Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leemanfor
How can you be so retarded? he said hes contacted him EVERY WAY possible. Looks like hes doing something to me.
dude ordered an item on October, dont even know if he got the right stuff till January and now in April wants a refund maybe he shouldnt order stuff if he cant be there to make sure its right from the start. I understand he over seas but whoever took the package into his house could have check and confirmed the package and then he could have done whatever he needed to fix the problem.

Last edited by Vander Nars; 04-30-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
dude ordered an item on October, dont even know if he got the right stuff till January and now in April wants a refund maybe he shouldnt order stuff if he cant be there to make sure its right from the start. I understand he over seas but whoever took the package into his house could have check and confirmed the package and then he could have done whatever he needed to fix the problem.
Vander, as soon as I got home in January I called him and let him know of the situation and that is when this saga began, kept getting the run around from him, and now he will not answer any of my queries, be it by email, text, or voicemail. Reading your reponses it is I that is to blame for not receiving my entire order and also my fault for trying to handle this like Men and keep it between just he and I. Well that time has passed and this my only option as I see it.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by walrus
Vander, as soon as I got home in January I called him and let him know of the situation and that is when this saga began, kept getting the run around from him, and now he will not answer any of my queries, be it by email, text, or voicemail. Reading your reponses it is I that is to blame for not receiving my entire order and also my fault for trying to handle this like Men and keep it between just he and I. Well that time has passed and this my only option as I see it.
Its not ur fault u didnt get all ur items it is however ur fault that u didnt have someone verify the contents of ur package in october, consider it a lesson learn and just keep trying to contact josh. I hope u get ur stuff but im not about to cry u a river since u took so long to take proper actions to start with.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM

This whole thread needs to involve 3 people.

OP + Admins/Moderators + OTTP

The OP made a post of his experience, not asking everyone's opinion of OTTP. Hope things work out for the better for everyone involved.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zwk2013
This whole thread needs to involve 3 people.

OP + Admins/Moderators + OTTP

The OP made a post of his experience, not asking everyone's opinion of OTTP. Hope things work out for the better for everyone involved.
its a public forum, its simple as dont post if u dont want everyone's opinion.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
instead of bitching about it. handle it like a business man/woman. check your date of purchase, see if it falls in the paypal guide lines, or credit charge back guide lines. if not, take it to the next step and go up the ladder.

there have been countless vendors on here who have done similar things, and yet no one else bitches about them.

i have never had a problem with josh or sean about getting parts. granted i have had to get on his ass a few times about getting the parts out. im sure half this forum has no idea what it's like to even run a small business.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
The OP also wants admin to cut OTTP out of being a vendor which is not nessisary. He doesn't want to deal with them anymore, fine. But lots of people on here do who have great experiences with them. And that's where other comments come into play.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 PM

I am not asking to have anyone removed from anything, I am just stating that I have had a bad transaction with a vendor that does business on these forums and for the community that is CSS.net.

I have tried to handle this like a man, giving OTTP plenty of time to address my issue, but to ignore it is not a way to handle it IMO. Any time anyone does a transaction on the internet, be it the vendor or the customer you are doing in a matter of faith as to whether you are going to be taken, and this I understand.

As for the responses to my OP I welcome them all, because we have the right to do so. So that being said, I ask what would you do if your were in my position. I have been more than accommodating to let Josh resolve the issue that I am having with him.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Banned

I am not asking to have anyone removed from anything, I am just stating that I have had a bad transaction with a vendor that does business on these forums and for the community that is CSS.net.

I have tried to handle this like a man, giving OTTP plenty of time to address my issue, but to ignore it is not a way to handle it IMO. Any time anyone does a transaction on the internet, be it the vendor or the customer you are doing in a matter of faith as to whether you are going to be taken, and this I understand.

As for the responses to my OP I welcome them all, because we have the right to do so. So that being said, I ask what would you do if your were in my position. I have been more than accommodating to let Josh resolve the issue that I am having with him.
If i was u id be calling him from different phone numbers until u get him on the line, once you have him on the phone
Explain the issue in a calm manner without any attitude, ask him for ur refund or missing item depending on what you want and then it will be done.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Vander, I have tried that and on the rare occasion that I do get a hold of him its the same story, they just came in and that they are on there way to you and he will email me the tracking number and I never get the email, this is the circle that I am going through.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Got Bewst?

Then what are you asking the admins to make a decision about?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM

I am not asking them to do anything, they made a post in this thread that they were looking into it. That is why I asked.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Got Bewst?

Ah ok. Just when you asked if they made a decision yet it sounded like something was getting forced upon OTTP.

