Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Problems with OTTP

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Come on guys everybody is human and mistakes happen. It's not like the gauges were shipped to you then he demanded money. Yes I know not a message you want to get saying you got a greater discount than you should have but in madness times like Black Friday it happens. He gave you a full refund which was the right way to go. You shouldn't be charged a restocking fee for something that wasn't your fault. But now it's a wash and carry on. Me personally, I've delt with Josh for many things and the guy does everything he can to help me out every time I need something.
Im just putting what happened to me out there...yes it sucks I didnt get the price I wanted...but his communication is what was upsetting.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Totally understandable. I'm in customer service myself so I can feel for both sides. Communication makes or breaks a come back customer even in a bad situation.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gotboost?17
u guys should get a warning for all this like i did
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
Yeah i got an infraction for side busting an ottp thread once, my one and only and I'll wear it like a medal for what i went through with them.

This is in the vendor review section, it was handled like adults between both parties. there is nothing wrong with this thread.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Not to beat a dead horse but whoever said Ottp has been good til now can't have been around for long.

Back when the "Hardcore" bar was first marketed through them I bought a bunch of stuff from them(over the phone) and specifically said I needed the DP and Brakes asap, they said two weeks on the dp and a week on the brakes... two weeks go by and nothing, no email, no call, no nothing. I call them and asked politely if anything had shipped, they said no and the DP and brakes should be shipped together within the next two days but the other stuff I ordered would take about a month. Cool, No problem, I have a second vehicle. Two more weeks go by and I call again(trying not to harass, I am sure they have **** to take care of...) They just got the DP and they were shipping out that day. Two more weeks go by and I call, no answer. Call the next day, no answer. Third weekday in a row they answer and I tell them I want a refund and to keep their ****. They say it is already in shipping(everything I ordered), I told them they had til Monday(this is on a Wed.) or I am filing with my bank. Monday everything came in and was all post marked Thursday...
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^It sounds like u ordered out of stock items and wanted them asap, thats not really ottp fault if they told u upfront it was gonna be a couple weeks.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Come on guys everybody is human and mistakes happen. It's not like the gauges were shipped to you then he demanded money. Yes I know not a message you want to get saying you got a greater discount than you should have but in madness times like Black Friday it happens. He gave you a full refund which was the right way to go. You shouldn't be charged a restocking fee for something that wasn't your fault. But now it's a wash and carry on. Me personally, I've delt with Josh for many things and the guy does everything he can to help me out every time I need something.
^^^
This...

I'm thankful for every vendor that offers stuff for our toys. Without competition, we'd likely be paying through the roof.

Glad it got sorted out.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Im never sure with u kids, yall scream all day he copied powells mounts, and then yall say they are the worst mounts ever, but at the same time yall sing the praise of powells mounts to the high heaven, if he did copy powells mounts then they must be good as powells old design or powells old design must be trash. make yalls mind up already.
...? I was just stickin' up for my buddy. I was there when we tried to install the mounts. I don't care who made them. Kids? Mhm...

I also personally know that OTTP has horrible customer service and that is why I don't deal with them as well.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkChild
...? I was just stickin' up for my buddy. I was there when we tried to install the mounts. I don't care who made them. Kids? Mhm...

I also personally know that OTTP has horrible customer service and that is why I don't deal with them as well.
Iv install ottp mounts twice once on my car and once on another local lsj, went in prefect no problem maybe u and ur friend are just to stupid to install mounts..
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
Does OTTP have an actual office location or is it just some kid selling Cobalt SS parts out of his garage?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think you're right.

At the bottom of their web pages it says
6065 Arnold Rd., Cottrellville, MI 48039

That's a house. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths.
6065 Arnold Rd, Cottrellville, MI 48039 - Zillow

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=6065+...cbp=12,0,0,0,0
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Here is the full conversation.

Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
Originally Posted by jzehren11
Any update on my Order?

Justin
Justin,

I know you said you wanted an order cancelled, well you have three. I thought you sent an email but I dont have one from you so I am just following up.

Also, your order for the aeroforce gauges was wrong, it is $40 short. So you will owe that if this is an order you want to keep. You should also be aware that we normally charge a 10% processing fee on cancelled orders, this covers our time of having to process the order twice and the time of our accountant having to handle the paper work. This amount is fully available to you for 60 days to order the same product again.

Let me know your plans please.

Thanks
Josh

Josh, I would like to cancel Order: 6012‏.

The only issue I have now is the fact that I still "owe $40" for the gauges? Price was $345 a set and I added the black SS face, plus $10 extra for you having to order them, and shipping. I used the code YOU provided and it brought my total to: $348.55 and even so, if the discount code was to much, thats not on me, cause I used the second code you provided on Facebook?

Justin
Justin,

6012 is for the dvc30 kit, when ordered Devils own is automatically notified to ship it. I have a call into them and an email asking them not to ship it. Once I hear back that it hasn't shipped it can be refunded. I should hear back from them in a few hours.

As far as the gauge goes. The price was $389.99 minus $35 for the special order gauge. It was $45 off for the instock ones. Somehow you ordered the gauge with a base price of $349.99 and then took $35 off of that. That is where the $40 extra comes from. Unfortunately I can't honor that price, I would lose $30.

Thanks
Josh
Josh,

OK just keep me up to date on the Meth kit. As far as the gauges go, I still dont feel that I should be FULLY responsible for paying all that difference. If I were to buy something at a Walk-In store and it was priced to low, and checked out, I would not have to pay the difference, thats on the store for not paying attention to detail-just sayin'

Justin
I know what you are saying. The problem is that our website automatically process's orders, so when there is an error it goes through anyways. I really can't do much for you Justin, I gave you the gauge $9 over cost to cover the fee's. Let me think about some options and get back to you.

