Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Thmotorsports review

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thmotorsports review

I recently ordered a set of Autometer gauges from THMOTORSPORTS. Invoice number 71711. I received an immediate invoice by email, but no tracking number.

7 days later, still no tracking number. I contacted the shipping department, as is requested on the invoice. Hold time was 35 minutes. I was told "I will have to check with the warehouse or call the vendor". I informed them that I had read some complaints on Yelp that were recent, that indicated less than stellar service. I asked how I could cancel the order. I was told to use the online cancellation form. I did.

Next day, another 30 minutes on hold. I was connected to the same person from the day before. He did not have a tracking number. He could not tell me if the item was available, would be shipped, or was cancelled. He just didn't know. I again requested confirmation of the cancellation. If I ordered from Jegs today, it would ship today and I would have the gauges in 2 days. He promised me an email confirmation of the cancellation, which never came.

Next day. I PM'd them through this site, and explained the situation. This was suggested by them on this site in December, in response to a complaint by another person. That afternoon I received an email with a tracking number.

The gauges had actually been with UPS for 2 days. The shipping department was unaware of this, and could not provide reliable information during either of the phone calls to them.

Summary

1) Shipping department has no clue. Plain and simple.

2) Price was about 10% ($35) cheaper than Jegs or Summit.

3) Item did not ship until day 7 after order.

4) If I had ordered from Jegs without confirmation of the cancellation, I would have an extra set of gauges I don't need, and can't return.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor

Hi casias,

Sorry for the inconvenience I looked in to it and it looks like it didn't ship till the distributor was in stock. We are currently re-vamping our shipping department to provide better service! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with just PM me and if you plan on ordering anything I will gladly help you out thank you.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:52 PM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
THM is just a dropshipper. They're a middleman. When you buy something from THM, they buy it from a wholesaler or manufacturer for less and then sell it to you for a profit. The places THM buys from either have it shipped to you on THM's behalf or the item gets shipped to THM and then to you (double postage which adds to the price THM charges).

Essentially, when you buy from THM, there are two companies and two shipping departments and two inventories involved. You're dealing with THM and THM is dealing with someone else. This is a recipe for confusion and delays. If you email or call THM for the status on something, THM has to get with someone else and then get back to you. Since THM is using someone else's inventory, it also leads to selling items that are no longer in stock. If you look at the wide variety of parts THM sells for tons of different platforms, you will see that they probably deal with a LOT of other companies. THM says they only keep their best selling items in stock. The chances that those are Cobalt items are pretty slim.

The last time I tried to buy something from THM, three things happened:

- They got me mixed up with some random guy from Canada and quoted an extra $100 for shipping.

- THM didn't even have the item in stock after repeatedly bumping a thread (along with a million other threads).... and the item wouldn't be in stock for two months.

- Their "amazingly low" price for a set of coilovers was a whopping $20 cheaper than the first (and only) competitor I checked with.

Now... in THM's defense:

- They do seem to try hard and please customers most of the time, which probably isn't easy considering all of the other companies they're dealing with.

- THM does take the time to reply to PMs and posts, which is more than a lot of other vendors on here do. When's the last time Hahn even got on css?

- The competitor that was $20 more was JMAutoracing. JM wouldn't even come down $20 on a set of coilovers to match THM. JM also wanted to charge a $9 "handling/insurance" fee. This is a bs fee. It's basically like the documentation fee car dealers try to hit you up for when buying a car. If you want us to pay for your guy to pull it from a shelf or you want us to pay for the price of the box or you want us to pay to have the item shipped to you from somewhere else or you want us to pay for insurance, roll that handling and insurance fee into the price of your product. Free shipping should be...... free shipping.

Basically THM can suck, but in my experience, they suck less than JM.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:41 AM

I've been waiting 8 months for a product that they were going to have machined for me. I was told the turnaround was 1 month. I wish I would have gone locally to the race shop.

I don't even have the clutch line, and I've been asking to have it sent back for 2 months now, and keep getting "We sent it to a new machine shop because the other one was slow"... Which contradicts my previous follow-ups which said "Yeah they have it made, they're testing the fittings now".

The only way I can get updates or any "information" for that matter is by sending a PM and waiting hopefully for a reply, they have never reached out to me since I sent the line to them.

Now they cannot receive PMs so it looks like I'm out $100 because a company promised things that they couldn't deliver, and now they're gone. Just like a snake oil salesman.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only thing I ever bought from them was rear koni's and they arrived fast and although tirerack was cheaper they were out of stock.