Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Dispute with OTTP

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dispute with OTTP

eb 22nd. I emailed Josh at Ottp Feb 22nd about pricing and availability of HP Tuners and rear swaybar I made payment on Feb 24. Was told HP Tuner would drop ship and swaybar might be 2 weeks, I had no problem with the 2 weeks as I was waiting on other parts for car to arrive.
March 2nd: After being patient and not hearing anything I email Josh on March 2nd inquiring about why I haven't got the HP Tuner and if it has shipped yet. I wanted to get the HP Tuner so Term2 could send me a tune as I had been talking to him about tuning my car and I told Term2 I would use him. I get a reply on March 2 from Josh stating since HP Tuners is in FL where I live, they had to ship it to him, then to me so I don't have to pay tax. Josh says I should have it by this weekend.
March 13: I see Ottp is having a sale on their short shifter and aeroforce gauges, I text Josh and tell him I want to order the sts/gauge so that it can ship with my HP tuner or swaybar to save on shipping. Josh replies and asks if I want to ship with HP tuner or swaybar and I just tell him whichever is easier.
March 16: I have been very patient with Ottp so I email and I'm a little aggravated to say the least. I ask when the HP Tuner will ship and that it has been long enough. I get no replies to text (was quick to reply to my text when I was wanting to buy something), email, or phone calls to both business and cell.
March 17: Josh calls and says he will be shipping everything. I'm so aggravated that it will be approx a month by the time i ordered until I get my HP tuner that I tell him to cancel everything. Josh states that he can't cancel the tuner and if i cancel the swaybar/shifter/gauge there will be a 10% fee. I ask him to waive the fee as it's been way too long for the tuner to ship. I told him I could have ordered a new one off ebay and i'd prob have it in 3 days. He agrees that it's been way too long but says I still have to pay the 10%. He then asks who I will use for my tune and how much I was going to pay for the tune. I told him Term2. He says he will tune my car for free if I take all the items I ordered. I told Josh I don't want to do that and it would be unfair to Term2 as I told him I was going to use him and he had given me some advice already on future mods. Josh for some reason couldn't understand why I wouldn't use him for free and save $400. Josh says he will only ship the HP tuner and will refund me less the 10% for the swaybar/gauge/shifter.
March 19: I get an email with 2 UPS tracking numbers. I immediately email/text/call asking why there are 2 packages as I was only supposed to be getting the HP tuner. I get no replies. I left several voice msgs and emails trying to catch what I figured was a mistake on more than one item shipped.
March 20: Josh calls me and says they accidentally shipped everything, he said he left a stickie note to cancel shipping everything but tuner and the note got overlooked. Josh tells me to ship it all back at UPS store and he will refund me the shipping out of my refund. (minus 10%). I'm very aggravated and tell him it's been about a month and I still haven't got the HP tuner and I shouldn't have to drag all the stuff up to UPS store when it wasn't my fault it got shipped. I said I would ship it all back. Josh calls back later that day and states he will send a prepaid shipping label to ship the items back. Everything shows up at my house that eve.
March 20 till now, March 30th: Crickets and tumbleweeds. I have called Ottp, business # and Josh's cell numerous times, sent texts with no replies, emailed numerous times asking where the prepaid shipping label is to ship back and not a single reply. I wanted to give Josh enough time to see how he was going to handle this. I called Josh about an hr ago using *67 so he wouldn't see my phone number and he answered on the 2nd ring, as soon as I say who I am he hangs up. I call back 2-3 times on both the business number and left msg. Call/text his cell and no reply. I feel i've been fairly patient with this vendor and it has been by far the worst experience with my 25+ yrs of buying aftermarket parts. This is all the plain facts as best I can recall. I have all of my texts/emails etc to validate.

