Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

1st, 3rd, 5th are fine: No 2nd, 4th, or Reverse?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YelloEye
Here's the part number for your shift cables, that top one is jacked for sure

GMpartsdirect has them for 101shipped, might try looking elsewhere for a better price.
A good friend of mine's dad works for GM in the Transmission and Shift Department and I told him about it. He's suppose to be throwing me a set for virtually free or next to nothing. Kind of lucked out on this one!

I considered getting that upgraded bracket but rumor has it that the "Upgraded LSJ Shift Bracket" is just the stock OEM LNF bracket.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
It is just an LNF bracket, it even says so on ZZP's website: "This is a GM revised shifter bracket for the LSJ." the GM part number listed at the top right brings it up on a GM catalog

ZZP charges just under retail pricing for it at $28+shipping, GMpartsdirect has them for $30shipped, see if your dad's friend can snag you one GM part# 55563732
Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-1...hatter-277445/

Might be a little bit interesting info. Tried to keep my post updated and informative ..
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Steviodaddio
Yea, like I said man it's no big deal. Nothing to complain about on my end, I just wish I wasn't having these problems! It's such a fun car to drive and it's killing me to have to take it in 2 days after buying it.

I go up to Traverse City every year and we roll through Cadi to pit stop at the Macd's right on the lake. I'll let you guys know this summer just in case something works out.

The shop I took it to said the end case needs to be replace due to a large crack across it as well as two huge dents (cause of the leak). He also mentioned that the bolts to mount it weren't even completely screwed in. I'm not going to point the finger at ZZP but the mechanic said the only way it would have been damaged that bad were either if it was in a huge front end crash or if the trans was dropped. It was "bone dry, not a drop of fluid" as he put it and said if I had drove on it another few days I could have blew the trans which scared the hell out of me. A nice price tag followed which didn't make me smile.
I have a half dozen end covers if you need one in my pile of F35 parts.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by mongorat427

Might have to PM you come clutch time. The casing where the shift cable support bolts to has a slightly modified bolt hole snapped a bolt off in it and had to drill it on one side to stress relieve the hole then weld on like 7 nuts to finally get the broken bolt out.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by mongorat427

I just got my car back from the shop, $514 to replace it which seems a bit steep for me but I guess I'm not fully aware if they had to drop the engine out of it to get that end-case off. For the end case alone straight from GM they charged me ~$160! Wish I would have talked to you a few days ago man, the money i'm dumping into this is killing me for just getting it

Originally Posted by YelloEye
It is just an LNF bracket, it even says so on ZZP's website: "This is a GM revised shifter bracket for the LSJ." the GM part number listed at the top right brings it up on a GM catalog

ZZP charges just under retail pricing for it at $28+shipping, GMpartsdirect has them for $30shipped, see if your dad's friend can snag you one GM part# 55563732
I was considering having him snag me one while he was at it but he's already getting me $100+ shift cables for free or pennies so I wasn't going to push my luck. The bracket seemed ok and worst case and I can just snag one off of ZZP for the 28 bucks, that doesn't worry me too much.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 AM

I just got my car back from the shop, $514 to replace it which seems a bit steep for me but I guess I'm not fully aware if they had to drop the engine out of it to get that end-case off. For the end case alone straight from GM they charged me ~$160! Wish I would have talked to you a few days ago man, the money i'm dumping into this is killing me for just getting it

I was considering having him snag me one while he was at it but he's already getting me $100+ shift cables for free or pennies so I wasn't going to push my luck. The bracket seemed ok and worst case and I can just snag one off of ZZP for the 28 bucks, that doesn't worry me too much.
Pick one up, firms up the shifter linkage and overall feel.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 AM

If it's the same part though what's the point?

I got the thing jimmy-rigged to shift with some heavy-duty tie wraps. Shifts perfectly and should hold until I get my new cables in so at least it's working at the moment.
Can throw a picture up if anyone wants to see it for future reference, haha.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM

If it's the same part though what's the point?

I got the thing jimmy-rigged to shift with some heavy-duty tie wraps. Shifts perfectly and should hold until I get my new cables in so at least it's working at the moment.
Can throw a picture up if anyone wants to see it for future reference, haha.
hahaha thats how u do it!
When i damaged my stock IC i used JB weld to seal it up enough until my MPx IC arrived.
Props man!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
hahaha thats how u do it!
When i damaged my stock IC i used JB weld to seal it up enough until my MPx IC arrived.
Props man!
Haha, thanks. The fix is gravy, plus I threw some extra tie wraps in my glove box in case in breaks again. Ooooh yaahh.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 AM
SS1

LOL i just encountered this problem with mine. new cables on the way. the first time i had shifting problems i found that the bracket that holds the cables actually broke in half haha
Old 02-23-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Digging up an old thread but this has just recently happened to me, 1,3,5 all shift in nicely 2 and 4 are a little different though. It feels like I am hitting a wall when shifting into these gears. To get it to go in I have to use both hands and bend the shifter back real hard. Once it does go in when I shift out its stuck and i literally have to use both arms to push the shifter out.

But here is the kicker it only does it when its below 35 deg out. Any time above 35 and it doesnt exactly shift smoothly like 1,3,5 but it goes into gear.
I have removed the cup holder and the things are all still in place, nothing is broke by the mount on the trans and the endlinks are secured just fine. Should I try readjusting the right cable?
Old 02-23-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
You'll probably have to replace the cables. Will be smooth as butter afterward. The shield over the cables eventually gets brittle and shrinks around the actual cable in cold temperatures.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its gotten worse as the winter has gone along, Today i couldn't even get into 2nd or 4th and I barely grabbed reverse when I backed into my spot at home. I am gonna call around to dealerships tomorrow to get it in. Its too cold for me to be laying on the ground for a day.