Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Trouble with THMotorsports and TERRIBLE shipping practices...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Trouble with THMotorsports and TERRIBLE shipping practices...

I ordered a set of stainless steel brake lines and also a stainless steel clutch line from them on November 26th (Monday). Spent 155.00 shipped which I thought was a pretty fair deal... Little did I know...

So anyway, after ordering the lines I send "Money has been sent! Let me know the tracking info. Thanks."

To which Jon replies: "will do!"

After reading that I am expecting I will get a "shipped!" PM from him within a day or two, I mean, he has a thread on here pages long of people ordering these things. So figuring they would be shipped by the following Wednesday (28th) or even Thursday (29th) would not be unreasonable....

Well I didn't hear ANYTHING until I finally PM Jon again about it and I say: "Did that ship yet?"

He says: "Please contact our shipping department at 800-959-0145 and choose the shipping options OR email them at: shipping@thmotorsports.com."

So I am thinking WTF? You said YOU WOULD let me know when they shipped and instead I have to contact you to have you tell me to contact someone else?! What kind of **** is this?

After more time spent emailing their pathetic shipping department (to which never replied to me to let me know what was going on) and more time on the PHONE with their shipping department I finally find out that the God damn lines are OUT OF STOCK and have to be ordered from some other place.... and I am not going to get them until late NEXT week. So after placing this order on a Monday thinking that I'd have them that weekend I know find myself having to wait over 3 weeks to finally get a product that if the company had told me was out of stock I would have NEVER bought from them... Overall this is the last time this place gets my business.

After discussing this with a friend of mine who is also a member on this site (Neodous) He advised me he had nothing but problems with shipping from this company too, for ALMOST the same reason! (out of stock bullshit). This is a pathetic way to run a business, if you don't have the parts readily available SAY YOU DON'T!

Just wanted to post this to make sure no one else gets screwed over on their terrible shipping methods. Hope it helps someone.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM

wow, instead of bashing the company maybe have the issue fully resolved first, jon has been great with me on things
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by strazdice
wow, instead of bashing the company maybe have the issue fully resolved first, jon has been great with me on things

Still haven't got the item and I was never told it was sold out before buying... not really sure how one fixes shady business... it wasn't just Jon. It's the whole company.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:29 PM

Gunna be honest. If it was that important that you got them the same week you probably should have asked if they were in stock.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JAYNO20
I ordered a set of stainless steel brake lines and also a stainless steel clutch line from them on November 26th (Monday). Spent 155.00 shipped which I thought was a pretty fair deal... Little did I know...

So anyway, after ordering the lines I send "Money has been sent! Let me know the tracking info. Thanks."

After reading that I am expecting I will get a "shipped!" PM from him within a day or two, I mean, he has a thread on here pages long of people ordering these things. So figuring they would be shipped by the following Wednesday (28th) or even Thursday (29th) would not be unreasonable....

Well I didn't hear ANYTHING until I finally PM Jon again about it and I say: "Did that ship yet?"

He says: "Please contact our shipping department at 800-959-0145 and choose the shipping options OR email them at: shipping@thmotorsports.com."

So I am thinking WTF? You said YOU WOULD let me know when they shipped and instead I have to contact you to have you tell me to contact someone else?! What kind of **** is this?

After more time spent emailing their pathetic shipping department (to which never replied to me to let me know what was going on) and more time on the PHONE with their shipping department I finally find out that the God damn lines are OUT OF STOCK and have to be ordered from some other place.... and I am not going to get them until late NEXT week. So after placing this order on a Monday thinking that I'd have them that weekend I know find myself having to wait over 3 weeks to finally get a product that if the company had told me was out of stock I would have NEVER bought from them... Overall this is the last time this place gets my business.

After discussing this with a friend of mine who is also a member on this site (Neodous) He advised me he had nothing but problems with shipping from this company too, for ALMOST the same reason! (out of stock bullshit). This is a pathetic way to run a business, if you don't have the parts readily available SAY YOU DON'T!

Just wanted to post this to make sure no one else gets screwed over on their terrible shipping methods. Hope it helps someone.

First, i do the same thing as when i ship stuff as paypal emails the customers, i dont personally let them know.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by thedude411
Gunna be honest. If it was that important that you got them the same week you probably should have asked if they were in stock.

