Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Buying sill plates from MRZ Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying sill plates from MRZ Performance

A few weeks ago I finally made the decision to purchase a pair of the stainless steel turbocharged sill plates from MRZ Performance. The total cost was $82.55. Over $20 of the price was shipping alone. I was really excited to finally get the sill plates since I always thought they would add a really sharp new look to the entrance of my cobalt.

I want to start by saying that it took 10 days for them to ship out the part after I ordered it. I paid like $23 for shipping and handling and it was shipped out on the TENTH day. I called twice while waiting for it to get shipped. Both times the phone was answered by a person that does not speak English. The phone was handed both times to a person that spoke English that was extremely difficult to understand.

After the 10th day the item was finally shipped to me. I received it and they looked like a quality part. However, when I went to install the item, I found out that the sill plates were too short and looked super tacky. In the pictures on their website the sill plate was longer and made a clean fit using the angles of the black plastic door sill strip that is on all cobalts. As you can see in the attached picture, it is too short.

I have since then tried to contact MRZ Performance by phone and e-mail. I have never received and response from them. When I call I get a voicemail. I leave a message and I never receive a return call from them. I have tried responding to e-mails that I have had success in having dialogue with members of their business. I have also filled out the "Contact us" form at their website. On the Contact Us form it even says that they check their e-mails multiple times per day and that you should receive a response the same day or something like that! I went to go see exactly what they say in their contact us form, but their website is down for maintenance right now I guess.

I am now in the middle of a dispute with PayPal since I payed with paypal fortunately. Paypal is willing to get me a full refund of my purchase...However, I have to pay for the item to get shipped back to canada, and also this does not solve my problem of not having any sill plates. sigh...

Anyways, I would not recommend purchasing any products from this business.

Thanks for reading. Also if anyone knows where to buy some sill plates that say TURBOCHARGED across them, i would love to know.
Attached Thumbnails img_20150428_183503493.jpg  
Old 05-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Damn man that sucks i really wanted some of those
Old 05-26-2015, 10:37 AM

I was able to get to the "contact us" page finally. Here is what they specifically state on their website:

"Feel free to contact us with any question, it's always a pleasure for us to anwser our customers as fast as possible. We read our emails several times a day so be sure you'll have a quick reply to any inquiries. If you dont receive a reply before the end of the day, email us directly to get in touch with us.
E-mail : sales@mrzperformance.com or redgtz@hotmail.com or mroy2@globetrotter.net
MSN Messenger : redgtz@hotmail.com
Phone: (418) 582-6582 leave a message if nobody anwser your call and we'll call you back as soon as we can."

I have left voicemails and e-mailed sales@mrzperformance.com and redgtz@hotmail.com and also filled out their contact us form and supplied it with my e-mail address.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I tried getting with signsomething to make some like that but with the material they use (vinyl sticker pretty much) but it didnt work out looked awesome and had all the measurements and everything but at time of install it didnt work out to well
Old 05-26-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
These were mine from mrz they looked great IMO.

I wonder if your sill has a slightly different length rubber on it? I feel like the sills wouldn't have changed length since they are machined with a computer. Unless they changed them to save money or something.

Matts And Sills2 - this is after i put my floor matts and door sills on Chevy Cobalt Picture Gallery

Last edited by slapbetcommissioner; 05-26-2015 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-26-2015, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps you ordered or they sent by mistake ones for a four door
Old 06-03-2015, 11:32 AM

I'm not sure but I have not been able to make contact with them again since I bought them... Extremely discouraging. Btw slapbetcommisioner those floor mats look sick! The sill plates look super nice too! Man this is really saddening me. I want them in my car.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:40 AM

I was finally able to reach someone by phone just now and they said that GM doesn't always put the same size rubber piece in the door. He said I should take the rubber piece out and cut some off and then re-attach it. Does anyone happen to know how those strips come off?