Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

cv axle thump

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cv axle thump

so ive been having this loud thumping/vibration coming from the right side front of my car, only does it over 30mph, btw i have replaced every last suspension component in the front of this thing and i cant duplicate anything anywhere, ive tried checking it out on my lift at work, nothings loose the cv boot isnt ripped, i put the car in gear in the air and let it rip and diddnt hear anything but theres just this thumping that gets louder and more pronounced with higher speeds, it almost sounds like someone has a dead blow hammer tapping the passenger side floor board but gets faster the faster i go, if im doing like 1-20mph i cant even notice it, and im not sure if its worth mentioning but if im taking a corner over 40mph it really seems more pronounced i have replaced the d/s cv axle and front pads and rotors too, the ball joints and tie rods are good tires are brand new wheels arent bent, i am just afraid the p/s cv axle is taking a **** on me but i cant say ive ever heard a cv joint make this kind of racket, anyone had an axle make noises like that? anybody have similar expirience or know something to guide me before i waste money on the other axle if i dont need it