Lol it's not about being important that I got them that week it's about the shitty communication and thelack of info provided. They should have told ME at the time of sale they were out of stock. That is how proper business is handled.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13

First, i do the same thing as when i ship stuff as paypal emails the customers, i dont personally let them know.
That would be fine if he didn't personally say he'd let me know then never did.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Again, I say the same thing as my "Paypal" will email them when it ships. Common sence to some i guess not all.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM

what has Jon said since? have you tried to contact him instead of airing your business to all if us? Its the holidays man, companies run outta of stock on things, I UNDERSTAND what your saying when Jon should've stayed with what he told you. If you started to figure something was wrong you should've immediatly started to contact him not wait out on things. I just hope it gets resolved for ya, GOOD LUCK man
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM

what has Jon said since? have you tried to contact him instead of airing your business to all if us? Its the holidays man, companies run outta of stock on things, I UNDERSTAND what your saying when Jon should've stayed with what he told you. If you started to figure something was wrong you should've immediatly started to contact him not wait out on things. I just hope it gets resolved for ya, GOOD LUCK man

I contacted him and he told me to call the company. I called them and then that's how I figured out I wasn't getting them for weeks...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor

Wow..... there is a lot going on here. This was just brought to my attention with a friend of mine telling me about it. I really wish you would have brought this to my attention directly. But there are a lot of things I need to clear up here for everyone before this gets out of hand. Lots of mis-information going on and people should hear the other side of things when we have other long standing members and vendors saying this is not like THMotorsports.

To the original poster.... you have PM! Please check your inbox.

First, let me say this. THMotorsports is sorry about the hassle but there a few things here are not correct. I'd like to set a few things straight.

No one is getting screwed here. You WILL get your parts and if you would like a full refund, I'd be happy to issue one. Furthermore, we will not sell anything we can not deliver on. If I sold you something and you needed it by a certain time frame, i would have stated it for the record. If you do not list a time frame, the item will be processed accordingly and then were at the mercy of the manufacture to process the order.

Now.... concerning the clutch and brake lines we sell. They all go through a local manufacture which BUILDS them on the spot. Granted... it is the holidays and I believe you placed your order right next to black friday, there will be a high call volume plus availability will be displaced.

If you have a quote from me via PM or email stating they were in-stock then thats a different situation. The only reason why I stated that you should contact shipping for availability is because that is what our shipping department does best. We do notify our customer if an order has been shipped because we have an automated system that does but you never received a notice because they never shipped.

I would tend to agree. I never received a PM, call or an email about this problem.

Still haven't got the item and I was never told it was sold out before buying... not really sure how one fixes shady business... it wasn't just Jon. It's the whole company.
How can we be shady when we have an "A+" rating on the BBB and we have the best rating on every forum on the entire internet. You placed your order during the most busiest time of the season and assumed it was in-stock. Furthermore, the item is built to order since all it is lines and fittings. The build + shipping time is always low but considering the high volume we sold of the same sets, this is why there is a delay. Did you state you needed them by a certain time? I would have told you exactly where you stood. In this business, it's all about under promising and over delivering.

Originally Posted by thedude411
I agree. I would have stated it in an honest fashion as well. If you have this questions being posed to me, you already have a PM from me. Lets keep PM's private and shoot it on over to me please.

Our entire shipping system is 98% automated. Everyone gets an email notification with tracking number that it has been shipped.

Lol it's not about being important that I got them that week it's about the shitty communication and thelack of info provided. They should have told ME at the time of sale they were out of stock. That is how proper business is handled.
I agree I could have stated it but considering the hundreds of orders during the time you placed your order in the highest and most busiest time of the season. Not everyone is going to get detailed information. Best thing that you could have done is called me, emailed me, anything at all to bring the issue to my attention. At the same time, as a consumer, you have to ask if it's in-stock. Our entire website states either in-stock or ships from manufacture.

Again, I say the same thing as my "Paypal" will email them when it ships. Common sence to some i guess not all.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08
Companies aren't going to tell you they're out of stock so you can order from someone else. They'll make you sit on it because they want your money.
False. We ALWAYS tell our customer if something is in-stock or not but it is up to the consumer to ask. The OP placed an order on the busiest time of the year, these things happen.

Nope. I have had no email, text, phone call, instant message, private message, nothing to tell me about this problem. I can not rectify or correct a problem with the original poster not bringing it to my attention. But now that I'm here, I'm here to help in any way I can.

I contacted him and he told me to call the company. I called them and then that's how I figured out I wasn't getting them for weeks...
False. I have NEVER told a customer to contact the company themselves. EVER. And this is not possible because the manufacture does not take calls from the consumer as they do not sell directly either.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor

UPDATE

Original poster has been PM'd. Item is set to deliver tomorrow and already in-transit. Also.... original poster has been given a compensation package for his troubles which is more than fair and will allow the OP to make money back in the end. The original poster has been PM'd and I have requested a call or PM back.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
sounds like he made it right, good customer service.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thmotorsports
UPDATE

Original poster has been PM'd. Item is set to deliver tomorrow and already in-transit. Also.... original poster has been given a compensation package for his troubles which is more than fair and will allow the OP to make money back in the end. The original poster has been PM'd and I have requested a call or PM back.
Wow, that's pretty awesome if you ask me. I've never heard of a business doing this as far as car parts go.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

Jon always hooks it up, i bought a set of stance coils a while back took 3 days to get to me from chicago and i was in seattle, he even threw in a couple extra things for me ontop of the coils.