Josh
Josh,
Do you have any update on order #6012(Meth Kit and Injection Plate)
The dvc30 kit wasn't shipped so I will get it cancelled.

Josh
Sorry Justin I have been busy and thought I had already got back to you on this on Saturday. After looking over the order we only have one option for it, we are going to give you a full refund. It is most likely already being processed and you should see it in a day or two.

Thanks
Josh
Thanks for the update, but I have not been informed via paypal that a refund is in the process.

I also have order Number: 5987‏ that I have not got an update on either? OTTP Cobalt Shifter Base Bushings.

So now I need:
PayPal verification for order #5998 that I am indeen getting a refund.
Update on Order #5987, are you refunding me that one also? or shipping it out any time soon?

Justin
If you have multiple orders they were most likely being held to ship together. The one that isn't cancelled will still ship.

Josh

A couple of thoughts about your orders......

You asked for a discount code for out of stock duals. I made it just for you.

You knew what the price on the gauge was supposed to be from our facebook page and black friday thread.

You still placed the order even though it was $40 off the quoted price and you knew it was wrong.

You never contacted me about the price being wrong.

Your order was refunded in full, and that was before I even noticed this thread.

You asked for a discount code for the meth kit. I made it just for you. You wanted it cancelled because you had spent too much money and couldn't make either your car or house payment. It was cancelled.

You complain about poor communication yet you have only pmed me on a website that we advertise on. No emails or messages in the help center on our website. I don't get on here everyday or even every other day....this is not the best place to contact me.

You started off by saying you have always had problems with us. I'd like to hear more about this.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Here is the full conversation.

A couple of thoughts about your orders......

You asked for a discount code for out of stock duals. I made it just for you.

You knew what the price on the gauge was supposed to be from our facebook page and black friday thread.

You still placed the order even though it was $40 off the quoted price and you knew it was wrong.

You never contacted me about the price being wrong.

Your order was refunded in full, and that was before I even noticed this thread.

You asked for a discount code for the meth kit. I made it just for you. You wanted it cancelled because you had spent too much money and couldn't make either your car or house payment. It was cancelled.

You complain about poor communication yet you have only pmed me on a website that we advertise on. No emails or messages in the help center on our website. I don't get on here everyday or even every other day....this is not the best place to contact me.

You started off by saying you have always had problems with us. I'd like to hear more about this.

These are all good points.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24
Does OTTP have an actual office location or is it just some kid selling Cobalt SS parts out of his garage?

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
I think you're right.

At the bottom of their web pages it says
6065 Arnold Rd., Cottrellville, MI 48039

That's a house. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths.
6065 Arnold Rd, Cottrellville, MI 48039 - Zillow

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=6065+...cbp=12,0,0,0,0
The business is located next to the house in a 2000 sqft shop. If I were you I wouldn't go listen to a work Chris said. Just look at his complaint about our mounts and you will see that he is dishonest at best and has an axe to grind.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
its a thread strictly about ottp and the OP. Please do not involve other vendors, or this is just going to be a mud slinging thread.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

The business is located next to the house in a 2000 sqft shop. If I were you I wouldn't go listen to a work Chris said. Just look at his complaint about our mounts and you will see that he is dishonest at best and has an axe to grind.
I personally couldn't care less where you do your work. I was just answering the question as best I could see. Wouldn't matter to me if you had a computer set up next to the john in your bathroom and had a fulfillment center in Singapore as long as the parts show up when they are supposed to. I don't know why anyone else would care.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Aaaaaand there it is, what happened, actually
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
You're retarded. I told you I wanted to cancel the TD after reading reviews from you that there isn't a need to have both the ITD AND the LNF rear mount on top of your spacer. Go dig up that thread and post results. Thanks
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM

Must be the same automated system that automatically charges your card despite items being out of stock. Damn that system!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Banned

Well now that the truth is out we can clearly see the op edited his pms to make it appear ottp was gonna charge him a restocking fee on the gauges, but it was for the meth kit he had asked to cancel that the restocking fee was for, op dont be so dishonest.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM

I still can't believe all this happened because of $ 40.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

take notes

Best Buy Sends Customers 5 iPads By Mistake, Says To Keep Them Anyway - Yahoo! Finance
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24
Most likely this.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 PM

Well now that the truth is out we can clearly see the op edited his pms to make it appear ottp was gonna charge him a restocking fee on the gauges, but it was for the meth kit he had asked to cancel that the restocking fee was for, op dont be so dishonest.

Not only that but........Let's use logic...

So I have always had problems with OTTP, but this is the most recent problem that I have been having with them............

So yeah, this is just one of the many stories I have about my interactions with OTTP. I have heard other people also having issues with OTTP.

Thanks
Justin
So he's always had problems with OTTP but continues to buy from them? This is just one of the many stories he has yet he doesn't mind submitting more orders knowing that they're probably gonna suck too?

Sorry but I don't buy the OP's complaint. The moment any business upsets me, they are DONE unless I absolutely need it. No offense to OTTP because they have always handled me well but.....they don't really have anything you can't get somewhere else so why would the OP CONTINUE to make purchases from an alleged crappy vendor?

Just saying..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Banned

Im pretty sure best buy has so much money that 5 ipad was like giving a homeless 2 dollars to them.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Im pretty sure best buy has so much money that 5 ipad was like giving a homeless 2 dollars to them.
Troof

Quick Reply: Problems with OTTP