I hope this gets figured out for ya. Ive never had an issue with OTTP that's why this whole thing seems weird.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

Vander, I have tried that and on the rare occasion that I do get a hold of him its the same story, they just came in and that they are on there way to you and he will email me the tracking number and I never get the email, this is the circle that I am going through.
When did u last talk to him on phone? Ur saying that you asked for the item to be shipped but before u posted u wanted a refund, have u told him over the phone u want a refund yet?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
When did u last talk to him on phone? Ur saying that you asked for the item to be shipped but before u posted u wanted a refund, have u told him over the phone u want a refund yet?
It's been 2 or 3 weeks ago, yes I left him a voicemail, since he will not answer his phone when i call.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
It's been 2 or 3 weeks ago, yes I left him a voicemail, since he will not answer his phone when i call.
Call from a different number
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 PM

^ Have done that and also block my number from showing up on his phone and still no answer.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

^ Have done that and also block my number from showing up on his phone and still no answer.
i dont think he has blocked ur number that cost like 35 bucks to do, he may be screening ur calls so you may have to use some other friends phone. I feel like there is more to this story than we have been told but we will have to wait for josh to respond again and see what he has to say.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok first off. The story told here isn't the whole story.....He ordered these on 11-29-12 Our records showed he was already shipped a set of balance shafts, by the time he contacted us in February we were sold out of them and I had to find out how long it would take and what happened. I told him I would look into it and I got back to him about a week later with a estimated ship date of March first. More were being made at the machine shop. The machine shop is way behind so we were late, I actually sent him our set of display units because we still don't have this order due to a problem with the heat treatment. The shafts left on May first and are on there way to him. They show they will be there on Monday the 6th.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Also, I have no messages from you on my phone. I am very busy though so I don't always pick it up.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
instead of bitching about it. handle it like a business man/woman. check your date of purchase, see if it falls in the paypal guide lines, or credit charge back guide lines. if not, take it to the next step and go up the ladder.

there have been countless vendors on here who have done similar things, and yet no one else bitches about them.

i have never had a problem with josh or sean about getting parts. granted i have had to get on his ass a few times about getting the parts out. im sure half this forum has no idea what it's like to even run a small business.
Aint that the truth! Try working a real 40hr job, 3 kids, GF and then run a business
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mkulrey13
Aint that the truth! Try working a real 40hr job, 3 kids, GF and then run a business
i do! two kids and a dog. i deal with the general public everyday in the automotive world. plus my weekend job/business, and helping out the misses and her business. so yep. i 100% understand the frustration from all aspects of this industry.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i do! two kids and a dog. i deal with the general public everyday in the automotive world. plus my weekend job/business, and helping out the misses and her business. so yep. i 100% understand the frustration from all aspects of this industry.
Wish CSS.NET would!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
Ok first off. The story told here isn't the whole story.....He ordered these on 11-29-12 Our records showed he was already shipped a set of balance shafts, by the time he contacted us in February we were sold out of them and I had to find out how long it would take and what happened. I told him I would look into it and I got back to him about a week later with a estimated ship date of March first. More were being made at the machine shop. The machine shop is way behind so we were late, I actually sent him our set of display units because we still don't have this order due to a problem with the heat treatment. The shafts left on May first and are on there way to him. They show they will be there on Monday the 6th.
There are just a few statements here that are true, as I look back through me emails your are correct on the order date and the fact that you said you would look into it. As for when I first contacted you was when I arrived back into the states and I talked to you on the phone about my order. I did not receive the tracking number from you so I sent you an email on the 26th of January stating that I have not received my order. Sent you another one on the 30th. talked to you by phone and you asked that I send you a copy of the order conformation email on the 6th of Feb. no response from you sent an email on the 13th sent another email on the 19th. Received this response from you on the 20th

Todd,

We show this order as completely shipped since December 11th. Since the order had shipped so long ago it takes awhile to try and figure out what happened. My delay in getting back to you has been trying to find out why this happened and how we can fix it. Our inventory is correct and it does show 2 shafts leaving to you. Despite this we will send you a new set, but currently we have no Balance Shafts in stock. We do have 50 sets being made right now though. The expected ship date to you is Friday march 1st. Hope this helps.

Sent you another email on the 5th and then again on the 17th another on the 20th another on the 11th April again on the 16th. Sent you another email this time asking for a refund on the 22nd then on the 24th.

If you would like a copy of all these emails I can send them to you, as for the phone calls I can get a copy of all my out bound calls from my carrier. You left me with no other option than this I tried to keep this civil and just you and me handle on a man to man basis.

Last edited by walrus; 05-03-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

So op lied about purchase date and it looks like to me ottp kept him in the loop on the issues with the shafts and he just got impatience with them, it sucks but imo you should have verify your package within the week it arrived to your house with whoever picked it up and put it inside. If you had done that you would have prolly gotten new shafts sent out alot faster instead of waiting months to say something and running into the problem with them being out of stock. Im glad ottp name was cleared once the full story was out.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware