Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

JM AutoRacing Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
JM AutoRacing Review

This happened about a month ago so its a little old news but just thought I would put in a review. As you guys probably already know, my tranny took a dump on me so I've been busy with that hence the late review.

Anyways, this was my first (and last) time shopping with them and I ordered some weather tech floor mats from them on black Friday. Well, long story short I finally got my order a month later! I didn't receive my order until a few days before Christmas and I ordered it on black Friday! Even the stuff I ordered from ZZP on cyber monday made it there weeks before the mats!

It was a pain trying to get a hold of them. No answers on the phone and no response at all from their email. Only response was from the vendor on this site.
Then when my order finally showed up, it wasn't even the product I ordered! I clearly selected my model: 09 cobalt ss coupe. What I got wasn't the "laser measured" floor mat that I paid for but just a generic floor mat that didn't even cover my whole back floor! It was such a pain to contact them and aftere about a whole month of delay I didn't even get what I ordered! I am so dissapointed that I will never shop there again.

I contacted the vendor on here again and he just gave me the claims department info which was impossible to reach. They would never answer or it would just be busy. I never even bothered with emails because I doubt they would even reply. I gave up and decided to just buy my floor mats directly from weather tech instead. Learned my mistake. Lol
Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, Shitty that they didn't make it right.

But that is internet shopping for you.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by T-fog
Sorry to hear that man, Shitty that they didn't make it right.

But that is internet shopping for you.
Isn't internet shopping supposed to be just as good? Lol It's just more convenient than traditional shopping but the customer support should be just as good in both cases.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:34 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
It's supposed to be, but you also lose the ability to confront some one face to face.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by blueLNFftw
It's supposed to be, but you also lose the ability to confront some one face to face.
Lol very true. However, I'd rather resolve my issues without having to resort to screaming/yelling at each other. My young days of punch first ask y later are long gone. Gotta clean up my record to keep my job. Lol
Old 01-31-2015, 01:44 PM

I'm pretty sure some one on Facebook said the owner of JM tried to have sex with him for a sponsorship.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:58 PM

I'm pretty sure some one on Facebook said the owner of JM tried to have sex with him for a sponsorship.
Wow Wtf!!!! No wonder their company is all messed up. Corruption kills all professionalism.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:57 AM

You should complain to an admin about this since they are a sponsoring vendor.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about a credit card charge back?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 PM

You should complain to an admin about this since they are a sponsoring vendor.
I probably could but I just don't want to make too big of a deal about it. I mean, its only $50 bucks so hopefully people will see this thread and avoid them.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I complained in 2013 about them, bought the D2 racing springs they were selling in the vendor thread on here, they called me up and said that they didnt have them in stock and that they would sell me ksports for the same price. I asked them if they were an exact match for the D2 springs and they said yes, got the springs in, wound up making the car lop sided so bad that it felt like you were sitting in the space shuttle it sagged so bad in the back. I took all sorts of measurements of the springs and sent them pictures of the install, they said they would refund them. Went back and fourth with them for 2 weeks with them telling me that ksport wasnt answering their phone to accept the return springs, wound up having to file a chargeback and wound up getting beat on the chargeback by capital one, they made me return the springs and it would up costing $100 dollars in shipping at UPS to return them despite my complaint to capital one that shipping would be very expensive and be almost as much as the cost of the product. (wound up dropping two accounts with them later on because their customer service sucks too)
Old 02-10-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
Maybe I'm being judgmental, and maybe even a bit irrational. But I won't buy from JM or FMSR because the 17,899 threads they make every goddamn day in the vendor deals section.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Spawne32
I complained in 2013 about them, bought the D2 racing springs they were selling in the vendor thread on here, they called me up and said that they didnt have them in stock and that they would sell me ksports for the same price. I asked them if they were an exact match for the D2 springs and they said yes, got the springs in, wound up making the car lop sided so bad that it felt like you were sitting in the space shuttle it sagged so bad in the back. I took all sorts of measurements of the springs and sent them pictures of the install, they said they would refund them. Went back and fourth with them for 2 weeks with them telling me that ksport wasnt answering their phone to accept the return springs, wound up having to file a chargeback and wound up getting beat on the chargeback by capital one, they made me return the springs and it would up costing $100 dollars in shipping at UPS to return them despite my complaint to capital one that shipping would be very expensive and be almost as much as the cost of the product. (wound up dropping two accounts with them later on because their customer service sucks too)
I feel ur pain brother. Luckily, in my case it was only $55. Lol but the same lesson applies, I will never return.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by supernovanator
Maybe I'm being judgmental, and maybe even a bit irrational. But I won't buy from JM or FMSR because the 17,899 threads they make every goddamn day in the vendor deals section.
Desperate for attention and sales? Now they're getting some attention at least. Lol like u said, they post a ton of threads daily but failed to notice this thread about them.... Hmmmm....
Old 02-11-2015, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by supernovanator
Haven't you noticed how FMSR is banned?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
Nope. Kinda like the boy who cried wolf! Made so much noise I haven't even noticed they were gone. Thanks! That definitely made my day a little better! Now for JMAuto...
Old 02-15-2015, 11:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh they actually went through with that? thank god, was tired of seeing them as a vendor anyway, tired of seeing JM auto too. Was anything that FMSR sold on their site real anyway? Never seen a single person running an FMSR product on here.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Besides a catback or two there was no confirmation of any products actually existing.