Last edited by syclone01; 03-30-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: no resolution
Old 03-30-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about ur situation as I've been there, done that. Not with Josh but with a different vendor (JM AutoRacing or whatever they were called again) so I can definitely relate to ur frustration. I've heard that Josh is a hit or miss kind of guy so I've always been hesitant with him. Anyways, I remember he was trying to get a group sale together for the weather tech floor mats and I hit him up about it but he never replied. Poor customer service is always a red flag. N I definitely agree with u when u said that people sure reply fast when ur trying to make a purchase but when something goes wrong they act like they never heard ur name before. I'm not trying to bash on Josh or anything, I'm simply saying that poor customer service equal no business from me. Again, I'm sure Josh will have his reasons why but seriously, he picked up when u blocked call him and then he hung up as soon as he knew it was you? Wow...
Old 03-30-2015, 02:53 PM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
Deleted his post?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by double clutch
Deleted his post?
Wtf?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm thinking he was contacted by Josh. I figured it would show up and be another argue fest about who's right or wrong, but it looks like OP might have pulled his post instead.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:42 PM

March 30, 12:28pm: Josh calls from his cell saying he will try to get a return label sent to me today, I ask why I haven't had a response since March 20th and he says they have been busy. I ask why after many phone calls to his cell and business phone I never get an answer? I ask why he hung up on me after I used *67 once I told him who I was and he said they have had phone problems....I have sent emails asking for the return label to return the gauge/shifter with no reply at all. They always replied when I inquired about sending them money for something. I got off the phone with Josh saying he would send a return label. (At this time I think the only reason he called was he saw my dispute here)
March 30 2:21pm: Josh calls and lets me know he just saw my dispute and tells me it's their practice to not have contact with anybody that they are having a dispute with. I tell him that means he pretty much wins/is always right then and that seems very unfair. I told him it would be very simple if he had just sent a return label like he said he would back on the 20th. I think 10 days is plenty of time to email a simple return label. Josh told me that if I removed the post he would send an email with return label. I told him it wasn't my fault as our conversation on the 17th was to only ship the HP tuner and i'd pay the 10% on the other items. I told Josh I would remove the dispute if he would send the return label, so that is why I removed the post.
March 30, 7:30pm: After not getting an email with a return label, and no reply to my text or email to Josh stating I removed it at around 2:30-2:40 today I have just decided to not have any contact with Josh or OTTP. I think I've been more than fair in all of this and it's not the money, it's the principle of the thing. This has really been the most aggravating experience as far as a vendor I have ever had and I will definately do more research on people I do business with. On the 17th when Josh said he was not going to ship the shifter/gauge/swaybar the next day or so I ordered a shifter from BPS since I like black/stock knob even better, and I also ordered a mechanical boost gauge to go in the car, so it looks like I'll just make some people on here a good deal on a shifter/aeroforce gauge. I appreciate the fact that Ottp makes/designs things for this platform and I thought the shifter/swaybar are very nice in quality, but customer service is the worst I've seen. It should not take 25days to receive an HP tuner when before I ordered it I was told it would drop ship from FL and I'd prob have it in a couple days......24 days later I get it. On the phone today Josh seemed to act like it was my fault I got the tuner late because he said he, "held up the order" to ship the shifter/gauge with the HP tuner that had been ordered 17 days prior. I'm done with this vendor and I'd like to let everybody know this is pretty much exactly as everything happened. I'm sure you will hear some other version but I really don't care as it's not worth my time anymore. I'll post the shifter/gauge for sale on the appropriate thread if anybody needs one.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Damn that sucks but yeah its hard to reach josh for the most part. Gotten a few stuff of him but no problems here
Old 03-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I will respond to this tomorrow. Too many fallacies to respond to tonight.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:32 PM

fallacies??

I really don't care what your response is josh, i know the truth and what has happened. You are NOT a man of your word. You told me on the 2nd of march id have my tuner by the weekend and i get it on mar 20??? Sometimes you just have to buckle up and admit you didnt do what you said you would. Heck, the HP tuner box even shows it didnt come from Florida like you said. Bunch of lies. Some people might have good luck with ottp, i didnt. I have all emails/texts if anybody wants to see. Just sux people get dicked around like this.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:21 AM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
^
Old 03-31-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts
Yea only 34 posts. I think ill wait for joshs side of the story
Old 03-31-2015, 02:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
subd. most of my car was ottp parts. i dont think i have ever had a bad experience with them. not saying he wont make mistakes or anything, just giving my experiences that i have had with them. i think have had 8 orders and spent about 1500 with them.

actually more than that, thats as far back as my orders show on the site
Old 03-31-2015, 08:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Last edited by breds2k; 03-31-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor

I'm just going to do cliffs on this one.

Customer was made aware products weren't in stock and would be at least 2 weeks. Was given a $50 discount for the sway bar. HPT got delayed because it had to ship to us first, I did that so he wouldn't have to pay tax. He was made aware of that and that we were waiting on brackets for the sway bars because the box got damaged in shipping.

On 3-13 he emailed and texted me that he wanted to order a shifter that was on sale and a aeroforce that was on sale. He wanted them to ship with the HPT to save money. He didn't pay until about 5 pm on Friday. It was too late to ship or process the order.

On 3-16 the order was processed and boxed up but hadn't been picked up because it missed the truck by about 30 mins.

On 3-17 the products were picked up in full. Customer calls and wants to cancel but can't because they already left. I told him we had a 15% restocking fee and he would have to pay shipping to us. He was very mad and I told him I could do 10% on everything but the HPT it can't be returned. He got mad and wanted me to stop the shipment midway and have ups return it. I wouldn't so he got mad and hung up with no resolution.

A couple days go by and I get a few messages about items shipping that weren't supposed to. This was never agreed to, like I said I wouldn't stop the shipment.

Once the shipment arrives he decides to keep the sway bar after all but wants to return everything else. He wants a prepaid label, I told him it would be at his cost or he could ship it at the ups store. He did get me dimensions but I couldn't get him a label fast enough because I am a busy guy and forgot to.

3-30 I got a phone call and answer and the line is dead, phones are out for about 3 hours. It was very windy.... I see this dispute a little later and I call him to try and work things out with him. He goes on about how it was never supposed to ship and tells me the story about 3 times....this was never agreed to and at this point I don't care I would just like to resolve the dispute. I asked him to remove this dispute because it wasn't true and he wants a return label, that's fine. At the time I told him he has 2 options, he can continue with this dispute and his only form of contact with me would be in this thread. He only deletes the post and wants a return label at 6pm, that's too late to print one. I didn't respond to his message about it because I don't check the voicemail after hours.

3-31 I wake up to some text messages on my phone and a voicemail threatening to "come to my shop"....

During our conversation yesterday he let it slip that the reason he wanted to cancel the order was that he had already ordered another shifter and gauge.

Last edited by Josh@ottp; 03-31-2015 at 09:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Micro (02-09-2016)
Old 03-31-2015, 09:16 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
I'm just going to do cliffs on this one.

Customer was made aware products weren't in stock and would be at least 2 weeks. Was given a $50 discount for the sway bar. HPT got delayed because it had to ship to us first, I did that so he wouldn't have to pay tax. He was made aware of that and that we were waiting on brackets for the sway bars because the box got damaged in shipping.

On 3-13 he emailed and texted me that he wanted to order a shifter that was on sale and a aeroforce that was on sale. He wanted them to ship with the HPT to save money. He didn't pay until about 5 pm on Friday. It was too late to ship or process the order.

On 3-16 the order was processed and boxed up but hadn't been picked up because it missed the truck by about 30 mins.

On 3-17 the products were picked up in full. Customer calls and wants to cancel but can't because they already left. I told him we had a 15% restocking fee and he would have to pay shipping to us. He was very mad and I told him I could do 10% on everything but the HPT it can't be returned. He got mad and wanted me to stop the shipment midway and have ups return it. I wouldn't so he got mad and hung up with no resolution.