A+ THMotorsports
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 PM

OK it's really great that Jon looked at this and attempted to take care of it. I really like that they care enough to do this, the only problem is I shouldn't have to post stuff like this to get anyone's attention.

Now don't get me wrong, him contacting me restores PART of my belief that this company has my best interest in heart but I am still a little concerned about a few of the things that he claims are "not true" considering I have PM's from him showing it is in fact, true.

I am NOT ok with the way this stuff went down, again, him contacting me and trying to make it right helps quite a bit, but a lot of this should have went differently.

Let me clear a few things up here...

No one is getting screwed here. You WILL get your parts and if you would like a full refund, I'd be happy to issue one. Furthermore, we will not sell anything we can not deliver on. If I sold you something and you needed it by a certain time frame, i would have stated it for the record. If you do not list a time frame, the item will be processed accordingly and then were at the mercy of the manufacture to process the order.
Never did I say that I was getting screwed, I know damn well I'll get my parts, or I'll get my money back, that was never a concern. I know through your companies reputation on this website that you would deliver on the parts at some point. I as well as others here, do NOT feel I should have to ask YOU about whether or not the item is in stock, YOU should have let ME know that, that's just good business.

If you have a quote from me via PM or email stating they were in-stock then thats a different situation. The only reason why I stated that you should contact shipping for availability is because that is what our shipping department does best. We do notify our customer if an order has been shipped because we have an automated system that does but you never received a notice because they never shipped.
That's all fine and dandy, other than the fact YOU personally said in a PM that YOU would let ME know when the item shipped, not that I would have to call your company to find out.

I would tend to agree. I never received a PM, call or an email about this problem.
I would too. At no point did I "bash" anything. I stated NOTHING but the truth, bashing would imply I was lying.

How can we be shady when we have an "A+" rating on the BBB and we have the best rating on every forum on the entire internet. You placed your order during the most busiest time of the season and assumed it was in-stock. Furthermore, the item is built to order since all it is lines and fittings. The build + shipping time is always low but considering the high volume we sold of the same sets, this is why there is a delay. Did you state you needed them by a certain time? I would have told you exactly where you stood. In this business, it's all about under promising and over delivering.
"Shady" is actually the fact that you did NOT let me know the lines were not in stock. I am the customer, I get to assume, you don't. In the future I hope you let people know these things, and how exactly am I supposed to know how many of these things you sold? Or how many you had on hand? I don't have access to your inventory, YOU DO!

Our entire shipping system is 98% automated. Everyone gets an email notification with tracking number that it has been shipped.
Again, that would be fine and dandy if YOU hadn't promised me YOURSELF that you would let me know when the item shipped.

I agree I could have stated it but considering the hundreds of orders during the time you placed your order in the highest and most busiest time of the season. Not everyone is going to get detailed information. Best thing that you could have done is called me, emailed me, anything at all to bring the issue to my attention. At the same time, as a consumer, you have to ask if it's in-stock. Our entire website states either in-stock or ships from manufacture.
Actually, that is YOUR duty to let ME know if it is in stock or not. Don't assume I don't care that I won't get it for almost a month. Again, I am the customer, I am allowed to assume.

False. We ALWAYS tell our customer if something is in-stock or not but it is up to the consumer to ask. The OP placed an order on the busiest time of the year, these things happen.
Actually THIS is "FALSE" you let the customer know, don't make them ask when we have no idea what YOUR inventory is. Just be up front like an HONEST business would be.

Nope. I have had no email, text, phone call, instant message, private message, nothing to tell me about this problem. I can not rectify or correct a problem with the original poster not bringing it to my attention. But now that I'm here, I'm here to help in any way I can.
YES you did actually get a message from me, and you told me to contact the shipping department... that was a HUGE help. Thank you VERY much.

False. I have NEVER told a customer to contact the company themselves. EVER. And this is not possible because the manufacture does not take calls from the consumer as they do not sell directly either.
I NEVER said you had me contact the manufacture, I said you had me contact your company (THM) and you did. After saying you'd let me know about when the item shipped, you said "contact our shipping department at blah blah blah"

I can post pictures of my PM box if required. I am not trying to "bash" here I just simply want to make sure the entire forum knows they could have this same problem with shipping. Simply put YOU should be letting people know about your inventory, don't make us ask something that we assume considering you are selling it. If you are actively selling the produce the customer is going to assume it's in stock and you know that. That's all this is.

