Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not name calling when you are worthless.. Unless you want to be considered #1 **** talker..

Dude just get out and get a life.. It was a faulty part... End of story.. Shut happens get over it..
Originally Posted by Area47
it was? hmmm thats odd. because the end of the run would be at or near 6k. not starting at 5k then carrying out even farther.

yes, lets resort to name calling. that is the mature way to handle it. it's simple. you made a gross error and can't admit to it. it really is that simple.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
not name calling when you are worthless.. Unless you want to be considered #1 **** talker..

Dude just get out and get a life.. It was a faulty part... End of story.. Shut happens get over it..
i actually have a good life, contrary to what you may think.

you seem to have a running theme going for the past 6 months. might want to correct that, or stop doing whatever it is you think you're doing.

as far as being worthless. not really. i proved the exact point i was after today. on multiple levels actually.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the hell happened in here?
I'm missing a lot of points, but I'm sure TTR is not forcing anyone to buy their IM.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Banned

A running theme lmfao. Your a joke.. You may have a life, and it may be great. I honestly don't care about your life.. Not my part to worry.. But when you start **** with me il come in.

The only thing you proved is countless other vendors have to show no proof on there's products but TTR has to show more then dyno graphs and so on.. That's more the. Any other company's

Good job

you seem to have a running theme going for the past 6 months. might want to correct that, or stop doing whatever it is you think you're doing.

as far as being worthless. not really. i proved the exact point i was after today. on multiple levels actually.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
TTR Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Area and ccss3 take it somewhere else.

Area, if you want the data you ask for..

Go buy one and do it yourself.

If not. Please Leave my thread.

James, Chill out. This isnt the place to talk non sense/non ttr related.

I'm asking you guys to please do what i ask. Nothing more.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Rent me! per hour

proof is a mere phone call away. yes, lets go back to the failure of a dyno graph. that is a brilliantly dead horse.

i could give you a dyno graph between a k&n filter and a aem filter. that really doesn't mean anything in the end. you're failing to see the whole basis behind why i posted what i did and why it is actually a big deal to provide that information.

if the people do not have a voice who will speak for them and their thoughts, they will ultimately succumb to corporations telling them what they need. wants and needs are usually two very different things. this rule applies heavily on after market intake manifolds.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by Team SS
Area and ccss3 take it somewhere else.

Area, if you want the data you ask for..

Go buy one and do it yourself.

If not. Please Leave my thread.

James, Chill out. This isnt the place to talk non sense/non ttr related.

I'm asking you guys to please do what i ask. Nothing more.

Thanks
i have zero reason to buy something without mathematical proof of it's efficiency and effectiveness over a stock piece. the whole reason behind me coming in here is to protect MY customers from a piece that will yield a dollar per/hp gain of two degree's of timing change. im sorry that you feel the need to repeat yourself. you have a choice in the matter being the "tester" for it. you know what numbers people have been asking for. i actually find it wildly absurd that you or aaron can not take half a day to get the required data. to me, and some other members, this is a huge slap in the face. seems like ttr doesn't really care about this customers wants and needs in this particular aspect.

do you honestly think wcch/prc/mast/ or any other big name lsx cylinder head people would actually still be in business if they didn't provide the data the customers desire?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
i have zero reason to buy something without mathematical proof of it's efficiency and effectiveness over a stock piece. the whole reason behind me coming in here is to protect MY customers from a piece that will yield a dollar per/hp gain of two degree's of timing change. im sorry that you feel the need to repeat yourself. you have a choice in the matter being the "tester" for it. you know what numbers people have been asking for. i actually find it wildly absurd that you or aaron can not take half a day to get the required data. to me, and some other members, this is a huge slap in the face. seems like ttr doesn't really care about this customers wants and needs in this particular aspect.

do you honestly think wcch/prc/mast/ or any other big name lsx cylinder head people would actually still be in business if they didn't provide the data the customers desire?
OKay we dont care about our customers . Glad you are NOT our customer.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
[The same software Powell used for his YYZ springs. None, as he stated it was $50,000 or such, and why V2 came out to lower a bit more, altered spring rates.

The same software Powell used to test the PVC oil separator. None, it is being tested by members.
I have stayed out of this thread so Keep my name out of this thread please Aaron.

In the case of YYZ springs and our PCV system you simply dont know what you are talking about, and have NO IDEA what engineering or development went into these parts.
It has nothing to do with this thread.
But suffice it to say that the engineering partners in the development project for the Powell parts you have named have impeccable credentials.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
OKay we dont care about our customers . Glad you are NOT our customer.
you just provided a mass of people with ammunition with that comment that could be taken out of context and used against you.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned

Get out children. Go suck on your thumbs and whine.

Last edited by Chevycobaltss3; 12-18-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

Old 12-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here's my take on the subject. i'm coming at this totally 3rd party. forget i'm a mod, pretend i drive a pruis and not a zzp engine/turbo.

you cannot have a technical review thread if you don't have any technical information. this should have been a "hey ttr made a new manifold! it makes a little more power than stock. and the quality is great" and thats about all that can be said.

if you DO have technical information great. but you aren't posting it. so you should take it to pm's and talk between yourselves (team, aaron, ccss3).

every turbo will act differently. you can't say what the stock turbo will do without actually testing it. just like zzp testing the batmowheel for the ko4. they didn't just make it and say "okay here it is, buy up". they tested it. showed their findings in detail. and it happened to be that it in order to get the most out of the new wheel, pushing the turbo just wasn't worth it. so the idea was scrapped. that is testing. i'm sorry, but putting a part on a car and making a nominal hp increase on a larger than stock turbo, and then putting it out on the market is not testing.

people are bringing up very good points. zzp made over 700 WHEEL horsepower on the stock manifold. so yeah in my opinion spending $600 or $700 on this intake manifold looking for a nominal whp increase is pointless. The only reason i want an lsj version is because lets be honest, it looks pretty sick, and i like the way it orients the tb down and you can have a hidden piping setup. but i wouldn't buy it for an lnf when stock works fine. i would spend that money on cams and the fuel system and make 500+ whp on a turbo swap

but then when Bryan(area), or anyone else, comes in to ask technical questions about runner cfm and velocity, other posts are made and Aaron just reports them and says they're useless. i'm sorry but they're not useless, and i'm not going to take any action with reports like that -which is exactly what i told you in pm's aaron. you ask any company that makes intake manifolds. from $200 honda manifolds to $3,500 632ci nitrous sheet metal manifolds. a vendor will ALWAYS give you any spec you want to know. because THAT is what sells products. THAT is what makes your product stand out from the rest. you can't expect to sell a product when you don't give out any information on it. regardless of the company or make/model of the car.

by posting this am i saying F ttr, this manifold is crap! no i'm not. i'm saying if you want to put it on the market and be successful with it. test it by doing more than just putting it on a dyno with a nonstock turbo. PROVE that its worth the cost. that the gains on a stock turbo are worth the $600 vs spending that on other mods. perhaps it actually isn't beneficial for a stock turbo at all. maybe you can team up and this manifold could be used on ZZP turbo kits or other larger 58mm+ turbos where the gains vs stock will really show. but unless you test that, no one will know...

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 12-18-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
Name:  34nrwwx.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  70.3 KB

There is a difference between simply having differences in opinion and being mature about it, to calling someone a d-bag because they see things differently than someone else.

Dragging other vendors into this who have nothing to do with it is a little off topic as well.

People are asking for information which is not being provided for whatever reason to help them understand the gains and potential of this piece, and instead are insinuated to be trolls. Makes no sense.

Theres just too much bs in here to even try and edit and clean up. This is the end result.