A couple days go by and I get a few messages about items shipping that weren't supposed to. This was never agreed to, like I said I wouldn't stop the shipment.

Once the shipment arrives he decides to keep the sway bar after all but wants to return everything else. He wants a prepaid label, I told him it would be at his cost or he could ship it at the ups store. He did get me dimensions but I couldn't get him a label fast enough because I am a busy guy and forgot to.

3-30 I got a phone call and answer and the line is dead, phones are out for about 3 hours. It was very windy.... I see this dispute a little later and I call him to try and work things out with him. He goes on about how it was never supposed to ship and tells me the story about 3 times....this was never agreed to and at this point I don't care I would just like to resolve the dispute. I asked him to remove this dispute because it wasn't true and he wants a return label, that's fine. At the time I told him he has 2 options, he can continue with this dispute and his only form of contact with me would be in this thread. He only deletes the post and wants a return label at 6pm, that's too late to print one. I didn't respond to his message about it because I don't check the voicemail after hours.

3-31 I wake up to some text messages on my phone and a voicemail threatening to "come to my shop"....

During our conversation yesterday he let it slip that the reason he wanted to cancel the order was that he had already ordered another shifter and gauge.
OP, I understand you are frustrated, but if I ever hear about you threatening one of our members/vendors again, you will be removed from the site.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 03-31-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've ordered from OTTP a few times now.
Since it's pretty much just Josh, he gets swamped at times and things sometimes do slip through the cracks. The only time that has happened to me was when he had one of those group buys, or massive sales, where he gets a LOT of volume to handle, other than that I order things one day, and they show up in a few when they are in stock. While I was waiting on things he was always very easy to get ahold of and very transparent. Things take time to fab up and get everything coordinated. Not everyone has everything in stock all the time OP. It seems that OP was made aware of the situation, chose to proceed with this information in hand. Don't expect your order to ship as pieces are completed. That's a killer on shipping and just isn't realistic. Sounds more like a case of wanting instant gratification.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by 06cobalt racer
subd. most of my car was ottp parts. i dont think i have ever had a bad experience with them. not saying he wont make mistakes or anything, just giving my experiences that i have had with them. i think have had 8 orders and spent about 1500 with them.

actually more than that, thats as far back as my orders show on the site
I ordered my koni's from Josh. Paid by Paypal, had a tracking number within 48h and the item arrived within a week of ordering them, I did verify with him that he had them in stock (was about to move).
Old 03-31-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
why not do a package intercept and get it all back? same as sending a prepaid shipping label...
I think that would have solved a lot.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Havok_Cobalt
why not do a package intercept and get it all back? same as sending a prepaid shipping label...
I think that would have solved a lot.

Because he told him that there would be a fee and that the HPT could not be returned. All in the same box.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
I think there is a lot of gray area on this. I think we need emails and texts. proof.

I just don't agree with a vendor ignoring calls/texts/emails (if so)
Old 03-31-2015, 11:31 AM

I think there is a lot of gray area on this. I think we need emails and texts. proof.

If some one is hanging up on me and threatening me; I am not calling them back either....
Old 03-31-2015, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor

Sometimes I miss emails, I will read them on my phone and forget to respond. I'm only human.

If you are rude with me I will not respond to a text message especially after hours. Ask around I answer a lot of text messages/facebook after hours.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ this. There's no reason to act like a ****
Old 03-31-2015, 11:44 AM

That is true.

Josh is a good guy. I pretty much exclusively buy from him because he always takes care of me, answers my questions, and is supporting a community that is losing support elsewhere.
People make mistakes, miss email, etc., but we are all human. Understanding and patience is sometimes a must in life and it sounds like the OP is more focused on his feelings than the issues that arose. He could have handled things way better.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah...as soon as I was getting harassed/ threatened, the pleasantries would cease and then only official communication to resolve the dispute would have taken place.

Quick Reply: Dispute with OTTP