I am glad Jon contacted me and it made me think about MAYBE doing business with his company in the future, but to be honest, I think its too little, too late.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 AM

This is going to just turn into a pissing match of he said she said, it's been resolved, so
Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by BoostedEco
This is going to just turn into a pissing match of he said she said, it's been resolved, so
No "he said, she said" here, I have proof of everything I stated. I am just making sure the people of cobaltss.net understand their shipping practices before they buy. Apparently everyone needs to ask him first if they have the item in stock. Hopefully everyone else here knows that or they will end up in my situation.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just have to point something out. you say that if you were informed of the lines being out of stock you wouldn't have ordered them. so you would have waited for them. which is what you're doing now.

and you asked him to send you a pm when they shipped. and they didn't ship, so you never got a pm lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
i just have to point something out. you say that if you were informed of the lines being out of stock you wouldn't have ordered them. so you would have waited for them. which is what you're doing now.

and you asked him to send you a pm when they shipped. and they didn't ship, so you never got a pm lol.
I wouldn't have ordered from him knowing what I know now.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 AM

The only thing that isnt right what THMotorsports did is not tell the OP that the product was out of stock. ANY legit company should always tell a customer if the product their buying is out of stock. Whats absurd is that THM expected the OP to call the company after he placed an online order to make sure that its in stock. Someone placing an order online in noway should be expected to then go and call the company to make sure they have it, ESCPECIALLY after its already been payed for. I dont care how busy you were on black friday, Best Buy who does 1000x the business you do and is infinitly busier on black friday then THM lets you know immediatly if a product is out of stock. Using black friday as an excuse is just a cop out
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by eccarwiz
The only thing that isnt right what THMotorsports did is not tell the OP that the product was out of stock. ANY legit company should always tell a customer if the product their buying is out of stock. Whats absurd is that THM expected the OP to call the company after he placed an online order to make sure that its in stock. Someone placing an order online in noway should be expected to then go and call the company to make sure they have it, ESCPECIALLY after its already been payed for. I dont care how busy you were on black friday, Best Buy who does 1000x the business you do and is infinitly busier on black friday then THM lets you know immediatly if a product is out of stock. Using black friday as an excuse is just a cop out
THANK GOD! Someone understands. I posted this only for you guys, just so you know what you are getting into when you buy from them. Jon sent me a PM asking me to delete this thread and he'd give me my next order at cost or he was going to tell a mod to delete it anyway. They really don't want anyone to know of their shady shipping practices...

Here is what Jon sent me:

"I would respectfully request that you take down your thread. In your return, I can over you your whole order at cost and make your next order at cost as well regardless of what you order. This will more than compensate you now and in the future.

If not, I will need to get a moderator involved and I dont want to make this any uglier than what it needs to be."

I am giving up the chance to get this stuff at cost just because you guys need to know who/what you are really dealing with. I am VERY hesitant to buy from this place in the future knowing they are willing to BRIBE people to give them good reviews. Shady, shady, shady.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 AM

Old 12-12-2012, 01:14 AM

THANK GOD! Someone understands. I posted this only for you guys, just so you know what you are getting into when you buy from them. Jon sent me a PM asking me to delete this thread and he'd give me my next order at cost or he was going to tell a mod to delete it anyway. They really don't want anyone to know of their shady shipping practices...

Here is what Jon sent me:

"I would respectfully request that you take down your thread. In your return, I can over you your whole order at cost and make your next order at cost as well regardless of what you order. This will more than compensate you now and in the future.

If not, I will need to get a moderator involved and I dont want to make this any uglier than what it needs to be."

I am giving up the chance to get this stuff at cost just because you guys need to know who/what you are really dealing with. I am VERY hesitant to buy from this place in the future knowing they are willing to BRIBE people to give them good reviews. Shady, shady, shady.
I'm not saying that you handled the situtation 100% correctly but I understand where u are coming from. It seems like everyone else who posted in this thread just has a hard on for THM.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 AM

I'm not saying that you handled the situtation 100% correctly but I understand where u are coming from. It seems like everyone else who posted in this thread just has a hard on for THM.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Like I said, I only posted this so you guys know who you are dealing with. The deals he tried to bribe me with don't mean anything to me because I doubt I'll be buying from them in the future. Take it for what its worth, I just hope THM takes something away from this too... Like start telling people when they order if their item is in stock or if they are going to wait almost a month for it.

Seems easy to me...

Quick Reply: Trouble with THMotorsports and TERRIBLE shipping practices...