morrows First Aid.
The route is confirmed! The overall distance is a bit shorter this year at around 160km so that just means that there should be no excuses for anyone needing a fuel stop and losing the group! We will be meeting in Burnaby at 9am at the BC Kidney Foundation HQ located at 4940 Canada Way. We will be leaving at 930am SHARP so don't be late!! The route will take us out to the Swaneset Golf and Country Club in Pitt Meadows. After a break for about 1/2 hour we will venture out towards the Stave Falls PowerHouse which is where we will have our BBQ lunch stop. After our stomachs are satisfied, we will be treated to some of the most twisty and exciting roads I could find in the Lower Mainland! After much enjoyment on the roads our route will have us finish off at the Greg Moore Raceway in Chilliwack, hosted by the West Coast Kart Club. We should be finished the day around 3pm.
There are plenty of prizes to be won! 15 sponsors stepped up to the plate this year. To name a few include:
Tim Hortons
Nav Canada
NCIX Car Audio
Killer Car Audio
Black Star Graphics
Flash Auto Detailing LTD
Marvelous Marbles
The Kidney Foundation of Canada
Vemma
Twilight Drive-In
StreetShotz Photography
Bamboo Cafe
UBC Sports Car Club (UBCSCC)
Hammond Jewellers
Airproof Mechanical
DeHaan Desgin
4-H Canada
We are currently sitting around $3200 in total donations and a half dozen different charities supported...we would love to add your charity to the list!!
I challenge anyone who has any ride to come on out and show it off! Support the charity of your choice while doing what we all love...driving! Registration is FREE on the Cruise website and will guarantee you a FREE burger at lunch and a chance of winning one of the awesome prizes that will be drawn throughout the day.
I will try and do one more update prior to the event but please register or at least join the Facebook page to get any up to date information that may arise.
Share your ride! Share your support! Share your memories! And help change the life of someone special, forever!
For more information, please visit Cruise for Your Cause - In Memory of Larry Bowering - Home or find the Cruise page on Facebook www.facebook.com/cruiseforyourcause
I look forward to seeing you out on the roads on April 26!!
Name:  CYCFINAL_zps5acdcd09.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  107.7 KB