Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True, but isn't our fuel system a closed loop?? I'm not going to argue that having a injector per runner is best, but even if its slightly uneven its not going to be by a huge margin 1-2% at most. Remember I have a different 5th injector than ZZP's design.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Banned

i know which was why i stated yours isnt that bad. Our system is closed loop but the system runs off all 4 to the wideband to meter fueling. Not each cylinder. in the stock intake the runners are uneven and also 1/4 are farther then 2/3 where you have the injector. Which is better then the zzp one in my eyes. But when the injector comes into play the fuel atomization will hit the closest cylinders more then the others..

Its like so, i had a customer that had a faulty injector that was leaking. so that cylinder was getting to much fuel. Now the other three cylinders had to compensate for this which then causes a lean condition in those three. (I wasnt around this guys car to log it) but i had him take it to the dealer because he stated the car was full of fuel in the cylinder. When i did tune the car everything was fine. If he would have kept on driving the car he would have been screwed!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Interesting reading.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 PM
TTR Powered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:17 AM

TTR, Question,

can i pay a core charge or deposit and have one for testing... ill get it logged and dynoed on my gms1-K&N-Catless-Injen CP and ZZP intercooler.

let me know if your interested, ill pay for the dyno and post results.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:25 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

they already tested it...
Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wol-shiver
TTR, Question,

can i pay a core charge or deposit and have one for testing... ill get it logged and dynoed on my gms1-K&N-Catless-Injen CP and ZZP intercooler.

Yeah it has already been tested. Just a swap over provided gains. If we did what you are asking for every setup, we would never sell one manifold.

Gains will depend on your setup.

Originally Posted by FrossB
they already tested it...
Your right on

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 10-25-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

thanks!

On the side of testing things...what about extra fueling being used with this manifold? Either injectors or meth nozzles. Any testing going to be done with that? And in the future, will that be an option when purchasing? (to have the manifold tapped for separate fueling)
Old 10-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor

thanks!

On the side of testing things...what about extra fueling being used with this manifold? Either injectors or meth nozzles. Any testing going to be done with that? And in the future, will that be an option when purchasing? (to have the manifold tapped for separate fueling)
We will be evaluating this and we might do this, offering a 4 injector system (1 per runner)/or meth.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

OHHHH im excited for that! lol
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor

OHHHH im excited for that! lol
All manifolds purchased now should be able to be converted over to a 4 injector fuel system in the future if we would release this.

We have to sell some manifolds first (of some good amount) before we invest more time into this project.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

That makes sense! Well hopefully come tax time you still are selling them and i will pick up one! But you shouldn't have a problem sell these
Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 AM

How many have you sold??
Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
TTR Powered

thanks!

FrossB That makes sense! Well hopefully come tax time you still are selling them and i will pick up one! But you shouldn't have a problem sell these

Bryce, I plan on Testing this manifold soon with Meth Nozzles ( One per Runner). (Around Mid-Late NOV)

But i know you will enjoy this Manifold and gains for your 5557

wol-shiver TTR, Question,

Already Been Tested. Read First Post.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can see this pushing the zfr over 400 easy on 91 Im so down with this mod. One again good job guys
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 AM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by alerosaint
I can see this pushing the zfr over 400 easy on 91 Im so down with this mod. One again good job guys

No Doubt
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Team SS
Bryce, I plan on Testing this manifold soon with Meth Nozzles ( One per Runner). (Around Mid-Late NOV)

But i know you will enjoy this Manifold and gains for your 5557

Already Been Tested. Read First Post.
Team,

testing it on a car with a blow off and swapped turbo does not equate to its been `tested` for customers on a stock turbo.

if the gains were had only because of the tune and turbo swap, then i would be out 600$, not for nothing of course as CSS3 said i will have better throttle response, but i am sure the stock turbo people would love to see the deltas between the two, stock and this.

is anyone else interested in this on a stock turbo that can chime in? i`m alone here!

Last edited by wol-shiver; 10-25-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 AM
TTR Powered

Team,

testing it on a car with a blow off and swapped turbo does not equate to its been `tested` for customers on a stock turbo.

if the gains were had only because of the tune and turbo swap, then i would be out 600$, not for nothing of course as CSS3 said i will have better throttle response, but i am sure the stock turbo people would love to see the delats between the two, stock and this.

sanyone else interested in this on a stock turbo that can chime in? i`m alone here!
This is where James (CCSS3) is better at the details in why lol.

Regardless of the "Turbo" Swap and "BOV" The gains are there for All and Any Turbo Setup.

Not just Throttle Response lol
Old 10-25-2012, 10:48 AM

Alright i give up. seems difficult to get tangibleinformation in regards to my setup.

i`ll look into it when my warranty runs out and i tune it, at least ill have the tests from page 1.

thanks.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

Team,

if the gains were had only because of the tune and turbo swap, then i would be out 600$, not for nothing of course as CSS3 said i will have better throttle response, but i am sure the stock turbo people would love to see the deltas between the two, stock and this.

is anyone else interested in this on a stock turbo that can chime in? i`m alone here!
Each application is different, we will NEVER be able to test all situations.

What you are not understanding is NOTHING changed other than the manifold from before an after, and james applied a boost ramp on the post tune (which causes the bottom end to look worse than it really should). VE's improved also which will be an improvement on all applications.

So the next member says, it should be tested on a ZFR/EFR turbo... As the BNR is to small... It never ends... The BNR turbo is a great middle of the road turbo.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned

The thing about this intake plenum: no matter if stock turbo or not. There will be gains, due to the shape of the intake which helps keep airflow straight (0 to little turbulence) it also helps lower intake temps by actually being a plenum and equal length runners which also help engine combustion temps. You will see gains with it just being a bolt on. Gains could be drastic with a tune or drastic without. But the best results come with a tune.

No matter what there will be power gain with it on a gm stage 1 car. On a complete stock car with stock sensors there will be gains just not over the 260chp
Old 10-25-2012, 11:05 AM

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! When do they go on sale?! haha and I would assume a bigger throttle body being a 2.4l tb would still make some gains yes?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ryansalazan
THIS IS AWESOME!!!! When do they go on sale?! haha and I would assume a bigger throttle body being a 2.4l tb would still make some gains yes?
They are on pre sale right now... Order now with others, and save:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/supp...e-sale-288255/
Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 AM

I'd agree with wol-shiver here... should be tested on a stock turbo just to compare what kind of numbers we are talking here in terms of improvement with the smaller cfm the k04 pushes.. for a $600 piece a 5wtq improvement would kinda suck in comparison to say a 20whp improvement. If we are talking on the higher end of things it makes for a much more likeable product for all of us, and besides a good chunk of members stay stock turbo so it will always be more common than the zfr/bnr/etc.. I'm not saying dyno numbers need to be done RIGHT NOW, but it would be nice to see the first stock turbo TTR manifold user to post up his results for sure. If TTR/James could work together and do this it would be all the better to compare!

and james, i respect your opinions as you are a great resource to us cobalt guys, but an IM with 90 degree bends almost everywhere in the design doesnt have 0 or little turbulance (at least in the plenum that is). I agree with you 100% though on the fact that plenum size is a main issue with the stock IM. I'm curious to see what you can do with stock turbo numbers on this manifold for sure!

Last edited by padlock; 10-25-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 AM
TTR Powered

Read post #145 & #146

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Racing LNF Intake Manifold!!