Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Abs and tc light on after hub replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abs and tc light on after hub replacement

Hi everyone, let's start with there was no abs light or tc light on when my right front bearing started making noise. I replaced the hub assembly yesterday and right away the abs and tc come on as well the service thus n that in the dic. Today I have the car on hoist, the hub I replaced is showing open in the 1k ohm range but is reading.45Mohms . Figure it's a bad sensor... So I checked the left front for a comparison. It's showing totally open. How can this be possible if there was no lights on and no codes for the either bearing before the Replacement of the right front? I have tried disconnecting the battery for 15mins and I also did a voltage check on both fronts, neither of which r producing any ac voltage when spun up by hand... Very strange...

Any input is welcome and much appreciated haha. I will add that I'm a licenced technician so any other testing or checks isn't a big deal.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solutions?

Originally Posted by Meadowvalien
Hi everyone, let's start with there was no abs light or tc light on when my right front bearing started making noise. I replaced the hub assembly yesterday and right away the abs and tc come on as well the service thus n that in the dic. Today I have the car on hoist, the hub I replaced is showing open in the 1k ohm range but is reading.45Mohms . Figure it's a bad sensor... So I checked the left front for a comparison. It's showing totally open. How can this be possible if there was no lights on and no codes for the either bearing before the Replacement of the right front? I have tried disconnecting the battery for 15mins and I also did a voltage check on both fronts, neither of which r producing any ac voltage when spun up by hand... Very strange...

Any input is welcome and much appreciated haha. I will add that I'm a licenced technician so any other testing or checks isn't a big deal.
Did you ever get your problem fixed with the abs and tc lights? I have that issue and i need help lol